Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #23157

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
heh heh... you get your bills to pay?
Lol - yep.. nah - we don't got no stinking bills... but Rezman and Jackie will never have to use the Red Solo Mutant cup again...

And soon Possum and Dog will be well appointed Canadian Mutants

Hey Tina - Check yer PM.

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #23158

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingennis View Post
And it was the most delicious day ever...

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Super to see the 3 of you together and looking so happy -- and well-fed! (Or about to be.)

I'd comment on the food, but find it hard to type while drooling so much. I can almost smell Thai seasoning from here!

Pop in more often, please!

Cheers!
Sue

Old 09-28-2014, 10:32 PM   #23159
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Barb et al,

In a few days I will be changing ISP and my e-mail address will change. I just haven't figured out what the ISP will allow as an address. So if we get bounces on the other site please bear with me.
Peace at last, peace at last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Crickets...
About to roll on out to get Bonita and run her up to have shades installed on the - command module - I will be glad to replace the black night shades and the side curtains. They worked but aren't very festive... or homey.
And I thought black fit your demeanor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I gotta build me one of these for my Beaver! LOL

Attachment 75234
Priceless image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Am I the only one that does this, I hit User CP, get list of subscribed threads with new post, then fat finger my selection and wind up unsubscribed. Then I have to make meaningless post like this one to get back on!
Excuse me! What do you me by "post like this one."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
OH MY!! Now you're in trouble Diane!!
She can just smile and get out of trouble now-a-days.

Quote:
If I was to come would you vouch for me too?
Who are you again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I just reinvested in my retirement. I just bought another month load of lottery tickets. Come on numbers.
Every time I purchase lottery tickets I have the winning numbers. Then they draw numbers.

Quote:
Hey guy - Annie is heading to the mailbox tomorrow. Ya know what that means...
Payday! You rich son of a gun you!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:43 PM   #23160

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
heh heh... you get your bills to pay?
I get my mugs... then the old " check is in the mail"
rezman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:10 PM   #23161
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
We did stick to it. And - in the words of Robert Fort - that has made all the difference.

But - the truth is - getting comfortable with retirement in general - especially early retirement - takes planning, execution and faith. Even if you've worked yourself into a equal or otherwise comfortable retirement income that ₩#*k provided - your savings rate goes down. We are plowing a ton into the 401k right now. When the market goes down, it's troubling - but faith dictates - buying more for less is a good thing in the long run.

Once ₩#*k ends, downturns are little more serious - at least to me... To avoid the worry of needing to draw money in a downturn - I have set up a transition IRA account. When my 401K is ++ I make some sales and move the cash into that account. But you can't do that until 59.5 years old. Sometimes I put it in a bond fund or utility to earn a little something but mostly its cash and serves as that cash reserve we should all keep.

There is only real way to avoid the fear of unknown financial needs and that's to have Waynes money!!! I'm pretty sure he's thinking of adopting me.

Also - don't be greedy - take profits - and keep the cash reserve funded even before 59.5...
Wish I was as knowledgeable as you! I'll be 62 in Nov. & Kate will be 65 in Dec. She will retire when she turns 66...in 15 months. (I'll be 63 at that time.) Hate to take SS at 63, but we'll see. Have a couple of retirement accts that will help some, and rental income from 3 homes. I am gonna try and figure it out. She really would like for me to retire when she does. I'd like that, too, so will try to make it work. It's a little bit scarey!

I do not want to draw from retirement acct reserves ever. Hope to just take profit and hold on to the rest for as long as possible.

I know people cut the cord to full time work and follow the rainbow all the time and make it just fine - some on less monthly income than we'll have, some with more.

Still, I am heading to the Hill Country with my bro & sil this weekend. While they play on the lake, I'll be checking out some coaches in the Austin area. Yippee!

But I am wondering if we would have more and better selection if we wait until Spring to purchase our MH?
Old 09-28-2014, 11:54 PM   #23162

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Wish I was as knowledgeable as you! I'll be 62 in Nov. & Kate will be 65 in Dec. She will retire when she turns 66...in 15 months. (I'll be 63 at that time.) Hate to take SS at 63, but we'll see. Have a couple of retirement accts that will help some, and rental income from 3 homes. I am gonna try and figure it out. She really would like for me to retire when she does. I'd like that, too, so will try to make it work. It's a little bit scarey!

I do not want to draw from retirement acct reserves ever. Hope to just take profit and hold on to the rest for as long as possible.

I know people cut the cord to full time work and follow the rainbow all the time and make it just fine - some on less monthly income than we'll have, some with more.

Still, I am heading to the Hill Country with my bro & sil this weekend. While they play on the lake, I'll be checking out some coaches in the Austin area. Yippee!

But I am wondering if we would have more and better selection if we wait until Spring to purchase our MH?
Hi Mel - first off - hahahah - I'm not particularly knowledgeable. In fact, I have a list of hard knocks that will rival anyone's... I just know my own situation. You have a nice thing going with the rental income. It's all a matter of what works for you. You should be proud of that. I think with 3 houses you can put a hotel on the boardwalk - or Park Place...

So we watched The Shawshank Redemption for umpteenth time last night - I'm always taken by the line

Andy Dufresne: "I guess it comes down to a simple choice really. Get busy living, or get busy dying."

Define living and dying for you and yours ---> And of course it's scary. The unknown is always scary. For us - we finally figured out that we really have so little control over things - and the security we feel in sitting still - staying pat - is an illusion. Jumping into the deep end may not be for everyone - but nobody pushed us. We just decided that the Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid run made sense for us under a very specific set of circumstances. We set about figuring out what that was and made it happen - the 5 year plan! Beats bullets flying like Butch and Sundance!! Lol.

As for looking now - looking in the spring - believe me - it takes some looking - months - and coaches are always available. I suggest you go and kiss some toad's - drive em - kick tires - open storage bays - see how the water bays are set up - how the electric systems and batteries are set up. Crawl under em - open doors - drawers - lift the bed up - push on the walls - knock on the doors - open the windows - lay on the bed. Before ya finalize anything - jacks up and down - slides in and out. Inspect - and find an inspector.
And above all - have fun. There is no hurry. And remember - you have each other. Annie and I are happy anywhere and everywhere (so long as there is heating and air conditioning lol) as long as we're together. I suspect you two are the same.

And so there are no misconceptions - being an RVM has nothing to do with full timing. Some do - some don't. Some may. Some won't. The rainbow goes on and on forever - but our time on it is finite. Find you way to enjoy it and make it happen your way. You will be glad ya did!
Old 09-28-2014, 11:54 PM   #23163
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Mel,

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you'll get a better deal now, at the end of the "high season". Also, you might find more on the market from private sellers not wanting to winterize the Moho.

Have you checked the classified listings here on iRV2?
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:14 AM   #23164

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Let me add this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1411967683135.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	75281  
Old 09-29-2014, 07:16 AM   #23165

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Hey guys - great to have had the preview pics yesterday by text! Annie and I feel like we had front row seats at the Ed Sullivam show for the Dave Clark 5 (that's a TV show and band some of us old mutants were fond of). Maybe try the Google or the Wiki...

So let me know what ya decide on Rockport - Drifters or Lagoons. It's about 360 miles from Dallas to Rockport - so you could do it in a day if ya had to from here. Like I mentioned yesterday - Vineyards is close to where you will be for that show - and close to the highway headed south.

Anyway - it's great to hear from ya and look forward to seeing you in Rockport - regardless of the week. We'll be there in one park or the other from 11/14 - 12/1.

Take care! Keep in touch.
I'll more than likely shoot straight from Dallas Monday morning.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:36 AM   #23166
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Good morning all.......
I think it is Monday..... Oh right D day

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:43 AM   #23167

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Good morning all.......
I think it is Monday..... Oh right D day

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Dentist Day?
Old 09-29-2014, 07:54 AM   #23168
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Sue that would be roughly 1000' of fence. Will try to get the remaining area cleared this winter when leaves and critters are gone and a good hammer wielder will come in handy with all those T-post! Lol

Been working on it for over a year, things like rally's, curiosity's and hosting keeps getting in the way. Have post driven for about half of already but will need to clear brush again before stretching wire. My buddy sold his dozer so that means doing by hand.
Sounds like I have to send my "Letter of Regret" again.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:00 AM   #23169
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
I use to think I was like that, then one day I walked out never to return and now 2 yrs later the place still stands! Imagine that!
Unfortunately for me, I introduced the software we use for estimating and reporting to insurance companies to our company 14 years ago and have managed it since. I truly am the only one who can assist the IT guys as I have all the codes and info to get it put back in place. "Job Security" I call it!
Old 09-29-2014, 08:11 AM   #23170
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Dentist Day?

Yes..... Wish me fast healing......

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote