Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #23255
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Lol... With a smile....

I joined this group in December.... I am a retired educator, jr high most of those years (I taught for 3 years - jr. & sr. high school. Actually loved it, but life took me in a different direction.)

I am a lazy typist on my ipad, and my fingers have a tendency to slide to the neighboring keys. I am also a watercolor artist.... And at the GC i gave a workshop on painting with wc....
Can't wait to see some of your work! My dad was quite a good artist, as is my brother. I suppose my "art" is song-writing.

They learned i can talk fast even with a slow southern drawl.... Truth is I am a really good editor and spelling and grammar police.....

Oh, boy. TWO of you! If Kate ever gets on this forum, everybody look out. She is a published author and worked as a newspaper copy-editor and columnist before following her heart and going into a 2-year program for chaplaincy training. (She is now a full-time hospice chaplain.) But, I doubt you'll ever see her on the forum. When she's not at work, she's got her head in her Kindle, reading a book.

But not since retiring.... My DH, Larry, said Wayne gave me the nickname... It is in the thread somewhere.... Anyway, when someone mis types now, they call it a Di move, SFM....

I knew there was a story. I'm learning that Wayne is a serious "kidder" and probably a "prankster" as well! But then, a lot of people in this group are, which is one of the things I love about it!

Glad you are here... Looking forward to getting yo know you both.... Ditto, Diane. Good to get to know a little about you!

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Mel

MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2014, 10:00 AM   #23256

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
RVM Challenge:

What is the most important, rewarding personal item inside your RV?
Mine is my frying pan.
easy peasy. . . . . . . . ME ! ! !

Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:02 AM   #23257
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Mel - in case you missed my post about Heath and Alyssa and, their quest - and 1 post joining us here as RVMS - These two 23 year old newlyweds are fun to read and follow.

This particular link from Heath is timely.. The Happiness of Pursuing an Unconventional Life

And Alyssa is an inspiring writer too... guess who else had a refrigerator problem Barb...
September: A Month of Adversity, Blessings, and the Broken Refrigerator - Alyssa Padgett

These two are busy - and I get an email now and again when Heath plays ketchup on his email...

Just a reminder these two kids are out there too...
Went to Heath's BlogSpot and OMG! These young adults are AMAZING!!! I would certainly count us fortunate to run into them somewhere on the road one day.

Also, Steve, the jitters have passed and I've got my sites on early March, 2016 as our launch into full-timing. There is NO reason in the world that we can't do this! So, we WILL. It has been my dream for decades. Kate got on board not long after our first big trip with our 24' Terry Resort TT. We spent 10 days at Mueller State Park in Colorado. She got the fever then.

You and Annie are outta there in less than 3 weeks now! AWESOME!!! Cannot wait to read about your full-time RV life. You know that Kate & I are going to school on you and Annie ... and all the other full-timers in this crazy group. So very glad to have found you all.

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:44 AM   #23258
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Went to Heath's BlogSpot and OMG! These young adults are AMAZING!!! I would certainly count us fortunate to run into them somewhere on the road one day.

Also, Steve, the jitters have passed and I've got my sites on early March, 2016 as our launch into full-timing. There is NO reason in the world that we can't do this! So, we WILL. It has been my dream for decades. Kate got on board not long after our first big trip with our 24' Terry Resort TT. We spent 10 days at Mueller State Park in Colorado. She got the fever then.

You and Annie are outta there in less than 3 weeks now! AWESOME!!! Cannot wait to read about your full-time RV life. You know that Kate & I are going to school on you and Annie ... and all the other full-timers in this crazy group. So very glad to have found you all.

Mel

Mel....

Please tell Kate, that when we first started traveling, I was really afraid to overnight in truckstops, or parking lots, but now, it just makes sense.... If we are just going through, no need to spend extra time, or money for rv park... Deoending upon where we can park, we might or might not put the slide out... We have a full wall slide... One thing that was very important to me was the washer dryer combo..... Splendide, all in one... Love it... Dianeziemski.com or google my name for art.... Only do watercolors....

Diane TOFTSFM.... #64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant)
and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #23259
RVM1

Quote:
RVM Challenge:

What is the most important, rewarding personal item inside your RV?
Mine is my frying pan.

Challenge update: What is the most important, rewarding inanimate personal item inside your RV? ✌️

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #23260

Vintage RV Owners Club
Now you have them pondering.....
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #23261
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Challenge update: What is the most important, rewarding inanimate personal item inside your RV? ✌️

The paintings.....

and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:23 PM   #23262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Food..... The RVM favorite is.........

Attachment 75350

and is retired, duh!

Help! Photos keep coming up "broke" the past 2 days, and I can't see your map! Ol' Nosy here wants to know what's there, especially on IL.

Grits for PA??? Sheesh!
Old 09-30-2014, 12:33 PM   #23263
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Help! Photos keep coming up "broke" the past 2 days, and I can't see your map! Ol' Nosy here wants to know what's there, especially on IL.

Grits for PA??? Sheesh!

See it now?😄
Illinois is yolk?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412098360.025111.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	355.9 KB
ID:	75389

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:24 PM   #23264
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Afternoon Muties!

I suppose it is only conjecture at this point because I don't have a Rainbow Rider yet. Me thinks mine might be my laptop because it's the way I stay connected to my family and extended family.

A close second might be the BACON in the fridge that will fit into that fryin' pan or other means of preparation. Hopefully it's inanimate before then!!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:33 PM   #23265

Quote:
See it now?😄
Illinois is yolk?
Attachment 75389

Thanks, Dave! Yes, I can hear you now!

Grits for nine (count 'em: 9!) states? Hot button, I reckon! IL eggs makes some sorta sense, alrhough I'd never guessed that.

Oh well; tweeters! Whadda they know? (That we don't?)

Tx again, sir!
Old 09-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #23266

Quote:

Oh, Lordy! Do I hafta think?!!

Okay: my pictures, spinning wheel, or computer..... I'd perish along with them while still trying to make a decision!

To avoid that fate, I'll make a decision now. Spinning wheel can be replaced; info on computer should be backed up; that leaves my pictures. Only one, really, because that one documents one of our early winter trips in a big rig. Couldn't replicate it if I tried.

Whew! Am I safe now?
Old 09-30-2014, 02:38 PM   #23267

I'd say snake bite my mascot or my lap top you know SOA is on tonight and I can't miss that!!!!

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #23268

Quote:
See it now?��
Illinois is yolk?
Attachment 75389
Texas is right but GA,SC is wrong them 2 places would be as follows
GA pulled pork bbq vinegar base bbq sauce.
SC would be pulled pork with cold slaw in it on a bun.
a few more for you
Maine Italian sandwich from amoto's
RI is soupy (this is like a summer sausage) and hard apple cider together.
LA is boudan not sure on the spelling
CT would be grinders

just my 2 cents

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote