Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #23451
Senior Member
 
Dwayne & Shara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the rainbow
Posts: 1,528
hay y'all been working on the motorhome all day long. I'm beat! hole pas. side under coach cleaned and everything in place. tools cleaned and put up well some of them. lol added base boards in kitchen and bathroom new linoleum floor in both. resealed roof. was not leaking just time to do it. cleaned screens on all the windows. Washed the dog. cleaned carpet mats on the steps. tomorrow drivers side under coach. sunday leave MD. heading south for the winter.
__________________

__________________
Time is life! money is just a tool. how much of your life is a tool worth?

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2014, 05:40 PM   #23452
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
hay y'all been working on the motorhome all day long. I'm beat! hole pas. side under coach cleaned and everything in place. tools cleaned and put up well some of them. lol added base boards in kitchen and bathroom new linoleum floor in both. resealed roof. was not leaking just time to do it. cleaned screens on all the windows. Washed the dog. cleaned carpet mats on the steps. tomorrow drivers side under coach. sunday leave MD. heading south for the winter.
Need some of that done here - how soon can be ya be here...
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #23453
Senior Member
 
Dwayne & Shara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the rainbow
Posts: 1,528
hay huntski I'm heading your way. anybody that wants me to stop in on our way by speak now or forever hold your peace!
__________________
Time is life! money is just a tool. how much of your life is a tool worth?

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #23454
Senior Member
 
Dwayne & Shara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the rainbow
Posts: 1,528
well I'll be near huntski on the 7th of oct! and I'll be near you on the 1st of nov.
__________________
Time is life! money is just a tool. how much of your life is a tool worth?

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #23455
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
hay y'all been working on the motorhome all day long. I'm beat! hole pas. side under coach cleaned and everything in place. tools cleaned and put up well some of them. lol added base boards in kitchen and bathroom new linoleum floor in both. resealed roof. was not leaking just time to do it. cleaned screens on all the windows. Washed the dog. cleaned carpet mats on the steps. tomorrow drivers side under coach. sunday leave MD. heading south for the winter.
I washed my toad! I'm beat too!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #23456
Senior Member
 
Dwayne & Shara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the rainbow
Posts: 1,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I washed my toad! I'm beat too!
lol
__________________
Time is life! money is just a tool. how much of your life is a tool worth?

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:51 PM   #23457
Senior Member
 
Dwayne & Shara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the rainbow
Posts: 1,528
huntnski I'll trade ya I'll help with fence you help with place to hunt MD was a bust!
__________________
Time is life! money is just a tool. how much of your life is a tool worth?

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #23458
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
huntnski I'll trade ya I'll help with fence you help with place to hunt MD was a bust!
Sounds like a deal BUT, I'm not home and not sure when I'll get there. The pressure is truly on now, freezer at home went out, lost all but the meat I had with me, and Mary cooked the last tenderloin last night! Last of the ground went in chili few night before! I may have to start eating beef! O my!

Fence will have to go on back burner till new freezer is full!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #23459
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,233
Herb, was that Pannama RV resort you stayed at this year and did it have easy access to beach. Mary is on a beach tour at the moment !
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #23460
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So I would love to see the counter argument...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellnes...ry?id=10751420
The counter argument is, those washers are not really any more germ laden than the one in your house or RV. I've lived almost 65 years and have actually washed out a machine less than 5 times. Everyone seems to think their germs and bacteria are superior to those of strangers. I shudder to think of the mold levels in the RV's with the washer dryer combo, or stackables for that matter. The size of the closets practically guarantees mold in unseen places.
If we are honest with ourselves, when was the last time you washed out the washer and dryer with bleach? These articles are designed to shock and amaze you.
Everyone justifies their choices.
I just wish they wouldn't imply, as they did in the article, that your germs are better than mine. The one thing the article did point out, dryers have increased the bacteria in your laundry. Hanging clothes outside kills all bacteria because of the ultraviolet radiation.
That all being said, once every three weeks sitting in a laundromat is enjoyable. Read a book and people watch. Its very entertaining, and a very economical use of time and resources.
How's that for a counter argument?
__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #23461
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,055
Wow... What a storm... Just blew through... Sirens, etc, tornado warnings, but no damage here... Chuck... Its coming your way...



Diane TOFTSFM.... #64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant)
and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #23462
Senior Member
 
chuckinthebus's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Wow... What a storm... Just blew through... Sirens, etc, tornado warnings, but no damage here... Chuck... Its coming your way...



Diane TOFTSFM.... #64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant)
and is retired, duh!
Thanks. We will be on the lookout. Weatherman said this morning all we were getting was about 2" of rain, but nothing severe in level. But that was this morning and came from the weatherman, who only needs to be half right and still keep his job.
__________________
Chuck, Sara (RVM 50.5) & Chopper (the fuzzy 1)
2003 DSDP w/2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2 Kayaks & 2 bikes. Living and Loving life.
RVM50
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #23463
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Wow... What a storm... Just blew through... Sirens, etc, tornado warnings, but no damage here... Chuck... Its coming your way...

Diane TOFTSFM.... #64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant)
and is retired, duh!
It was almost as fast coming through here as the storm that ran through the GC... no damage here at home - but several places around Dallas were hit hard...
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #23464
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
The counter argument is, those washers are not really any more germ laden than the one in your house or RV. I've lived almost 65 years and have actually washed out a machine less than 5 times. Everyone seems to think their germs and bacteria are superior to those of strangers. I shudder to think of the mold levels in the RV's with the washer dryer combo, or stackables for that matter. The size of the closets practically guarantees mold in unseen places.
If we are honest with ourselves, when was the last time you washed out the washer and dryer with bleach? These articles are designed to shock and amaze you.
Everyone justifies their choices.
I just wish they wouldn't imply, as they did in the article, that your germs are better than mine. The one thing the article did point out, dryers have increased the bacteria in your laundry. Hanging clothes outside kills all bacteria because of the ultraviolet radiation.
That all being said, once every three weeks sitting in a laundromat is enjoyable. Read a book and people watch. Its very entertaining, and a very economical use of time and resources.
How's that for a counter argument?
HA !! Well Dave it only has to satisfy you! And truth is - to have a washer dryer or not in your RV is a silly debate to me. Don't have it - Don't miss it. Great. Whyfore and whynots are as you say, a choice.

I will say that while I'm not a germaphobe by any means, I do prefer my germs to those of others. I am more concerned these days - after getting the swine flu this year while working from home. I am not a recluse - but I'm not out in public nearly as much as I once was and yet I was really sick from something I caught somewhere. Now - 15 miles down the road from me are a 100 or so people exposed or potentially exposed to ebola. Again - I don't fear germs or much else really, but the times, they are a changin.

I will add - in winter the washer got the pink stuff - in spring it got the clorox. It's how we roll...
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


« Kayaking | - »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (2 members and 2 guests)
bokobird, Wayne M
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.