Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #225

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
RVM2, I see your computer or your phone has forgotten how to use spell check again, genesis.

jdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #226

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoc
RVM2, I see your computer or your phone has forgotten how to use spell check again, genesis.
Mornin Jerry and thanks. Even had time to edit it. That's what I get for posting BCKI. Before coffee kicks in.

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #227
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Mornin Jerry and thanks. Even had time to edit it. That's what I get for posting BCKI. Before coffee kicks in.
It's not spell check you need worry about. It's auto-correct. Thanks Apple.

Ellen has a whole new part of her show dedicated to the perils of it.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #228
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Les - I heard a song once years ago and contracted a serious case of cat scratch fever. Never had the dogscratch kind. Speaking of saliva - RVMs roll up their sleeves and spit on their hands when a fellow mutant needs assistance.
I thought the saliva spit was the palm of the hand just before an RVM handshake! Works for me (as long as I'm doin' the spittin'.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #229
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I thought the saliva spit was the palm of the hand just before an RVM handshake! Works for me (as long as I'm doin' the spittin'.
At least it's not gash and blood handshake!

Gonna have to stock up on "Hand-Sani" for next RVM rally if Wayne's doin the spittin! LOL
Old 04-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #230

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Got a feeling we'll need goggles too - with this bunch the outbursts of laughter and spit-takes will be legendary.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #231

iRV2 No Limits Club
Flaggship1 said:
"Early on in the thread when we were talking banjos I made reference to Jerry Garcia and his banjo pickin. Not sure if your "long strange trip" has influences from Jerry or not for you - but it sure does for me".

I have had many influences from Jerry and his music plus, other forms of
root music especially the Blues. Jerry combined them all.

Jerry holds a unique place in music history to me. His song material, the jams and the free lifestyle.. He was definitely a mutant in many ways.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #232

Fleetwood Owners Club
I clearly am an RVM as I learned the difference between wanting and getting growing up. I look at fancy new MH's with 600 hp and more stuff than I can imagine. Then I look around ours and see we have one of everything we need and we get 9 mpg. Did I mention I am a techno want person who has a nine year old computer and it works just fine so that want needs to wait. Now if camera gear were the criteria I will fail the test to be an RVM. Rvm21
Old 04-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #233

Quote:
SylviaCub - if you look closely - my screen name was wrong too. Our names are mutating. You just can't get good help these days. Well - they're not paying us nothin for nothin here at RVM Central, but we do our best!

RVM2 - Steve and Annie
flagg-a-hip1...now that's just wrong..

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #234

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oldme - RVMs are a soulful, intuitive bunch with many interests and influences. Like Jerry, RVMs transcend the barriers others take comfort in. We learn more about RVMs and our way of life every day. R.I.P. Jerry Garcia.

While not Jerry - this is a pic I took in 2011 of David Bromberg and Jorma Kaukonen at Fillmore West. I was 17 again and while David was 65 and Jorma 72 at the time they were too! I am a wee 58 now but as an RVM I am renewed daily.

Two nights later I got this pic of the 80 years young, Ramlin Jack Elliot in Dallas. He no longer allows photos during the show as he becomes distracted from his work. Also between the two shows I caught Joe Ely in Dallas. A young 62 at the time. Each of these musicians were all RVMs in my opinion.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-980554959.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	37755
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-805396707.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	608.5 KB
ID:	37756
This trip from Dallas to San Francisco was by air travel and involved me traveling round trip from DFW and my best friend from college traveling from Albuquerque to SFO to DFW - ABQ. We met up Wed and were in Dallas on Friday for Jack and Joe on Saturday. That was one long strange trip indeed.
RVM2
Steve and Annie
Old 04-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan24601 View Post
I clearly am an RVM as I learned the difference between wanting and getting growing up. I look at fancy new MH's with 600 hp and more stuff than I can imagine. Then I look around ours and see we have one of everything we need and we get 9 mpg. Did I mention I am a techno want person who has a nine year old computer and it works just fine so that want needs to wait. Now if camera gear were the criteria I will fail the test to be an RVM. Rvm21
Well I still love my Cannon F1 and the DW likes her Cannon AE1.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #236

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck

flagg-a-hip1...now that's just wrong..
Oh lordy.... Somebody help me! Well - we don't have a monkey for a mascot for nuthin either, and with a 180 degree rotation and quick pulling motion, our wave is a facepalm. Yes, this all coming together nicely.
RVM2
Old 04-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #237

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Alan24601 - RVM21 -welcome!

Cameras are a different sort of animal - but I did finally determine that a digital back, medium format was going to be something I don't have and won't miss. You can buy a lot of diesel for the clams those things bring. Heck, you can even buy a lot clams - and I loves me some fresh clams on the half shell.

Ok folks - are there things you don't have and don't miss? Is the journey your destination? Step right up - tell us about it and claim RVM22 as yours!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #238

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck

Well I still love my Cannon F1 and the DW likes her Cannon AE1.
I still have my booklets, cassette tapes and VHS from NYIP mail classes - my AE1P and A2E. Filters, polarizers etc in various sizes for lenses. Guess they will go to the highest low bid on eBay when we go full time. Can't see taking them full time when I have a couple adequate digitals and the iPhone. Digital isn't all bad and I don't hear $$'s draining from my wallet when bracketing. Lots of slides to digitize before hitting the road.
RVM2 out.