Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #23801
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 15,042
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Do you still have an instrument to carry? My uke is long gone, unfortunately, but I have several other portable things to play ... all of them poorly. Even the spoons!

Would love to hoedown by the fire! I keep waiting for all those mutant P&Gs (pickers and grinners) to step up and admit it. A caller would be helpful, too.

Anybody???

Dont have my guitar anymore, but if someone lets me strum a bit, I would be most grateful. 😀
So happy I might sing! 😳
__________________

__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #23802
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Dont have my guitar anymore, but if someone lets me strum a bit, I would be most grateful. 😀
So happy I might sing! 😳
I will be visiting pawn shops looking - buying and trading guitars. If I have one at GC 1.1 Redux Jr. - I will let you strum. Will give you $10 not to sing..
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #23803
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 15,042
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I will be visiting pawn shops looking - buying and trading guitars. If I have one at GC 1.1 Redux Jr. - I will let you strum. Will give you $10 not to sing..

Ten bucks. Hmmm.
Maybe pass the hat?
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #23804
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Ten bucks. Hmmm.
Maybe pass the hat?
Whatever it takes. Lol... Since u r back in AZ - are ya keeping an eye out for Fred?
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #23805
MPH
Senior Member
 
MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Southern mountains of New Mexico
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Do you still have an instrument to carry? My uke is long gone, unfortunately, but I have several other portable things to play ... all of them poorly. Even the spoons!

Would love to hoedown by the fire! I keep waiting for all those mutant P&Gs (pickers and grinners) to step up and admit it. A caller would be helpful, too.

Anybody???
Yep. Have a nice guitar and even a sound system (left over from when I had a girl-band, when I was in my 40s ). Now, as far as carrying all that sound equipment to a CG ... maybe not. But, the guitar is easy to take along. Kate has some percussion instruments (she was my band's percussionist): Djhembe (sp?) drum, congas, bongos, chimes, shakers of all shapes and sizes, tambourines, and a bunch of other stuff I know not the names of.

We had a blast with the band and played in 5 or 6 states over a three period.

At any rate, we'll outfit you with a percussion instrument and you and Kate can keep the beat. It'll be fun!

Now, we just need to figure out when Kate & I can hook up with one of these GCs or mini-Cs.

M
__________________
Mel & Kate and Zorro, our dashing little Havanese dog.
2008 Crossroads Cruiser 5th wheel
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #23806
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 15,042
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Whatever it takes. Lol... Since u r back in AZ - are ya keeping an eye out for Fred?

I always have an eye out for my best boy, Fr.E.D. I still miss him, and know that he is treating some folks real well. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412725919.841599.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	755.4 KB
ID:	76000
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #23807
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 15,042
Blog Entries: 1
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Yep. Have a nice guitar and even a sound system (left over from when I had a girl-band, when I was in my 40s ). Now, as far as carrying all that sound equipment to a CG ... maybe not. But, the guitar is easy to take along. Kate has some percussion instruments (she was my band's percussionist): Djhembe (sp?) drum, congas, bongos, chimes, shakers of all shapes and sizes, tambourines, and a bunch of other stuff I know not the names of.

We had a blast with the band and played in 5 or 6 states over a three period.

At any rate, we'll outfit you with a percussion instrument and you and Kate can keep the beat. It'll be fun!

Now, we just need to figure out when Kate & I can hook up with one of these GCs or mini-Cs.

M

Maybe you and Kate should peek at the yurts?
http://www.rvcoutdoors.com/catherine...odation/yurts/

And maybe we can "strike up the band" sooner.
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #23808
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Maybe you and Kate should peek at the yurts?
http://www.rvcoutdoors.com/catherine...odation/yurts/

And maybe we can "strike up the band" sooner.
Yeah - after all you're only 592 miles from Catherine's Landing. We'll be coming up from Pharr - around 800 miles - Dave from AZ - about 1,200 miles... all just to get together.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #23809
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 15,042
Blog Entries: 1
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Yeah - after all you're only 592 miles from Catherine's Landing. We'll be coming up from Pharr - around 800 miles - Dave from AZ - about 1,200 miles... all just to get together.

Is that the infamous Pharr and Wyde?
Near Funk and Wagnals porch?
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:25 PM   #23810
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Hey Don - New season of... is pretty good...

Rule 15: "Always work as a team." - revealed in*Leap of Faith (episode)
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #23811
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Yup. Ya seen one, ya seen 'em all. Yessir!
The real trick is to keep on seeing them!
__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #23812
Registered User
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Thinking it will look like this?
Redneck Bonfire Fail - Video
At no time did I hear, "Here, hold me beer and watch dis." That's why it all went wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
And that would be "gas" and not "glass" dispersion??? One hopes!
😳
Nope definitely glass. It allows the propane to dissipate and keeps the flame area spread out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I will be visiting pawn shops looking - buying and trading guitars. If I have one at GC 1.1 Redux Jr. - I will let you strum. Will give you $10 not to sing..
Reminds me of when I was a kid. Got given 25 to sing and five bucks to shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Is that the infamous Pharr and Wyde?
Near Funk and Wagnals porch?
Like in Jammie and Dr.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #23813
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
QUOTE=flaggship1;2258257]Cocktails for 6 - Dinner for 4 - Sleeps 2..

What is Ideal size of motorhome to win Alex...

Wayne - are you telling me that your round shape fits comfortably in that booth. Booth - schmooth - give me a table and a chair to push away from it with anyday... LOL - diversity is the spice of life.

Very comfortably and I can't push the table out of the way either.





CadillacRanch, Amarillo to be more exact, and Palo Duro Canyon, so it looks like to me, Did you just drive by/through, or did you stop for awhile. Palo Duro Canyon has a nice outdoor play, "Texas." [/QUOTE]

We stayed 2 nights and actually went there. Im glad we did!
__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #23814
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Dave and Deb - sure nice having you back in the states and posting again....
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (1 members and 3 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.