Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #24725
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I have a heck of a time finding really good Italian anything here in BC. Although the "goats of the roof" Coombs Country Market place in Coombs has very good imported stuff. Imported all the way from Ontario.
I LOVE Goats on the roof in Coombs. One of our must-do stops when on the island.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #24726

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Diane I know how you feel, everytime I get in floor to play with grands I have to craw over to furniture to climb up off floor. Yet I keep doing it.

Baby update- Due date + 2 days no baby!
You know they arrive when they are good and ready... you could be sitting another 12 days before the docs will do something about it! Sometimes I wonder if that is the plan to help parents understand that things are all going to be on baby's schedule now and they just better get used to it....LOL!

MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:16 AM   #24727
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Evenin Muteys!

Hope all is well on the rainbow for everyone this Evenin. I know it is for Mel and Kate! Steve do you feel retired yet? As soon as you make the big move into Bonita it will hit you then.

Barb and I are about halfway crippled up tonite. We did a fundraiser for our granddaughters all day today at the TCU football game. We worked in the stadium club cleaning off tables after the fans came in the club to eat. They worked our tails off for 5 1/2 hours standing and walking around cleaning tables. We didn't have time to watch any of the game. By the time the game was over, between our backs and our feet, we hobbled to the car. Our legs are cramping along with every part of our bodies aching. That is definitely a young persons job. I told Barb the next time the grandkids ask us to volunteer, just give em money to go away! Lol
Lol! That kind of work IS for the young, not the young-at-heart! But I know your granddaughters were so proud that you helped.

I love TCU and here's why ... my dad's favorite football player and Dallas Cowboy of all time was Bob Lilly, who grew up in Throckmorton, TX (Dad went to 1st and 2nd grade there) and played for TCU. Dad followed TCU football faithfully because of Bob. Years later, my brother met Mr.Lilly in Las Cruces, NM, where Bob owned a business. My bro (Greg) said he was the nicest, most down-to-earth guy. So, I'm a TCU fan.

Yesterday evening, we drove from our hotel in Benbrook over to Dallas North Park mall to meet our son Brian and his wife Shelley for pizza at Grimaldi's (their choice!). About an hour drive for us. (Why was traffic so bad on a late Saturday afternoon?) They are both in wheel chairs (spina bifida) and have to take public transportation everywhere. Life is not easy for them. Anyway, they wheeled into the restaurant and an employee near me looked over to see them wheel in and said, "Oh no.' I wanted to punch his lights out. I didn't because Kate put her hand on my arm. She knows me.

We're still thinkin' on a name for our new Rainbow Rider. I'll letcha know when we choose it! I could hardly sleep last night thinking about all the things we need to do now that we have our coach. Actually, it was my knee throbbing that kept me up and while "up" I thought about the other stuff. Ha!

Steve and Annie, we are so happy for y'all!!! We're not too far behind you. About 16 months, actually. Excited to see you guys and all you other STMs at Catherine's Landing in April!

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:19 AM   #24728

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
You know they arrive when they are good and ready... you could be sitting another 12 days before the docs will do something about it! Sometimes I wonder if that is the plan to help parents understand that things are all going to be on baby's schedule now and they just better get used to it....LOL!
We paid for another week here at campsite, but 12 more day!! Nonono

Proof little boys are different, their first, a girl, was 2 days early. We are here till!
Old 10-19-2014, 08:24 AM   #24729
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Mascots

Love all the mascots! Dave, yours takes the cake. I'm glad you told us what it is, because we would've guessed it's a russet potato.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:31 AM   #24730
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
In truth, it is what Nola keeps him in line with. Just a hit on the head once in a while seems to do it.

I think we should call it "Dave's alignment rock."
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:36 AM   #24731
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

This mascot would be a tad heavy on the dash, otherwise, I'd get me one.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:40 AM   #24732
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Love all the mascots! Dave, yours takes the cake. I'm glad you told us what it is, because we would've guessed it's a russet potato.

Ours us a stuffed skunk... Gotta get a photo.. Before my own 2 girlies find it and destroy it........
The little rock from Little Rock that Papa Steve has, is from my back yard.... One of the door prizes at CL....

Our moho fiesnt have an official name. It is our rolling condo.... Which fits cause it was bought as part of a scam from a Con.... But we love having it, anyway......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #24733

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Wait, wait, wait! You say Weldon's, eh? Did I spell it right? Do they do bacon? How many folks can I cram into our Jeep for a trip to Weldon's?

Oh yeah, there will be extra room in our freezer for the best meat in AR! No, no, no need to apologize. We'll find it! 😜
Here is one of their specialties:
cheese filled bacon wrapped French bread
Old 10-19-2014, 08:59 AM   #24734
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Your probably right but at the moment I ache in places I didn't know could ache so we will see. We sure aren't gettin any younger when you have 21 grands like we do somebody is always wanting Pawpaw and Mammy for something.
Wuss!

Quote:
Herb is fit as a fiddle!

Base fiddle! Small head, skinny neck, then a big Ol ....... Base.

Sorry Herb I couldn't resist!
Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for those words. (Except the resist part)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
[...]
Yesterday evening, we drove from our hotel in Benbrook over to Dallas North Park mall to meet our son Brian and his wife Shelley for pizza at Grimaldi's (their choice!). About an hour drive for us. (Why was traffic so bad on a late Saturday afternoon?) They are both in wheel chairs (spina bifida) and have to take public transportation everywhere. Life is not easy for them. Anyway, they wheeled into the restaurant and an employee near me looked over to see them wheel in and said, "Oh no.' I wanted to punch his lights out. I didn't because Kate put her hand on my arm. She knows me.

We're still thinkin' on a name for our new Rainbow Rider. I'll letcha know when we choose it! I could hardly sleep last night thinking about all the things we need to do now that we have our coach. Actually, it was my knee throbbing that kept me up and while "up" I thought about the other stuff. Ha!
[...]
Mel
Kate held you back from doing physical harm but I hope you at least gave him a piece of your mind, and then some.

Did it bother him when they came to your table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Ours us a stuffed skunk... Gotta get a photo.. Before my own 2 girlies find it and destroy it........
The little rock from Little Rock that Papa Steve has, is from my back yard.... One of the door prizes at CL....

Our moho fiesnt have an official name. It is our rolling condo.... Which fits cause it was bought as part of a scam from a Con.... But we love having it, anyway......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Earlene, not so affectionately, named our MH "Citrus." She was just trying to be polite.

You could name yours......let me think on it awhile.

Miya is our official mascot, but at the GC@CL Dave was throwing out stuffed animals and claiming they were the mascot for a mutant. Somehow when he pulled out "The Crab," he looked at me and overhanded it saying it was appropriate. Can you imagine that. Poor 'ol me, a crab. No way, just ask Earlene......er, on second thought don't ask Earlene.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:09 AM   #24735

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I have a heck of a time finding really good Italian anything here in BC. Although the "goats of the roof" Coombs Country Market place in Coombs has very good imported stuff. Imported all the way from Ontario.
I'm sure that situation will change when you become MAYOR!!!
Old 10-19-2014, 09:16 AM   #24736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post

Okay, there's a story here! Do tell, Di, or do you have to save it for the campfire? 🔥

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 10-19-2014, 09:19 AM   #24737

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
Here is one of their specialties:

cheese filled bacon wrapped French bread

Aha! Another advance scout! 👍

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 10-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #24738

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Herb is fit as a fiddle!

Base fiddle! Small head, skinny neck, then a big Ol ....... Base.

Sorry Herb I couldn't resist!
Wayne has taught you well.....