Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #2507
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Is it my imagination, or are does our motley crew of mutants include an unusually high percentage of Canadian citizens? If so, is there a reason -- the water? The weather? The latitude?

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2013, 11:56 PM   #2508

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Possum - safe travels me matey - r r r r r ahr and and a bottle of run.

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:56 PM   #2509
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sue,

So sorry to hear about your injury. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #2510
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
You sure ain't gunna wanna meet my DW after you razed her place of birth.
You have to know what those Saskabushers are like?
I know cause I was one!

You'll have to turn the lights on when you get there.

I turned them off when I left in 1979.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #2511

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
Is it my imagination, or are does our motley crew of mutants include an unusually high percentage of Canadian citizens? If so, is there a reason -- the water? The weather? The latitude?
The attitude! And while we have the best of em, not all that many and could use a few more methinks - eh and all that.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #2512

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan24601
Rvm21 is in Park Rapids Minn. going to a tractor show tomorrow, checked out the headwaters of the Mississippi today. If they say so I guess I believe them. Later this year to check out the big end.
Somehow I missed your post in my whirlwind mutant tour yesterday. Great to hear from you! Hope your consuming your wine before the corks dry but none before their time.

Did ya get to the bottom of the coolant issue? Assume so since you're many miles from home.

Enjoy the retirement journey and tractor show and keep in touch. We need to keep close ties on our little mutant family.
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Old 08-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #2513

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Sue,

So sorry to hear about your injury. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.
Thanks! Just a little inconvenienced with the immobilizer sling. Soreness will go quickly.

The worst? I can't spin! (Or blow by doze -- my nose -- sniff, snuff).

Cheers!

Sue
Old 08-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #2514

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mutant update. My old college friend Bill just rolled on toward Brooklyn. Hated to see him go but it was for the best. As long as I have known him he has been a driver. Living in ABQ but his family was on the east coast, he would make regular trips back home and always driving.

Once long ago his Diesel Rabbit blew up on the return trip in Mattoon Illinois. He had to leave it. Fortunately for old Bill I was visiting my parents in Plano - and he tracked me down. Well I says to dear ole mom and dad, gotta cut our visit short cause I'm going to Mattoon. No problem they say - we like Bill. They had met him when they visited me in ABQ.

So off I go to see the brick streets of downtown Mattoon. Bill had holed up in a hotel that I believe was built before electric lights. Now it's not because he couldn't stay anywhere else, it was because Bill is Bill. He could have stayed anywhere. He comes from the kind of money that finds it's way to family members by skipping a generation. I think since we met in '77 he may have worked a few months. I also come from old money - but for us you get old trying to get a little money. To meet him, you would never know he had two nickels to rub together.

If I could talk him into a Motorhome he would make an excellent mutant. Before he headed out I asked, how far you going today? He said - until I stop. I asked - will ya just grab some sleep at rest area or stay in a hotel? He said - depends on what time it is.

Nothing like old friends, but a close second are new mutant friends - who will all - with luck - become old friends with time. Maybe we'll all get lucky and not age out in 36 years (how long I have known Wild Bill).

RVM2
Old 08-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #2515
RV Mutant #29

Just catching up with the mutants. What bad luck, Sue! Hope you mend speedily, (is that a word?) Have Martin peel you a grape. We made it back to the sticks and bricks. How did so much stuff get into the trailer? I 'm sure we did not start with all that.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #2516
RV Mutant #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Probably we just like to talk, eh? And the winters gives us cabin fever, so we hit the road as soon as the snow melts.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #2517

Hey MoonRover,

I tried a heat cured adhesive plastic patch, and it held for maybe 50 miles or so, I called Beaver Customer Service in OR, and they have a steel tank available so I guess I'll just bite the bullet and order one when I get to AZ. It's a bit pricey but comes with a lifetime warranty and thus, an end to living on a leaky patch. but thanks for the info on this tape next time I get into a larger city I'll get some but right now the place I'm staying only has a population of 280 people.

Cheers !!!!!

P.S. The bar in town is very well stocked !!!!
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #2518

Hi Judy !!!
We are very happy and living the dream of a lifetime, I always knew that this is what my DW and I wanted to do, and the best part is that I dont have to slam the trunk of the car shut and head home, I'm already in it with an adult beverage to boot watching the world go by. it is an incredible feeling.

Cheers !!!
Old 08-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #2519

Hey Steve,

Since Marcia and I are full timers we do plan a budget of monthly fuel expenses but no where near 1700 miles worth, there is just way to much to see inbetween all those places you just blow by. I like to keep things slow and closer together just in case something catches my eye and I have to stop and ponder the significance for an hour or two or even a whole day, whats the point of driving like you are on vacation when you are not on vacation but living the dream of a dreamer ? brings to mind that old song,

I wonder as I wander out under the sky .....

Cheeers !!!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #2520

Hi Barb,

An interesting tidbit that I found out a few years back when I visited a place called Steins, NM
The reason you saw so many chickens in the old west towns wasnt because of careless owners, it was becasue they provided rattler control. Now I dont know how true this is but, it is said that a chicken can peck a rattler faster than a rattler can strike.

I just wanted to throw this out incase someone was interested in getting live rattler control.

Cheers !!!