Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2014, 05:31 AM   #25215
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Ok after a long search and a lot of no ways on my part made a deal and got title in hand on our new jeep so without further ado here is our new jeep
Wow! Sweet ride! Congrats and a high five!

MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2014, 05:38 AM   #25216
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
As most of you know Canada had a tragedy yesterday. A deranged gunman shot and killed an innocent honour guard member at our "Tomb of The Unknown Soldier" He then ran into our building of parliament and was running through the halls with his weapon looking for someone to shoot.

The deranged fool's activities were cut short by the House Sargent at Arms who pulled his CC and shot the dude dead.

I bring this up only because my niece works in the building and from what we can gather the gunfire was along the hall across in front of the door that was the entrance to her office.

She is OK and we can still argue politics.
So glad to know your niece is ok. Sending Ommmmms her way in case she has any sleepless nights, nightmares, etc.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:41 AM   #25217
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Di from my experience 3 rigs of Texans is certainly enough to scatter plenty of bull hockey so you might want to carry a slicker with you! Lol
Or maybe a shovel?
Old 10-24-2014, 06:18 AM   #25218
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Confirmed our CL reservation yesterday after a few days of phone tag. We're in #20. And although we'll only be able to stay 3 nights, we're looking forward to meeting everyone.

I've got the coach pretty much ready for our maiden voyage this weekend. Woke up at 4:30 wondering what the hell I might have forgotten to get or do. Is that a forever-curse of owning a motorhome or just my first-time jitters?

Di: Can't wait to see your work up close and personal! Congrats on the honor. I know Juried selection is a big deal.

Jne: I know from reading your posts that sittin' at a picnic table with you will mean I'll be laughing a lot. Looking forward to meeting you! You'll be at CL, right?

Steve & Annie: Sending amplified Ommmmmms your way. You've got a LOT going on right now. The day is coming soon when we'll hear you singing that beloved tune "Happiness is North Richland Hills in my rearview mirror ...." (Does anyone remember Mac Davis? He's from my hometown of Lubbock -- which looks good in anyone's rearview mirror. Eh-hem, but the people are nice. No kidding.)

Ok, time to get ready for w__k ... and maybe a quick run by the mh to drop off the clean sheets and put the cheese-broccoli-potato soup I made last night in the fridge. Oh, and the champagne. Good grief, first things first!

Have a happy day, muties!

Mel
Old 10-24-2014, 06:21 AM   #25219
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Lets play name that mutant look alike.
I just THOUGHT I was done here for the day ....

Steve, you took a selfie?
Old 10-24-2014, 07:02 AM   #25220

Good morning and thanks for all the praise we are happy shara is so happy she came out this morning and hugged the jeep. Lol I tried to get my camera out but she caught me. Going to post pics later of how to haul it all if you know don't say it for the ones who don't want the surprise.

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #25221
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Confirmed our CL reservation yesterday after a few days of phone tag. We're in #20. And although we'll only be able to stay 3 nights, we're looking forward to meeting everyone.

I've got the coach pretty much ready for our maiden voyage this weekend. Woke up at 4:30 wondering what the hell I might have forgotten to get or do. Is that a forever-curse of owning a motorhome or just my first-time jitters?

Di: Can't wait to see your work up close and personal! Congrats on the honor. I know Juried selection is a big deal.

Jne: I know from reading your posts that sittin' at a picnic table with you will mean I'll be laughing a lot. Looking forward to meeting you! You'll be at CL, right?

Steve & Annie: Sending amplified Ommmmmms your way. You've got a LOT going on right now. The day is coming soon when we'll hear you singing that beloved tune "Happiness is North Richland Hills in my rearview mirror ...." (Does anyone remember Mac Davis? He's from my hometown of Lubbock -- which looks good in anyone's rearview mirror. Eh-hem, but the people are nice. No kidding.)

Ok, time to get ready for w__k ... and maybe a quick run by the mh to drop off the clean sheets and put the cheese-broccoli-potato soup I made last night in the fridge. Oh, and the champagne. Good grief, first things first!

Have a happy day, muties!

Mel

Mel....

I made a checklist in excel..... Very detailed.... But still i forget things.
Each trip i print one off and then do a scratch off.... Even the mh pantry items to replace....
What goes from home frig, etc..... Contact lens, ipad cords etc....
Larry has his own mental list that he follows, but i find i need it written down

I also keep a list in the mh, as i use up something, like canned tomatoes, i will know to get before the next trip.
Grocery stores are ysually close, but when we travel, i cook as if we are home....
You will soon find your own groove.... If you are close to us, just knock, i will share a cuppa whatever....

I have duplicates of just about everything except makeup..... And rx meds.
But i stll can guarantee i will leave something behind that i "think" i absolutely have to have....
That is how some of the duplicates came about.... Had to go buy when out on the road.

You got the juried part...... Are you an artist?

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:23 AM   #25222
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Good morning and thanks for all the praise we are happy shara is so happy she came out this morning and hugged the jeep. Lol I tried to get my camera out but she caught me. Going to post pics later of how to haul it all if you know don't say it for the ones who don't want the surprise.

Wish I coukd have seen that.... Shara let him take the pic.... Big happy smile...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Old 10-24-2014, 08:26 AM   #25223
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Door prizes! Sounds great, I'll just have to figure out how to RIG that game! lol

You know I really like Ducks and Deers! lol

Or... An auction, with proceeds going to help with Paul Byrd band expenses.........

Old 10-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #25224

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Or... An auction, with proceeds going to help with Paul Byrd band expenses.........

That would be awesome Di. I told Paul last night I was old and retired now and don't have the same flash cash I used to at hand to move him around the country. He said - "Brother - I just bought me a 2011 Ford Diesel Pickup and I sold Reno (the drummer) my Equipment Trailer. So you won' have to rent us a van...". Shaved a couple hundred off there. LoL.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:54 AM   #25225

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It's Friday.
Monday we fly to SD - we return late Wed Night with SD DLs in hand. Woot.

A week from today we move Bonita from storage to an RV park 20 miles up the road.

The following Wed the movers come and two weeks from today we should hit the road. It just seems daunting - all that is left to do. I know it will get done - but it won't be easy...
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #25226

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Or maybe a shovel?
And then the fight started

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:18 AM   #25227
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Mornin' Muties.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #25228

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goodmorning Ken et al.

Quit raining here so we didn't break any records but the 12" over the last five days came close. Good thing about living in a rainforest is that nature has a way of dealing with what she wrought.

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote