Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2014, 11:28 AM   #25229
MPH
Senior Member / RVM 89

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Mel....

I made a checklist in excel..... Very detailed.... But still i forget things.
Each trip i print one off and then do a scratch off.... Even the mh pantry items to replace....
What goes from home frig, etc..... Contact lens, ipad cords etc....
Larry has his own mental list that he follows, but i find i need it written down

I also keep a list in the mh, as i use up something, like canned tomatoes, i will know to get before the next trip.
Grocery stores are ysually close, but when we travel, i cook as if we are home....
You will soon find your own groove.... If you are close to us, just knock, i will share a cuppa whatever....

I have duplicates of just about everything except makeup..... And rx meds.
But i stll can guarantee i will leave something behind that i "think" i absolutely have to have....
That is how some of the duplicates came about.... Had to go buy when out on the road.

You got the juried part...... Are you an artist?

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Great advice. Even with our travel trailers, I had to have 2 check lists: 1 for tech/mechanical stuff to do with the tt & 1 for stock/supplies. If I don't write it down I may not remember. There is simply too much to remember!

My brother was an art major at Texas Tech. My dad was quite a good artist. Don't know if you've heard of a west Texas artist named Kenneth Wyatt, but he is well known in these parts.His daughter, Jill, is a great artist in her own right and my sister's best friend. (They graduated hs together.) Ruth (my sister) and Jill used to work a lot of Ken's shows when they were in hs ... which is how Ruth met the actor Ken Curtis, who played Festus on Gunsmoke. He was a collector of Kenneth's art and went along on some of Kenneth's shows.

We also have a friend in Santa Fe who is an artist and photographer.

Kate has a lot of artistic talent and passed it on to her younger son Mark, who is an architect in Austin. I wish he painted more. He's really talented.

Me? Naw, I didn't inherit the ability to draw paint or sculpt. My brother got all that! I guess I inherited the musical genes. Our dad was an incredible talent in art, music and creative writing. I can only WISH I was half as talented.

More than you needed to know!

We look forward to sering you at CL in April!

Melanie

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #25230
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
BTW, I'll be having a Watercolors flea market at CL, if anyone is interested.
Been there seen them - very nice indeed and worth a few pennies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Ok after a long search and a lot of no ways on my part made a deal and got title in hand on our new jeep so without further ado here is our new jeep
Woo hoo! Going to have some fun now. I don't know where you are going to find the time between jeepin' and motorcyclin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Wayne - I tried to post this earlier and the pic wouldn't load...

Is one of Miyas relatives a movie star or celebrity? Looks familar.
Miya could be a movie star if she'd just mind verbal commands!

Quote:
Could it be
That is one good looking dude!
=================================

Miya has the smile to be a movie star!
She is so good looking, like her daddy. (Daddy - ME)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Miya.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	77296  

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #25231
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sure is slow in the mutated world today.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:26 PM   #25232
RV Mutant #29

Sometimes a good thing! We had a week of heavy rain which messes with our internet and it has taken me a long time to finally catch up.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #25233

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Great advice. Even with our travel trailers, I had to have 2 check lists: 1 for tech/mechanical stuff to do with the tt & 1 for stock/supplies. If I don't write it down I may not remember. There is simply too much to remember!

My brother was an art major at Texas Tech. My dad was quite a good artist. Don't know if you've heard of a west Texas artist named Kenneth Wyatt, but he is well known in these parts.His daughter, Jill, is a great artist in her own right and my sister's best friend. (They graduated hs together.) Ruth (my sister) and Jill used to work a lot of Ken's shows when they were in hs ... which is how Ruth met the actor Ken Curtis, who played Festus on Gunsmoke. He was a collector of Kenneth's art and went along on some of Kenneth's shows.

We also have a friend in Santa Fe who is an artist and photographer.

Kate has a lot of artistic talent and passed it on to her younger son Mark, who is an architect in Austin. I wish he painted more. He's really talented.

Me? Naw, I didn't inherit the ability to draw paint or sculpt. My brother got all that! I guess I inherited the musical genes. Our dad was an incredible talent in art, music and creative writing. I can only WISH I was half as talented.

More than you needed to know!

We look forward to sering you at CL in April!

Melanie

Lists? Oh yeah! Big time! Only I never put them into Excel, which seems a great idea, and one which I plan to steal. (Tx, Di!)

Back in my TT days as a single mom, the short list for leaving was taped up right over the door almost at eye level so I wouldn't forget to check it. That kept me from driving off with the electric cord still plugged in and other such smart moves.

As to art ability, take some time with Diane if she's teaching. You will amaze yourself. Di is a good teacher as well as a talented painter. Not all artists can do both.

Besides that, look up Zentangle online and give that a try. It's art for people who can't draw, they say, and it's really true. Remind me to tell you my friend's story. I gave her a card I did with Zentangles on it and then showed her how to get started.

Cheers!
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 10-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #25234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Or... An auction, with proceeds going to help with Paul Byrd band expenses.........

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Brilliant! Let's do it! I can foresee bidding wars and all. Everybody has a good time no matter what -- win, lose, or draw.

Old 10-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #25235

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Sometimes a good thing! We had a week of heavy rain which messes with our internet and it has taken me a long time to finally catch up.

Tina, you know you only have to turn your back for a few seconds to get well behind. We all need speed reading skills!

Aside from the rain, how are things with you?

Old 10-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #25236

Quote:
Lets play name that mutant look alike.
I'll see ya and raise you one.

(Alfie, who owns my DD in UK)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2011-09-21 iPhone snaps 006.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	77311  
Old 10-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #25237

Woop there it is all together
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1414185701710.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	77314  

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:34 PM   #25238

From front of the motorhome to the back of the jeep is now 56 feet long.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #25239
RV Mutant #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Tina, you know you only have to turn your back for a few seconds to get well behind. We all need speed reading skills!

Aside from the rain, how are things with you?

Barring any disasters (touch wood, where's my rabbit foot?) we are leaving Sunday a.m. for points south for 3 weeks.Stops en route are Port Huron, MI, Georgetown, KY, Marietta, GA and then St. Augustine, FL for 3 nights, a week in Ft. Myers at Seminole Campground where we are staying in a rented RV and then 2 nights in Cedar Key on the way back. This is a slightly shortened version of the trip we were supposed to do last January before our daughter suddenly developed epilepsy. She is doing well right now and lots of backup systems are in place! I think it is too early to find you and Martin in Naples? After this "exploratory" trip we should know if we want to take the trailer down next fall in 2015 and store it for part of the winter, for a more extended stay later in winter. Wouldn't be able to head home until mid April because of snow up here. Wish we could stay for months, but family issues prevent right now.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #25240

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Woop there it is all together
Wow... I had visions of the MOHO hooked up to the truck which had the motorcycle riding in the bed, which then was hooked up to the jeep....
this looks manageable, just don't make any sharp turns or you might squish your bike! You are smart to get all your ducks ...errr... toys.... in a row!
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #25241

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh Tina, I am crossing all my fingers and toes... I know you will enjoy your get away!
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:20 PM   #25242
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Sure is slow in the mutated world today.
Beautiful day here on the frozen tundra. 70+ temps, light breeze and lots of sun. Had some outside projects to get done before the winter sets in.

Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote