Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #25243

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
I'll see ya and raise you one.

(Alfie, who owns my DD in UK)
Alfie has a certain Wayne like quality... lol

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2014, 07:10 PM   #25244

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Barring any disasters (touch wood, where's my rabbit foot?) we are leaving Sunday a.m. for points south for 3 weeks.Stops en route are Port Huron, MI, Georgetown, KY, Marietta, GA and then St. Augustine, FL for 3 nights, a week in Ft. Myers at Seminole Campground where we are staying in a rented RV and then 2 nights in Cedar Key on the way back. This is a slightly shortened version of the trip we were supposed to do last January before our daughter suddenly developed epilepsy. She is doing well right now and lots of backup systems are in place! I think it is too early to find you and Martin in Naples? After this "exploratory" trip we should know if we want to take the trailer down next fall in 2015 and store it for part of the winter, for a more extended stay later in winter. Wouldn't be able to head home until mid April because of snow up here. Wish we could stay for months, but family issues prevent right now.

That sounds like a good reccy trip. Where in Cedar Key will you stay, right on the island or nearby? I was looking at that the other day and saw some lovely campgrounds, some over on the Suwannee River.

I will PM you right now about a possible mini-c, but it won't be in Naples, not this year anyway.

Cheers!
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things

Old 10-24-2014, 07:15 PM   #25245

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Oh Tina, I am crossing all my fingers and toes... I know you will enjoy your get away!
X2 Tina - I also recall mention of you possibly joining us @ CL in April via Cabin - Cottage or Yurt. Note the yurts have no bathroom but are located next to the group Pavillion / showers / restrooms. Yurts are more convienient to the Pavillion and RV spots but it isn't a huge park. But it is a nice one. I wish I hade more pictures of the place. We would love to have ya join us.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:15 PM   #25246

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Woop there it is all together
Dwayne, my jeeps both say tow four down or on a trailer. Something about the transfer case getting discombobulated or something if one axle turns while the other is stationary. Maybe look on line as I'd hate to see such a nice looking unit join the paperweight category.

Hey I could be wrong but I have to pass on what my book says.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:17 PM   #25247

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Wow... I had visions of the MOHO hooked up to the truck which had the motorcycle riding in the bed, which then was hooked up to the jeep....
this looks manageable, just don't make any sharp turns or you might squish your bike! You are smart to get all your ducks ...errr... toys.... in a row!
Thanks the jeep slides back away from the bike so no hitting will be going on.

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:18 PM   #25248

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Woop there it is all together
Ought to help the gas milage out to have that pushing you. If ya can't have a DP - a Harley JEEP Pusher (HJP) is a great choice!
Old 10-24-2014, 07:20 PM   #25249
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Lists? Oh yeah! Big time! Only I never put them into Excel, which seems a great idea, and one which I plan to steal. (Tx, Di!)

Back in my TT days as a single mom, the short list for leaving was taped up right over the door almost at eye level so I wouldn't forget to check it. That kept me from driving off with the electric cord still plugged in and other such smart moves.

As to art ability, take some time with Diane if she's teaching. You will amaze yourself. Di is a good teacher as well as a talented painter. Not all artists can do both.

Besides that, look up Zentangle online and give that a try. It's art for people who can't draw, they say, and it's really true. Remind me to tell you my friend's story. I gave her a card I did with Zentangles on it and then showed her how to get started.

Cheers!
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things

Sue.... Thank you... I will teach at each RVM get together. I enjoy it..... Beginners to pros.... Lol.... Its just fun.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #25250
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
X2 Tina - I also recall mention of you possibly joining us @ CL in April via Cabin - Cottage or Yurt. Note the yurts have no bathroom but are located next to the group Pavillion / showers / restrooms. Yurts are more convienient to the Pavillion and RV spots but it isn't a huge park. But it is a nice one. I wish I hade more pictures of the place. We would love to have ya join us.
This webpage has some yurt photos (click on the blue bar) and a site map of the facility. Yurts - Catherine's Landing

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #25251

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
This webpage has some yurt photos (click on the blue bar) and a site map of the facility. Yurts - Catherine's Landing
I think I should also note that last year I was able to get our group % discount applied to the band's cabin. So once we know the # of units and etc, anyone renting a Yurt or cabin should attempt - or even better - when making a reservation - ask for the discount. If we get the 26 units it's I think 17.5% discount eh Herb??
Old 10-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #25252

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ought to help the gas milage out to have that pushing you. If ya can't have a DP - a Harley JEEP Pusher (HJP) is a great choice!
Lmao

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:47 PM   #25253

10/22/2014

Mutant mascots enjoying the ride through the Smoky Mountain National Park.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0736.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	464.0 KB
ID:	77325  
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #25254

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Mutant mascots enjoying the ride through the Smoky Mountain National Park.
Woot Woot. Sparky is running around in circles - he gets so excited to see the other mutant mascots out on the rainbow. He doesn't understand how close 2 weeks till full time is, but he knows it's getting close.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:59 PM   #25255

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I cannot believe I am still going through paper.

Annie enlisted one of the neighbors with a truck (Andy) today and they took a bunch of tubs to storage. This is his second time to lend a hand - and we're trying to figure out a thank you gift. He is a good guy and we'll miss him.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #25256

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Occasionally I worry that going full time will fall into the irrational expectations category - KCCO -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1414204807770.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	77327