Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #2521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Okay, RVM36 is in the S & B, pouting, since she & DH had planned to be at a nearby rally by 4pm today. Instead, we spent the day in Emergency taking care of a dislocated shoulder. Mine.

Tripped at 8:05. Got home at 4, slept until 8 this evening. No tears all day but lots of near-screaming. I'm such a wimp!

Can we finish loading and go anyway? Is that even smart? When's my next hit of morphine? (No, never mind that last one, but it sure was great at the time!).

Can't spin with one arm in a sling. Big bummer.

Chin up & carry on!

Sue
So sorry to hear that! But chin up. A few years ago my DW suffered 1st and 2nd degree burns on her right ankle, foot and lower leg. She was not going to give up our annual trip, so we went anyway. We just stopped for treatments at different hospitals when she needed them.

Actually, I think, despite the pain, she enjoyed herself, with me doing all the chores - driving, dumping, cooking, shopping, etc.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #2522

Somehow, with no apology or explanation, I did some uncontrolled Internet surfing a few hours ago. As usual it starts somewhere and goes everywhere. Out of control. Here is where I ended: http://www.dieselpunks.org/

If you dig into the photos you can get into nostalgic 30's to 50's stuff. Cars, planes, trains, buses, suits, buildings, advertising ... It's mind boggling. Good food for the totally mutated, and retro-fans.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #2523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
RVM #9 have you considered showing these to Ted Nugent??

Sincerely RVM #40
Actually I'm subscribed to Ted's FB page... if it is really his and he's running it He's seen it. I must say it has generated interest and I now have orders for ammo belts and holsters. (Yikes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I have never heard any of the mutants play any type of instrument, but I would think you could make a lot of money from the audiences NEEDING that type of ammo and some strong fire power. (No hurt intended SF.)
This fellow wanted something different than the normal Guitar strap. I know he got the 44 mag for his birthday and he's pretty proud of it...his grand dad handed it down to him. I do know he's going to be putting dummy rounds in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Syl,

Beautiful leather work! You are very talented.

Like some others here, I question Bradley's need of so much heavy duty ammo while playing a guitar, but support his right to wear it. I assume it is his statement of the right to bear arms. I do hope he is a big strong guy who can support all that weight on one shoulder. I see lots of chiropractor visits in his future.
Thanks for the kind words. Yes he's a nice big fellow. The strap is also wide enough to distribute the weight. And as you will read above he's putting dummy rounds in it...not live rounds.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:44 AM   #2524
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
If I could talk him into a Motorhome he would make an excellent mutant.
RVM2
Steve,

Have you impressed upon Bill that motorhomes come in smaller sizes than Bonita Bounder? And that they can be cheaper than staying in even a cheap hotel, especially if you boondock or Wallydock. Anyone who prefers to drive rather than fly is the perfect candidate for a small RV.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #2525
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post

Actually, I think, despite the pain, she enjoyed herself, with me doing all the chores - driving, dumping, cooking, shopping, etc.
Sounds like Mary had a decent vacation, especially if she had a prescription for a little something to take the edge off the pain. Not many wives wouldn't enjoy watching hubby handle her chores.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #2526

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky

Steve,

Have you impressed upon Bill that motorhomes come in smaller sizes than Bonita Bounder? And that they can be cheaper than staying in even a cheap hotel, especially if you boondock or Wallydock. Anyone who prefers to drive rather than fly is the perfect candidate for a small RV.
Good morning Barb! Yep. In fact, Bill was very familiar with our Airstream 190 B Van. Over the many years I owned it we would go to the Pecos Wilderness and around New Mexico. In 2003 he came here and we drove it to the Willie Nelson 4th of July Picnic and we doubled booked RV sites. We had a spot on the water at Riverview RV Park in Marble Falls and one at the concert area about 10 miles away so we could shuttle ourselves in for the morning and for breaks and over to the lake at night. On that trip he actually drove us back to Dallas. Thought I had him hooked then.

Bill is a British car guy. He has a silver bumper MGB - a Midget - a 59 TD in restoration process. He also has 3 Jags. He owns the building a British garage operates out of in ABQ and does MG Registry tours.

He has more miles under his belt in those cars that would almost fit in our rear bath in the Bounder than many have in there Motorhomes. He would be a good candidate for a Toy Hauler. I think he's like many Harley riders who don't trailer bikes. As the years go on some eventually do. He's just not there yet. Maybe one day, for now he's so darn healthy he just drives.

He also has a friend with a Hot Air Ballon and crews for them. When he leaves NY a few days before Labor Bay he will drive straight to Colorado for a Ballon Rally there - where he also sees many RVs and still he resists.

He'd be a great mutant curiosity member as he's also a Ham radio operator and runs a net out of ABQ. Any mutant Hams can check him out on the High Noon Net. I'm actually tracking his travels using the aprs web tracker on his call sign. That has me thinking I want to get licensed - and he has been trying to get me to do that since 1977. He tells me I can easily do it now because there's no longer a code requirement like there was when he got his ticket.

Oh well - I'll keep after him. Hope you and your travel companions are having a great time! Be safe and enjoy the journey!
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #2527

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wild Bill travel update. Text message just in - looks like he made about 600 miles yesterday having left here at 11:30 am. He sent his route choice - which looks like an interesting drive. He's taking Route 3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2378700297.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	322.0 KB
ID:	44290
Old 08-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #2528

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Many years ago we had a '60 MG midget, you had to put the side windows in manually. I never remember driving it with the top, seems it was only a good weather car, centrifugal clutch SU carbs, and all. Oh what a fun memory you brought to mind. Thank you.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #2529

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH
Many years ago we had a '60 MG midget, you had to put the side windows in manually. I never remember driving it with the top, seems it was only a good weather car, centrifugal clutch SU carbs, and all. Oh what a fun memory you brought to mind. Thank you.
Lol!!!
Those MGs are certainly fun. He would travel with about half an engine in the boot. A few years ago he wimped out. Flew up to play navigator with a friends B when a group did the ALCAN. I cannot not imagine driving that at all - much less in a heard of MGs.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #2530

Hello Steve,

I hope your travels are going as expected. We are in Ft. Laramie, Wyoming waiting on some repair parts for my tow bar, and will be heading to Colorado as soon as they come in and I can make the repairs. Then it will be on to AZ for a September wedding for my nephew and our 36th wedding anniversary as well.

So something for my fellow mutants to ponder, in an emergency, do you save your coach and risk breaking your tow bar or do risk your MH to save your tow bar ?

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #2531

Which one do you value more? Me, I'd save the MH.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #2532

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post

So something for my fellow mutants to ponder, in an emergency, do you save your coach and risk breaking your tow bar or do risk your MH to save your tow bar ?

Cheers !!!
Let me guess ... you got stopped on a RR track ... traffic was in front ... train was coming ... you had to back up while toad was still hooked ... no time to unhook. Yes?

Other possibility was the RV stalled and you had to use the toad to push or pull it to a safe place. I can't imagine my toad being able to do that though.

I've exhausted my guessing scenarios.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #2533

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well my fellow mutants there's good news and bad news concerning Bonita Bounders trip to Freightliner. The bad news is they couldn't replicate my intermittent low beam on the passengers side. So, I had to go up there today and put their hand on the yellow wire which I had described including location to wiggle it for them. Wiggle wiggle - light out. So after about 30 minutes the guy comes and says we cannot fix it today. It is that wire - and it is the connection but what we are looking at is the backside of the harness connection where it goes through the firewall. We will have to get to it from the inside and we close at noon and are closed on Sunday. (Not a 24/7 FL shop). So Bonita was pulled into a bay and left till Monday.

The good news is - no other issues. Radiator pulled and CAC pulled and cleaned. Flushed and filled. MH 3000 - both filters and Os changed and Transynd filled. Tested and solid. Had brakes and air system inspected, all good. 70 point inspection, oil and filter change, and both fuel filters. Air filter pulled inspected ok. Purchased spare oil filter, both fuel filters and gallon of coolant for spares. Wait for it $1812.23. Ouch - but good to go. Can't wait to see what the light fix will run.
RVM2. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-39453752.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	582.1 KB
ID:	44319
Old 08-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #2534

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Now you will be good to go, when the blinking light gets fixed. And the peace of mind knowing it all checked out is priceless.
We are busy with the constant mutating of the Infinity, put in a new spice rack, this weekend. Also working on a way to secure the TV in the bedroom so don't have to lay it on bed every time we move.

JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote