Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2013, 05:09 AM   #2563
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post

RVM36 here ... and signed up for the rally. I'll be working on a windshield sign for La Bella Rigatoni. (She could have been christened La Bella Toscana, as she is a Tuscany.) Lights (rope or not) maybe, but no sabers on board. Hey! A duel with rope lights?

"A curiosity by any other name is simply not... Or, maybe it is... Ponder at will."

As IOCN for this thread (Instigator Of Curiosities, Nonelected), I hereby declare and decree that there shall be at least one Curiosity happening at the forthcoming iRV2 rally. A minimum of 2 members shall be present. Maximum unlimited. Notes or minutes shall not be taken or kept. Ya gotta be there!

Who else is in? Does this make us the in crowd?

Cheers!

Sue
Sue, you are certainly a highly qualified IOCN, and are certain to represent RVMdom in fine style.

Wishing we could join the Curiosity in Amana! A bit jealous, we will be. We all look forward to reports and pics (and not just of rope lights). Perhaps many new Ponderances will result?

Dave

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #2564
RVM1

New Brunswick has lovely sights.

And Kiwanis Oceanfront Camping is top notch. http://www.kiwanisoceanfrontcamping.com/

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1745012781.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	749.9 KB
ID:	44406
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-862672485.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	640.0 KB
ID:	44402   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1323264952.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	691.3 KB
ID:	44403  

Name:	image-627380295.jpg
Size:	485.7 KB
ID:	44404   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4069261396.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	428.0 KB
ID:	44405  

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:54 AM   #2565

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
Are any RVMs going to the IRV2 rally in Amana next month. I don't want to be a lone mutant. You need two light sabers for the desired visual affect...
Might make it if they are still there in late October. Likely the rally crowd won't miss me though because I don't socialize easily with normal people. I'm saving my social skills for the first "Obtuse Curiosity of the Mutant".
Old 08-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #2566

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
New Brunswick has lovely sights.

And Kiwanis Oceanfront Camping is top notch. Oceanfront Camping Campground - St. Andrews New Brunswick Canada - all facilities

Attachment 44406
I meant to comment on the first set of pics, but was so excited to achieve 3 campfires, I neglected to speak up with the duly earned praise. I love seeing the pics of other's journeys. And your pictures are beautiful, thank you for posting.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #2567
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
One of the horrible things about living in Colorado: We just found out how much our tags are for the 5er. This year, it is $1105. The truck cost us just under $700 this time. And you know that is just for 1 year. Crazy, huh?
OUCH!

I just renewed my SD tags and the total for both including the fee that my mail forwading company charged to manage the whole mess and mail them to me ... $276 for both the MH and toad.

Of course my vehicles are probably smaller than yours, so the comparison is a little off. Being able to choose what state to register them in is SOOOO sweet. Colorado really stuck it to you.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #2568
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
So something for my fellow mutants to ponder, in an emergency, do you save your coach and risk breaking your tow bar or do risk your MH to save your tow bar ?
Since the MH contains 98% of my worldly possessions I would say to h_ll with the tow bar. I'd save my home.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #2569

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky

Since the MH contains 98% of my worldly possessions I would say to h_ll with the tow bar. I'd save my home.
X 2 hierarchy of needs. Need roof over head!! What was the question again?

Hi Barb!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #2570
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Humph ... we peons using iPads don't get campfires.
I only use my iPad and have a string of campfires! Are you using the app or the full site? I tried the app but quickly switched back to the full site -- it's like you get a steak with the app, but the seasoning and baked potato are left off the plate. YUCK!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #2571
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
I use both full site and app on my iPad. I find pictures load correctly on the app. Full site, they are always sideways or something. I do most of my irv2 reading, subsequent thank you's and posting through the full site.

Like you Steve, I haven't found the thank you button on the app.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #2572
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Cross Country Trek Time

Hi back at you to Steve.

My apologies for the multiple catch up comments. I've been busy preparing to leave Seattle, heading back to the Columbia River on Friday. We'll be there 3-5 weeks depending on the weather. I need to be in Montana on or before the first week of October and Florida (SE of Tampa) by the end of October. Soon we will be starting our bi-annual cross country trek.

My fur kids know something is up. They despise change and are doing everything possible to slow down my progress. These are the days when I envy those of you with, uh, how should I put it? ....Those of you who have less active mascots.

My plan is to first come back to Seattle to pick up some stuff stored at my daughter's place. I'll take I-90 east out of Seattle and head to a friend's place near Billings, MT.

My route from there is flexible, but in a generally SE direction. I have friends and family in KS, OK and TX that I try to fit in, but they'll understand if I skip them until the Spring trek back north. Should there be any mutants somewhere along the way that are up for a quick curiosity, send me a PM with your location and contact info.

I look forward to this necessary journey with both excitement and dread. At timed I wish we had Star Trek type transporter technology to just get me there, but I would mourn the journey and all of the wonderful people we'll me along the way.

Sena is a people magnet. When I stop to get gas, she will venture out onto the hood of the MH to greet strangers. Escaping is not a concern. She wants to keep me within sight and survey the surroundings, often entertaining the other patrons.

I am blessed to have such a wonderful companion as Sena. But... it's like living with a perpetual 2 year old. At times I want to strangle her and her partner in crime, Lily.

I'm not a dog person. Lily is Sena's dog. When we first went full-time Sena was very uneasy. I finally figured out that she was under emotional distress due to her bottom of the hierarchy status. So we imported 8 week old Lily, the younger sister of the only other dog she has ever tolerated, and Sena settled down and accepted our new lifestyle.

Lily flew from OK to Seattle and accepts her role as scapegoat graciously, mainly because Sena frequently drops food where Lily can reach it. When I scold Sena, she will in turn scold Lily. Nothing is ever Sena's fault. Lily just ignores Sena's tirades looking for the next tidbit to fall from Sena's hand.

They are both still asleep this morning -- curled up at my hips. Sena on the left, Lily on the right. This is the time of day I cherish. I move only those muscles needed to type in hopes that the peace and quiet will continue as long as possible.

Good morning mutants! I send you all a virtual breakfast of nourishment and best wishes for a marvelous Monday. Can you smell the bacon cooking?
Old 08-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #2573

Hello Judy, and the rest who have asked,

Well we were in Ft. Laramie looking for a place to park for the night, and as expected I missed my turn simply because there wasnt a sign about telling me of the place we were looking for. Anyway the road which was as empty as could be and plenty wide enough for a turn around suddenly became full, as I was mid turn about. A semi from one direction and a kid from another apparently not concerned about an on coming semi decided to narrowly miss the MH with my front blocked by said kid and her car and the impending arrival of the semi, I put the coach in reverse to avoid the semi, knowing full well that you cannot back up with the toad still attached, but fearing the cost of repairing the MH over the cost of fixing the tow-bar which did in fact snap at the arm head. All that being said, my tow bar guy in Mesa, AZ is shipping the required parts and they should arrive later today, once here I can do the repairs and we will once more be on our way to CO, and then NM and finally to our destination in Camp Verde, AZ where we will be for at least 6 weeks which should be relaxing. Ft. Laramie is an interesting place with lots of history and although there isnt much to do, my DW and I have managed to fill our time easily. So lesson learned I will from this point forward always drive until I find the best place to turn about and not the second best place to turn about.

One thing of positive note is this; all of the safety features built into the tow bar, the emergency break away link and the surge break action of the NSA Ready Brute work as advertised and for that I couldnt be happier.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #2574

Laughs !!!! Hello Barb,

And yes that was my thoughts as well when I was confronted with this particular ponderance, I guess the beaty in this whole occurance is that I was able to slow down and relax as I wait for my needed parts, not that I was going fast mind you, but thats why we gave ourselves a whole month to get where we have to be in time for the upcoming nuptials for my nephew.

Cheers !!!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #2575

Ft Laramie, WY

To my Fellow Mutants,

Just a few pics of Ft. Laramie and my Sunday morning bacon fry on my old
Coleman camp stove, I bought the stove when I was ermmmmm 20 something and was never able to part with it. In fact the fuel that is in the stove now has been waiting for me to use it for the past 15 years since I used the stove last, and it performed exceedingly well, I just had to pump it up some and viola !!!! I had flame.

The pictures from the fort are few but it makes me realize that I am thankful to be living now, and not back then. I dont mind hard work, but for now I'm more inclined to relax and learn about what I missed before I arrived on this planet

Name:	HPIM5844.JPG
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	44413

Name:	HPIM5845.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	44414

Name:	HPIM5846.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	44415

Name:	HPIM5848.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	44416

Name:	HPIM5850.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	44417

Name:	HPIM5851.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	44418

Cheers !!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #2576

Barb, thanks for regaling us w/ your account of life w/ Sena and Lily. I think I will enjoy meeting all 3 of you, but like a grandparent, also prefer not having a perpetual 2yo all the time. You have to love 'em a lot!

PTJeep, I'm glad to finally hear your story too. You made the best decision under the circumstances, and like all good card-carrying mutants, learned from it. Man, it's a good thing you allowed all that extra time!

Cheers!

Sue