Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2014, 05:14 AM   #25789

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning all ye who mutate.

Tom is still in ICU and on a the ventilator. We called late last night and again this morning and spoke to the charge nurse. Apparently they still don't know what's wrong but his carotid arteries appear open and fine and the CT yesterday doesn't reveal anything new.

Apparently some stroke damage can take a day or two to show up. As it is he can't talk due to ventilator but is trying to, which is an improvement over couldn't even make an attempt yesterday morning.

It seems he will not be released from ICU until 24 hours after the ventilator is removed. So basically we know he is stable and doing OK whatever that means when you are in ICU on a ventilator and they don't know what happened to you...

Thanks for your support you grand STMs. We appreciate you.
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2014, 05:22 AM   #25790

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So back to the tasks at hand. My BIL James and I are going to run the smoker and a few other items up to Bonita. We'll run her over to fuel up and get her up on Jacks, the slides out and hooked up. Yesterday we just got her pulled out of storage and into the site.

The plan is to come back and take the beds down and spend the rest of our nights in Bonita. Despite the events with Annies dad, for now, the show must go on....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:37 AM   #25791

Hey Steve & Annie ....

Marcia and I will continue to send ooooooohhhhmmmmssss your way ... calming and healing ones for sure.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:41 AM   #25792

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Slate?
Floozy is a nicer word....if you meant the other... doesn't she stay put? I wondered what would happen if you had to stop quickly. You would now have 2 flying rockies in the Motorhome! ( and no bull...winkles)

Just remember: she can be be bought!

I was pondering the flying object scenario last night, too. There must be some version of a seat belt in place for them. Velcro? A padded room? Oh no, that's for Dave when he gets outta hand, isn't it?

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 11-02-2014, 06:59 AM   #25793
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ommms Request
And Oh Geesh... and Good Grief...

So we got Bonita moved from storage to the RV park without a hitch.

We get back to the casa to pack some more - and find out Annies dad is in the hospital. We aren't sure what the issue is - perhaps a seisure or stroke - he couldn't speak but when asked if he wanted to call an ambulance he shook his head yes.

Annie is a big time daddy's girl. I sure hope dad will be ok. It's never a good time to have a loved one down - but this is especially bad timing for my girl... Ommmms for Tom.

Thanks all.
I haven't been on the forum in a day or two, so just now found out about Annie's dad. Please let her know that we are sending positive Ommmmms to Tom. Also, since Kate is pastor of the United Congregational Church, I asked that she have the folks there say a special prayer for him.

Ommmmms and a big hug for Annie, too. This is a very tough time for her. I relate, because my dad was my hero and the most wonderful, amazing person I've ever known. So, I am with her in spirit and will continue sending positive Ommmmms across the miles to her and her dad.

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:08 AM   #25794
MPH

Dave! A belated Happy Birthday to you!

Did you get plenty of bacon for your birthday?

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:17 AM   #25795

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Good morning all ye who mutate.

Tom is still in ICU and on a the ventilator. We called late last night and again this morning and spoke to the charge nurse. Apparently they still don't know what's wrong but his carotid arteries appear open and fine and the CT yesterday doesn't reveal anything new.

Apparently some stroke damage can take a day or two to show up. As it is he can't talk due to ventilator but is trying to, which is an improvement over couldn't even make an attempt yesterday morning.

It seems he will not be released from ICU until 24 hours after the ventilator is removed. So basically we know he is stable and doing OK whatever that means when you are in ICU on a ventilator and they don't know what happened to you...

Thanks for your support you grand STMs. We appreciate you.
Steve and Annie

Steve, it always sounds worse to keep them in ICU, but that is the best place..... If he is in a room, he will not get monitored as closely... So for now, be glad they are keeping him in ICU.... He is getting better care there......

Actually we are south of Dallas, overnighted at a truck stop..... Today going more south. Tomorrow seeing Wayne and Earlene... JNE, did he talk you into coming over either Mon or Tues night? Larry snoozing again, i am being lazy.... Oh no, i mean retired.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #25796
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jeanie is in stealth mode, she never answered me.

Call when you get into town - might just go visit and take you to an AT&T Store.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:09 AM   #25797

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Slate?
Floozy is a nicer word....if you meant the other... doesn't she stay put? I wondered what would happen if you had to stop quickly. You would now have 2 flying rockies in the Motorhome! ( and no bull...winkles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Just remember: she can be be bought!

I was pondering the flying object scenario last night, too. There must be some version of a seat belt in place for them. Velcro? A padded room? Oh no, that's for Dave when he gets outta hand, isn't it?

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things

Thanks you two STMs! It's good to have help in determining the social stature of a new family member.
Marty, Floozy is more appropriate.
Rocky and Alice are on the main console in the cup holder which keeps them safe from foward velocity, and allows them to effectively purvey their entire realm. They could fly to the rear, but that can only happen when I have Gwen's motor at high rev and punch the nitrous oxide button (which makes Gwen giggle uncontrollably) 😳😈
Their realm extends from the console to the back of the living room. They are barred from the bedroom and MY rubber room and not allowed to touch the stripper pole release button (but Bullwinkle does have permission).😉 But they are allowed about 2 hours of dico ball lighting each evening.
It is such a blessing that they are both genetically similar to school teachers. They never need to use the bathroom!
It us difficult having 2 children again!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #25798

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Dave! A belated Happy Birthday to you!

Did you get plenty of bacon for your birthday?

Mel

Thanks Mel. We had a big day of back-road exploring yesterday. It is sprinkling here today, so I have declared it "Bacon Day".

Hi Kate!
Old 11-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #25799

Tom, sweet Annie, RVMdom is OOOHHMING overtime for you!
Old 11-02-2014, 10:34 AM   #25800

Here ya go guys. My baby got a nice 8 pt with his BOW, yesterday morningClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1414949657.717197.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	961.8 KB
ID:	78083
Old 11-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #25801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Jeanie is in stealth mode, she never answered me.

Call when you get into town - might just go visit and take you to an AT&T Store.

Will do.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #25802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Here ya go guys. My baby got a nice 8 pt with his BOW, yesterday morningAttachment 78083

Om-Nom straight ahead!
Mmmmmm