Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #2577

This is just a test post. Having issues with my post count!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #2578

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I do remember those stoves, in fact I think we have one somewhere. But the bacon looks good enough to smell right through the picture, and I loved all the pictures. So enticing to see others enjoying their time on their journeys.

Makes me ready to go again....right now.

Barb I loved the word pictures you paint of your life with the furry kids. We have our 2 little girldogs who do some crazy things and are entertaining to observe. But nothing like a monkey, I babysat a spider monkey for awhile long ago, so I am familiar with the patience it takes at times, ok, most of the time, to care for such a demanding individual..yes a perpetual 2 year old.

And lastly I need to comment on the tow bar vs motor home, I believe there was no choice you did what had to be done. MH and Semi collision would have no winner! And there ain't nuthin' can't be fixed!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #2579

PRJeep, I had one of those Coleman white-gas stoves that my Dad gave me in 1968. It was old then! And it was wonderful.

okmunky, I must know. Silly question: Is Sena pronounced See-nah or Sen-ah? I had a high school friend with that name. Best wishes for a fine trip!

And Barb, "card carrying RVM" struck a nerve. We need IDs. Maybe will work as passports?

Steve, you must feel good having yer MH all up to snuff. You have less than 12 clicks left on the calendar, pardner!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #2580

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was thinking it was pronounced "She nah"
Old 08-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #2581

Fleetwood Owners Club
Day 6 at S & B and still don't have a plan on attacking that yard! If it would just grow 2 more inces it would be simple, cut and bail!

Man I'm ready to get back on the road!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #2582

Quoting CampDaven, "And Barb, "card carrying RVM" struck a nerve. We need IDs. Maybe will work as passports. " ... That was moi: Sue! But you were thinking of okmunky, who is of course, Barb. I know you knew that.

Yes, IDs of some sort. You think Post-It notes on the forehead won't do the trick? Between this and the T-shirt design, we need a designer, a smarty witty graphic designer. Surely in this magnificent group (did we decide a Curiosity covers the whole collective?), there is at least one. Or someone who knows someone. ???

No designer, me, but I'll ponder on it.

Cheers!

Sue RVM36
Old 08-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #2583

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Well I have RVM2 tattooed on my forehead and thought that was the plan. Doh.

As for the IDs, T-shirts and other concessions - the contract for concessionaire is being drawn up and we're accepting designs for all products including RVM approved rope lights.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #2584

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
^^^

RVM approved rope lights.
Is that a oxymoron?
Old 08-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #2585

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

Is that a oxymoron?
I figgered they'd have burnt out light bubs in 'em.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #2586

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The postal service wanted me to have product liability ins. to sell T-shirts with our zip code on them to our postmaster, for her to give away. We didn't do that due to the restrictions. So if the mutants sell shirts I hope they have ins. LOL.

I don't make T-shirts any longer, but there is someplace called custom ink who makes them, but they are prolly high priced for just a few. And vista print does that also. They most likely have ins, so charge more.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #2587

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
okmunky, I must know. Silly question: Is Sena pronounced See-nah or Sen-ah? I had a high school friend with that name. Best wishes for a fiine trip.
Hi Dave,

Sena's name rhymes with Tina, but I will confess that at times it rhymes with witch -- as in "you little _itch". We occasionally run into a Sina, Cena or Cina, but most are nicknames. My Sena is named in honor of a friend/coworker who was a very gracious and gentle lady. I had hoped that the personality would follow the name. And to some extent it did. Ovarian cancer took my friend way too soon.

Sena and Lily conspire to keep me but for a monkey, she is really well behaved. She has all her teeth except for the ugly and potentially dangerous canines. We settled the use of monkey teeth when she was very young, and she has never broken human skin. She did bite a capuchin companion once, but from her reaction, I know he committed a most horrific crime against her.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #2588

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
The postal service wanted me to have product liability ins. to sell T-shirts with our zip code on them to our postmaster, for her to give away. We didn't do that due to the restrictions. So if the mutants sell shirts I hope they have ins. LOL.

I don't make T-shirts any longer, but there is someplace called custom ink who makes them, but they are prolly high priced for just a few. And vista print does that also. They most likely have ins, so charge more.
Curious as to what danger a T-shirt might pose that is so risky thus needing to be covered by insurance. Possibly fatal shrinking while being worn?

Also, I know a fellow who does silk screening for large runs on custom T-shirts, and ball caps. Last I heard, he was still a part-time RVer too.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #2589

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
Are any RVMs going to the IRV2 rally in Amana next month. I don't want to be a lone mutant. You need two light sabers for the desired visual affect...
We won't be able to make it, but may the force be with you!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #2590
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Curious as to what danger a T-shirt might pose that is so risky thus needing to be covered by insurance. Possibly fatal shrinking while being worn?.........
Please try to find the tee shirt that will not shrink when hung in a dark closet. I hang my clothes in a closet, turn the light off and shut the closet door and they shrink every time. Sheesh!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote