Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2014, 07:55 AM   #25985

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
Good times were had....very gracious hosts...still cannot understand why Wayne doesn't have many friends, other then Earlene's friends...Wayne even stopped by to say hello to one of his 'friends' in the campground we are staying at, and they wouldn't come to the door....go figure.

Again, thanks for all you did & showed us, very much appreciated & good memories.

Ok ok I had a fantastick time.... Loved seeing everything, Galveston, Texas City, your home, the Apple Store, Kemah, Loved the company... Loved the cake, (E froze some to save.. Too much for now, hope it saves, but even the crumbs are finger sucking good....) hate to leave, hugs to Miya.....

The friend of Waynes claimed him before he knew they were here..... Lol before i even said his last name.... I met her on RVillage before we got to the rv park.....

Steve and Annie.... On to the wheeled beds... Good rolling.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #25986
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
Wish I had made this MidiC! Would there have been a shot at seeing "The Wrain Tree"?
Now listen here lady, you and Dave (especially Dave) can come see us anytime we are home. I say anytime we are home 'cause I don't want you to make the 100 mile trip and us not be here. We'll even give you the spare bedroom, the one the dog sleeps in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
Good times were had....very gracious hosts...still cannot understand why Wayne doesn't have many friends, other then Earlene's friends...Wayne even stopped by to say hello to one of his 'friends' in the campground we are staying at, and they wouldn't come to the door....go figure.

Again, thanks for all you did & showed us, very much appreciated & good memories.
See below....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Probably weren't his friends. Just had a rig that looked like that one... his memory and discretion aren't what they once were. If it weren't for Earlene I don't think Miya would come to him...

Hi your roundness!
That won't work. Miya goes to everyone.

See below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Ok ok I had a fantastick time.... Loved seeing everything, Galveston, Texas City, your home, the Apple Store, Kemah, Loved the company... Loved the cake, (E froze some to save.. Too much for now, hope it saves, but even the crumbs are finger sucking good....) hate to leave, hugs to Miya.....

The friend of Waynes claimed him before he knew they were here..... Lol before i even said his last name.... I met her on RVillage before we got to the rv park.....

Steve and Annie.... On to the wheeled beds... Good rolling.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
(This is below - for you simple minded people)...
See bold part above.
See bold part above. See bold part above. See bold part above. See bold part above.

Did you get the message!!!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #25987

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Movers should be here in 5 - 65 minutes... and then the real work begins. And of course it's raining...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #25988

Quote:
Movers should be here in 5 - 65 minutes... and then the real work begins. And of course it's raining...

Heaven only knows when Steve will be reading again, but I had to laugh about the rain. When we moved in from England it was snowing. The guys had a whole shipping container to schlepp in. Down a ramp 😱 , across some frozen grass and up 3 steps to get inside.

Sorry for laughing, but it's called Sod's Law. Nobody is exempt.

Big step, this movin' lark, especially the Going Fulltime one. Hectic and stressful at the same time as it's exciting and joyful. The rainbow beckons ( like Bali Hai!)
Old 11-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #25989

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi Sue - Hi everybody!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1415206262300.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	78279  
Old 11-05-2014, 09:53 AM   #25990

Florida update

Thought I would try to post as there is good wifi in our campground.

We spent 2 days in St. Augustine and loved it! So much to see and do, could not fit it all in. Regarding campgrounds there.

Ocean Grove on Anastasia Island was our fave. Quite well treed, directly on the Intracoastal with water access and across the street from the beach. Also rents park models.

Beverly Beach further south has sites directly on the beach if you want beach in front of you, or across A1A.

Bryn Mawr is also on the beach side of A1A, more permanent park models there, but does have transients.

We explored down as far as Ormond Beach. Daytona is just a bit further. I already knew Daytona because my parents used to winter there.

Currently we are at Seminole Campground in North Ft. Myers. It is gorgeous, set in a grove of live oaks draped with spanish moss. If I were able to spend all the winter months this would be a great spot. We are in a rented trailer. However, we don't like this area as well as St. Augustine, despite the gorgeous beaches on Sanibel and Ft. Myers Beach. Beaches are about an hour away and the whole area is so built up it is really city living, not our cup of tea. The only campground on Sanibel does not take dogs and anything closer to the beach seems really crowded/on a busy road/no shade etc. We looked at a few, Woodsmoke, Upriver RV Resort, Swan Lake, Red Coconut, KOA Pine Island, San Carlos.

We drove south as far as Naples and popped into the KOA that Sue and Martin call home in the winter. Very pretty area!

On Saturday we will be leaving for Cedar Key further north, which I know won't be busy/built up! The question is whether it will be too quiet.

Right now St. Augustine is the winner for its gorgeous historic architecture, manageable size, laid back vibe, seafood, things to do and proximity to both intracoastal and ocean waters. We want to go back already!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #25991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Just 'cause Diane said to do it:
(Live Oak) the Sun was just over the tree top - so a little glare.
I could not get back far enough to get the whole tree in. It was planted by the previous owner in 1964. I told Earlene that if I cut it down I could park the MH in the back yard. There were some words to the affect that there would be some cutting alright, but it wouldn't be the tree.
My current obsession is live oak trees. We are staying in a grove at Seminole Campground. I keep trying to get good pix, but nothing is to my satisfaction. There was a nature preserve near Ormond Beach on the Ormond Beach Scenic Loop that we drove through. A very narrow 2-lane road with a live oak canopy and the other palms and vegetation so close to the road one could not pull over to stop. It was Jurassic looking, a dinosaur could have popped out at any moment, lol. This is part of the campground. (Taken with my I-pad, no matter what rotation I save the pix as, it won't display right way round! )
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	508.6 KB
ID:	78285  
Old 11-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #25992

Nice looking oak trees Wayne, we have 35 in our front yard blue and black oak, with one live oak. bTW did RVM25 come back to the fold Denise.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #25993

Sorry that was Ted and tina
Old 11-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #25994

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
My current obsession is live oak trees. We are staying in a grove at Seminole Campground. I keep trying to get good pix, but nothing is to my satisfaction. There was a nature preserve near Ormond Beach on the Ormond Beach Scenic Loop that we drove through. A very narrow 2-lane road with a live oak canopy and the other palms and vegetation so close to the road one could not pull over to stop. It was Jurassic looking, a dinosaur could have popped out at any moment, lol. This is part of the campground. (Taken with my I-pad, no matter what rotation I save the pix as, it won't display right way round! )
Hey, I thought you were in Florida but your picture implies Australia. Que Passa?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #25995

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Going to miss my favorite chair and never got Audrey matted and framed. Well they will both be there when and if we're ready for them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1415209095634.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	78288   Click image for larger version

Name:	1415209115641.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	78289  

Old 11-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #25996

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Thanks, Dave. High five, fellow Scorpio!
DH, Ted, is also a Scorpio and his birthday was last Monday. We celebrated with a tour of the J. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge on Sanibel Island, lunch at The Island Cow and then a water cruise in the refuge. Finished up with a visitation of the Sanibel beaches. Not a bad way to spend his 66th!
Old 11-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #25997

Thank you Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1415209173.162662.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	955.9 KB
ID:	78290

This was at Earlene's request

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1415209220.251735.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	887.5 KB
ID:	78291

And for meClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1415209258.068976.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	839.9 KB
ID:	78293

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #25998

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Hi Sue - Hi everybody!
Empty trailer??? I thought you were movin' today??
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote