Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-05-2014, 07:08 PM   #26027
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 8,027
How is it possible to loose something a big as a motorhome? Very easy in a big city, in the dark, when it's raining cats and dogs and the location you thought would be saved in your iPad wasn't. Oh, and it also helps if you mistake an I-410 overpass for an I-10 overpass and they both cross Calligan Rd, just a mile apart.

Always the bargain hunter, I rolled into San Antonio this afternoon and located a grocery store that sells the bread I'm addicted to and it was on the I-10 service Rd at Calligan Rd. Easy, Peazy! Then I checked gas buddy and found the cheapest gas in San Antonio is 3 miles west, so I go there for 53 gallons, saving 29 cents/gallon. My old iPad shows me how to get back to I-10, but I see Calligan Rd and think I know where I'm going.

Next stop is the place that will replace the glass in my iPad for $90, but it's 15 miles out of the way so I left the MoHo in the back parking lot of Red Lobster that I think is at I-10 and Calligan road and take Smarty.

Then I switch on the iPad and it shows me how to find the Fix-it shop and off we go. Because I am thinking that I'm where I-10 and I-410 cross and I'm taking I-410 anyway, it doesn't dawn on me that I didn't start out on I-10.

So, when I get back off I-410 at I-10 there's no Red Lobster. And since I programmed the iPad to take me from "current location" to the Fix-it shop, the address of where I started is not in the iPad.

Ok, let's not panic. How many Red Lobsters are there in San Antonio? SIX! It's dark, cold, raining like ... I can't say it here, but you know what I mean.

Finally, I zoomed in on Calligan Rd and with the Red Lobster location map FINALLY found the one just off Calligan Rd, but it was facing I-410 not I-10.

Why is it that life lessons continue to come at us with HUGE speed bumps? You'd think by now they'd be just a tad easier.

And it's STILL raining like a ... But we are safe at home. I hate big cities!
__________________

__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F, 2012 Smart Car toad, 372 watt solar FMCA #F466348
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 - no end in sight
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #26028
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 8,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Getting dish pointed - I hope... always takes me a bit to remember the seqience...
If it's raining as hard up there as it is down here, Dish might not work tonight. Texas is going to float away if this keeps up!
__________________

__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F, 2012 Smart Car toad, 372 watt solar FMCA #F466348
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 - no end in sight
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #26029
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
How is it possible to loose something a big as a motorhome? Very easy in a big city, in the dark, when it's raining cats and dogs and the location you thought would be saved in your iPad wasn't. Oh, and it also helps if you mistake an I-410 overpass for an I-10 overpass and they both cross Calligan Rd, just a mile apart.

Always the bargain hunter, I rolled into San Antonio this afternoon and located a grocery store that sells the bread I'm addicted to and it was on the I-10 service Rd at Calligan Rd. Easy, Peazy! Then I checked gas buddy and found the cheapest gas in San Antonio is 3 miles west, so I go there for 53 gallons, saving 29 cents/gallon. My old iPad shows me how to get back to I-10, but I see Calligan Rd and think I know where I'm going.

Next stop is the place that will replace the glass in my iPad for $90, but it's 15 miles out of the way so I left the MoHo in the back parking lot of Red Lobster that I think is at I-10 and Calligan road and take Smarty.

Then I switch on the iPad and it shows me how to find the Fix-it shop and off we go. Because I am thinking that I'm where I-10 and I-410 cross and I'm taking I-410 anyway, it doesn't dawn on me that I didn't start out on I-10.

So, when I get back off I-410 at I-10 there's no Red Lobster. And since I programmed the iPad to take me from "current location" to the Fix-it shop, the address of where I started is not in the iPad.

Ok, let's not panic. How many Red Lobsters are there in San Antonio? SIX! It's dark, cold, raining like ... I can't say it here, but you know what I mean.

Finally, I zoomed in on Calligan Rd and with the Red Lobster location map FINALLY found the one just off Calligan Rd, but it was facing I-410 not I-10.

Why is it that life lessons continue to come at us with HUGE speed bumps? You'd think by now they'd be just a tad easier.

And it's STILL raining like a ... But we are safe at home. I hate big cities!

OMG.... That sounds like something i woukd do...... You gotta cut and paste that to the Rvillage "the village idiot"
raining in Kingsville, too.... All over Texas?

So what was the price per gallon that you drove all over SA for....... Which is not an easy city to navigate, and ESPECIALLY in the dark.....

So glad you are home...



Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #26030
Senior Member
 
zeelarry's Avatar
 
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
....
Getting dish pointed - I hope... always takes me a bit to remember the seqience...
Steve, sorry, I wasn't thinking! I didn't think about you not having a fully automatic dish.... Before we got the fully automatic dish, we downloaded free apps from iTunes. In fact, Diane might still have them on her iPhone. Should I ask her to send you the names of the apps? It sure made it easy setting up & pointing the dish....it shows you on the iPhone's screen exactly where it needs to be pointed, along with azimuth & elevation settings.
__________________
Larry [US Army-Ret/Department of the Army Civilian-Ret/DAV];with Diane [Teacher-Ret]; 'Litabit' & 'QTπ' [Westies]; 2016 Berkshire XL 40RB/380 Turbo Diesel - 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Life is GOOD
zeelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #26031
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 8,027
Di, I paid $2.69 for unleaded and luckily it was still daylight, but raining. We're starting to get water-logged! Poor Smarty, especially!

See Ya in Rockport!
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F, 2012 Smart Car toad, 372 watt solar FMCA #F466348
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 - no end in sight
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #26032
Senior Member
 
chuckinthebus's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Apparently easier said than done... every time.
Try Satellite Finder / Dish Alignment Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com
__________________
Chuck, Sara (RVM 50.5) & Chopper (the fuzzy 1)
2003 DSDP w/2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2 Kayaks & 2 bikes. Living and Loving life.
RVM50
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #26033
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Mine is automatic... lol. It finds em... and once they sent me a signal we were in business. The local Minehaha - Sioux Falls KELO Country Channels are there on the menu display but still not coming in - that's some 20 minutes... lol. I will say my once Millenicom now Verizon is zipping along.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #26034
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Mine is automatic... lol. It finds em... and once they sent me a signal we were in business. The local Minehaha - Sioux Falls KELO Country Channels are there on the menu display but still not coming in - that's some 20 minutes... lol. I will say my once Millenicom now Verizon is zipping along.
Steve do you have the KVH unit on roof?
Was it already programmed for Dish?
If not who did you get to program it?

Seems this is something no one around these parts want to mess with!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:58 PM   #26035
Senior Member
 
Badlands's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: What day
Posts: 316
Not to change the the smoke color from red to brown, does anyone have a composting toilet in there RV.
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:00 PM   #26036
Senior Member
 
Badlands's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: What day
Posts: 316
Where is Catherine's Landing.
__________________
Judy and Kerry, with Yorkie Babies Tweety, Jessi James, Wyatt Earp, Isabella. Boyz and there toys Angel Baby 2009 HD Road King, with Dyna 2008 HD Screaming Eagle. US Army Ret X2.::2015 37ls Outlaw, RVM97
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #26037
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
Where is Catherine's Landing.
Hot Springs, Arkansas! Really a great place for our rally whoops sorry, for our curosity, or Grand Curosity!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #26038
Senior Member
 
timarti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Astorville, Ontario
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
Where is Catherine's Landing.
Arkansas!
__________________
2012 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab 5.0 V8 with max tow package
Andersen WD hitch with sway control
Rockwood Ultralite 2304s
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:08 PM   #26039
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Steve do you have the KVH unit on roof?
Was it already programmed for Dish?
If not who did you get to program it?

Seems this is something no one around these parts want to mess with!
I had La Mesa RV run the cable and install a Winegard Roadtrip Mission Stationary - on roof when I bought her. I bought the 2 211Ks and hooked em up.

I have an issue with the box in the bedroom that Dish tells me can be fixed by taking it dealer with a fixed satellite. The software just doesn't want to load up all the way. I get all three satellites - 110 119 129 * or whatever * but I have to manually change between them. Still - I have to call when we move and get a signal sent to get the SD local channels.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #26040
Senior Member
 
MartySQ's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,318
NO composting terlet here....
__________________

__________________
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute or a yellow Jeep Wrangler.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.