Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #26265

Solo Rvers Club
Afternoon Muties.

Headed outside to batton down the hatches before....all the fun begins.

Enjoy the day!!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #26266

Vintage RV Owners Club
Badlands... if you have duallys, and you plan of filling them yourselves... you will probably at least need extenders on the inside ones. they can be buggers to reach.
I don't know the rest of the answers to your questions. However... I am sure the boys with the on board compressors vs. those who tote a compressor will be out here with their rulers soon...LOL!

edited.... oh wait, wait... not rulers... pressure gauges... yeah... pressure gauges...comparing who has the biggest!
Old 11-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #26267

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
You came here looking for answers???
Well push a round, some times yes, since most are so Much more experienced then we are to the RV world. And also to meet some nice people in the Rv community. So, does that offend. Judy BD1
Old 11-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #26268

Vintage RV Owners Club
LOL... no #74 is just laughing at you.... but big brothers on here are really helpful! ( when you can get them to be serious for a few minutes...)
Old 11-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #26269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
Well push a round, some times yes, since most are so Much more experienced then we are to the RV world. And also to meet some nice people in the Rv community. So, does that offend. Judy BD1

Nah, does not offend. Mutants tend to yank each others' chains in fun. And in the process, you'll get some answers. Nice ones, of course! 😉

Glad you're here! Enjoy the funnin' and craziness and, yes, even idiocy. We're especially good at that!

Cheers!
Sue (RVM 36)
Old 11-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #26270

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Dont't know if I ask this question yet, does any mutes use dually valve and or tire valve extenders. Also, will 135 psi air compressor work or will we need to get a 150 psi compressor. Because our coach will not have a compressor on from factory.

Hey!
135 psi will do it, but much more slowly; possibly extremely so!
The porter cable 150 psi with the 6 gallon tank that was recommended will do the job much better due to the higher air volume and quicker pressure recovery time. I had a 130 psi that I gave away to a fellow with a class C when I bought my Monaco.
I use extenders in the duallies and also have a TST TPMS with 12 sensors (8 on MH, 4 on toad).
http://www.portercable.com/Products/...roductID=23620
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #26271

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:

My bad, I was referring specifically to the mutant thread. Most come here to get more questions to ponder (or mull over).

Now iRV2 in general, some great people with a lot of knowledge and first-hand experience.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #26272
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
It's Sunday!

I just spent 2 days catching up on 200 posts.

I definitely can't keep up to you retired guys!
I gave up trying to keep up; I usually just go to the last page and see whazzup today. I'm sure I miss a few mini-dramas.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #26273

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I gave up trying to keep up; I usually just go to the last page and see whazzup today. I'm sure I miss a few mini-dramas.

Well you do miss some bacon, weather, Catherines Landing, RVM2 Rainbow Ride Launch and my Kimono updates, but otherwise you are okay, Sarah. You don't think I try to keep up, do ya? Nononono!
Old 11-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #26274

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'll have you know I have read every one of the 26,277 relplies posted to this thread. It gets hard some days if I'm driving and can only read first thing in the morning and after the day is over, but I do read them all. It's best to read 3 times daily if you can, then it just takes a minute or two to ketchup.

And I will report it was a BE-U-TI-ful day in Rockport. Sunny, light winds, high in th mid 70s. We took Lily to the dog park. She stepped on a grass bur for the first time, but was so busy being social she waited a full 5 minutes before she would come over and let me pull it out. Who needs 4 legs to walk on, anyway? Three work perfectly fine when you're busy.

I then spent 30 minutes looking for and pulling up grass bur plants, but only found 2. I'm sure last week's rain will have a fresh crop germinating soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #26275

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hey!
135 psi will do it, but much more slowly; possibly extremely so!
The porter cable 150 psi with the 6 gallon tank that was recommended will do the job much better due to the higher air volume and quicker pressure recovery time. I had a 130 psi that I gave away to a fellow with a class C when I bought my Monaco.
I use extenders in the duallies and also have a TST TPMS with 12 sensors (8 on MH, 4 on toad).
Porter Cable Product Details for 150 psi, 6 gal Oil-Free Pancake Compressor - Model # C2002-WK
Thank you, RV1 for the info, we are in the process of purchasing all what we will need for the coach, so when we pick up The Phoenix will be ready to fly.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #26276

Quote:
Thank you, RV1 for the info, we are in the process of purchasing all what we will need for the coach, so when we pick up The Phoenix will be ready to fly.

"The Phoenix". Nice coach name!
Old 11-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #26277

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I'll have you know I have read every one of the 26,277 relplies posted to this thread. It gets hard some days if I'm driving and can only read first thing in the morning and after the day is over, but I do read them all. It's best to read 3 times daily if you can, then it just takes a minute or two to ketchup.

And I will report it was a BE-U-TI-ful day in Rockport. Sunny, light winds, high in th mid 70s. We took Lily to the dog park. She stepped on a grass bur for the first time, but was so busy being social she waited a full 5 minutes before she would come over and let me pull it out. Who needs 4 legs to walk on, anyway? Three work perfectly fine when you're busy.

I then spent 30 minutes looking for and pulling up grass bur plants, but only found 2. I'm sure last week's rain will have a fresh crop germinating soon.

Hey Barb!
Hugs to you and Lily and Sena.
Lily is a social "animal".
Were the stickers goatheads? They are all over the park across from us.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #26278

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

You too?

I thought I was the only one demented enough to read all these posts word for word.

We should get some sort of reward or sumpin
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote