Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2014, 08:34 PM   #26307

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Which... we are a part of and have valuable info to share as well as things to ponder!
We are indeed full of information and questions and ponders and musings and mullings and some may even be full of it from time to time.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #26308

Vintage RV Owners Club
no... no... Marty... zip it... keep it tightly closed,... no smart a$$ comments... nope, nope, nope!
Oh... but I so want to! Can't wait to see ya'll Saturday and I can let the comments fly!
Old 11-09-2014, 09:10 PM   #26309

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
no... no... Marty... zip it... keep it tightly closed,... no smart a$$ comments... nope, nope, nope!
Oh... but I so want to! Can't wait to see ya'll Saturday and I can let the comments fly!
That makes at least two of us... and I have said it before - I am so glad you two - and let's see if my tired Ole memory is working - Bess the wonder dog will be there...
And Bob will also it fly... weather permitting of course...
Old 11-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #26310
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
Dont't know if I ask this question yet, does any mutes use dually valve and or tire valve extenders. Also, will 135 psi air compressor work or will we need to get a 150 psi compressor. Because our coach will not have a compressor on from factory.
You are not getting a diesel pusher with air brakes?

Here's my story and I'm sticking to it: I have a 6 gallon 150 psi compressor. I tried using it for my 110 psi tires but it was so darn slow. I had to let the tank build up to the 150 psi, then put the chuck on the valve stem and "bump" the air into the tire. Then back off and repeat the process. It took forever for me to get 4 to 6 pounds of air in the tire.

So, since the 150 psi, 6 gallon compressor would not keep up with the volume I decided to try the on-board compressor that is used to provide a 125 psi braking system. I don't know of any MH with air brakes that does not have a fitting for a tow truck to hook up to and release the air brakes. That is the same fitting used to inflate my tires. I can put a 1 psi of air in my tire in about 30 to 45 seconds. So much faster than the 150 psi 6 gallon tank.

My story, and I'm sticking to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
You too?

I thought I was the only one demented enough to read all these posts word for word.

We should get some sort of reward or sumpin
Me 3 or 4. I read every post. I have since post 1. First thing in the morning I catch up, then in the evening around 10 p.m. I catch up again. Sometimes I catch up during the day. Just ask Earlene....no never mind, don't ask her, she'll lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
That makes at least two of us... and I have said it before - I am so glad you two - and let's see if my tired Ole memory is working - Bess the wonder dog will be there...
And Bob will also it fly... weather permitting of course...
Only from the house computer or the laptop when on the road. Phones and ipads are to small for me to bother with.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:46 PM   #26311

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hey Barb!
Hugs to you and Lily and Sena.
Lily is a social "animal".
Were the stickers goatheads? They are all over the park across from us.
Didn't see any goat heads and could only find 2 grass bur plants that I dug up root and all in the small dog park. It's twice the size of the one in Phoenix. I went looking for her poop, but couldn't find it. While I was searching I found and elimated those evil things. This is the 2nd best dog park we've been to after Yuma AZ

Lily is definitely my social butterfly. Sena never left my shirt. When the little dog side of the park got empty we went over to play with the big guys. You should have seen her trying to sniff a Great Dane back side. She went over to the dog, looked up and then looked back at me as if to say, "Now how do I do this one?"

Rockport is a very progressive little town. There were plaques everywhere showing that individuals and businesses had contributed $ to build a fence section. It would be easy to become a Winter Texan here, but I think I'm allergic lto something that was in the air today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #26312

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne - I'm pretty sure they will have a 6.8L Triton*V10 gasser..

So no air brakes methinks.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #26313

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Didn't see any goat heads and could only find 2 grass bur plants that I dug up root and all in the small dog park. It's twice the size of the one in Phoenix. I went looking for her poop, but couldn't find it. While I was searching I found and elimated those evil things. This is the 2nd best dog park we've been to after Yuma AZ

Lily is definitely my social butterfly. Sena never left my shirt. When the little dog side of the park got empty we went over to play with the big guys. You should have seen her trying to sniff a Great Dane back side. She went over to the dog, looked up and then looked back at me as if to say, "Now how do I do this one?"

Rockport is a very progressive little town. There were plaques everywhere showing that individuals and businesses had contributed $ to build a fence section. It would be easy to become a Winter Texan here, but I think I'm allergic lto something that was in the air today.
Or maybe it was just the lack of AirdZona dust in the air, and you were having trouble breathing clean gulf coast air.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:57 PM   #26314

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne - a few more quote / replies like the one below and they'll be sending the men with nets your way...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1415595440400.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	78604  
Old 11-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #26315

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
Barb, we call them goat heads here, boy do they hurt. Stepped on a few my self.
Judy, I grew up in Texas. There are both goat heads and grass burs as well as rattlesnakes, fire ants, horny toads and coyotes here. One RV park I looked at had signs up warning of alligatos in the pond.

This link will show you what I'm taking about

https://www.google.com/?client=safar...tm%3B260%3B390

The stalks with the stickers on them stand up 10-12" and will catch on your socks, shoe laces ant pants. They are often worse than goat heads. If you try to control them by mowing, they'll lay the stickers flat on the ground.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #26316
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Wayne - a few more quote / replies like the one below and they'll be sending the men with nets your way...
Go ahead and send them. I can take care of myself. They have been after me before. Must be a conspiracy.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #26317

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Before you go, hook up with me.
DAVE!!! Does approve of your philandering?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-09-2014, 10:10 PM   #26318

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
But I kind a like the music. Wait - or was it Spain?
depends, was it raining?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:15 PM   #26319

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Evenin Muteys!

Geesh we step away for a couple of days and it takes me an hour to ketchup. Like many of you I read every post cause I don't want to miss anything! Anyway, like Steve said earlier Dave I just checked the message box but nothin there so I dunno why it would say full. Anywho, we've spent the weekend watching our twin GD's playin in an exhibition tourney for college scouts. Good news already! Arkansas, Texas Tech and McNeese State have them on their 2018 boards. McNeese called their dad (our Son) this evening and told him they were their top two hopefuls for 2018 class and would be making a scholarship offer right after Christmas. Not bad for a couple of Freshman but then we are obviously biased.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:22 PM   #26320

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Evenin Muteys!

Geesh we step away for a couple of days and it takes me an hour to ketchup. Like many of you I read every post cause I don't want to miss anything! Anyway, like Steve said earlier Dave I just checked the message box but nothin there so I dunno why it would say full. Anywho, we've spent the weekend watching our twin GD's playin in an exhibition tourney for college scouts. Good news already! Arkansas, Texas Tech and McNeese State have them on their 2018 boards. McNeese called their dad (our Son) this evening and told him they were their top two hopefuls for 2018 class and would be making a scholarship offer right after Christmas. Not bad for a couple of Freshman but then we are obviously biased.
oh wow! tell them congrats from the rest of the mutey world!