Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #26321

You are correct Steve a gasser ford V10.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #26322

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Will do Marty we are pretty proud. Of course it's early in the game so hopefully there will be more to follow. They have played in college showcases the last four weekends so many have seen them. I guess the $4000 my son and DIL spent on their college co-ordinators services is paying off. Barb and I thought they were nuts at the time but I guess it's the way it's done these days if you want to get colleges out to look at your kid at these showcases. Guess it will turn out to be a cheap education for twins when they get a full ride scholarship.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #26323

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
oh wow! tell them congrats from the rest of the mutey world!
X98 mutants on the rainbow!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #26324

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Judy, I grew up in Texas. There are both goat heads and grass burs as well as rattlesnakes, fire ants, horny toads and coyotes here. One RV park I looked at had signs up warning of alligatos in the pond.

This link will show you what I'm taking about

https://www.google.com/?client=safar...tm%3B260%3B390

The stalks with the stickers on them stand up 10-12" and will catch on your socks, shoe laces ant pants. They are often worse than goat heads. If you try to control them by mowing, they'll lay the stickers flat on the ground.
I really hate those plants. And rattlesnake, in the spring I was standing near our retaining wall and one was curled up about two inches from my foot, you should of seen it, I cleared that retaining wall so fast I could have been in the Olympic. We also have coyotes, scorpions. I have stung twice by scorpions, so I think we live in the Badlands of Ča.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #26325

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
oh wow! tell them congrats from the rest of the mutey world!
X 2 on that Herb.

I must be 4 or 5 on the "read every post" list. Wouldn't want to miss all that "wisdom" here....
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:43 PM   #26326

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
depends, was it raining?
Not sure if'n he can answer that....already so busy that he's havin' problems decidin' if he's afoot or horseback.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #26327

Barb, those plants look like a exploding stars.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:50 PM   #26328
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Dave is right.. the sooner we get a final or near final count of 26 I believe - we get a (help me Herb) 17.5 or 18.5% discount?

And - I am so glad you're going to make it to GC@CL Redux 1.2 - Spring into Mutation. Can't wait to finally meet you and DH. So if you're reading - how are the retirement plans coming along.

I officially retired 10/17 but it doesn't feel like it just yet. We have worked harder the past 2 months than ever before. I'm really looking forward to finally being retired LOL. Wish you were going to be in Rockport. Some fine mutants will be there and some fine ones won't!

And... some fine would be mutants need to speak up and join us. We see you lurking from time to time. NOW is as good a time as any. Tell us what your RV doesn't have and you don't miss - and declare -
The Journey is the destination. That's it. Let us hear from you.

Sorry Sarah - didn't mean to quote you into a call to Mutate.. I get carried away sometimes....
Hey Steve. I will be keeping an eye on the CL Redux headcount and making our reservation soon. Is there a time limit on getting the number of reserved spots for the discount?

We have a lot of stuff going on as the holidays approach--lots of family gatherings and pretty much booked up Thanksgiving week till January. Also still operating under "vacation availability" restraints as are most workin' folks. Rockport sounds like a fun time but we won't be able to make that for sure.

The retirement planning is coming along, though we don't have the issues that you and Annie had with moving into a totally new life! We'll still be right here in our home and looking forward to planning longer vacation trips. The main differences will be that I'll have "someone" underfoot all day and no paycheck... eeek!!

The ole' man is turning 60 in March, then retiring March 31 or April 1, depending on which is the more favorable interest rate for lump sum distribution (first or second quarter). He had originally planned to work for the rest of the year, but some unexpected management changes in his department made him reassess that timing. (Horse's patoot arrival = time to GTHO. )

We are looking forward to meeting all of you and sharing adult beverages around the campfire.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:24 PM   #26329

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Sarah we can put ya on the list and get your space reserved by callin CL. When we get a final count then they will charge each of us a one day deposit which is fully refundable up to three days before we arrive so I would recommend we go ahead and if ya can't make it you can cancel and get your deposit back.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:34 PM   #26330

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Hey Steve. I will be keeping an eye on the CL Redux headcount and making our reservation soon. Is there a time limit on getting the number of reserved spots for the discount?

We have a lot of stuff going on as the holidays approach--lots of family gatherings and pretty much booked up Thanksgiving week till January. Also still operating under "vacation availability" restraints as are most workin' folks. Rockport sounds like a fun time but we won't be able to make that for sure.

The retirement planning is coming along, though we don't have the issues that you and Annie had with moving into a totally new life! We'll still be right here in our home and looking forward to planning longer vacation trips. The main differences will be that I'll have "someone" underfoot all day and no paycheck... eeek!!

The ole' man is turning 60 in March, then retiring March 31 or April 1, depending on which is the more favorable interest rate for lump sum distribution (first or second quarter). He had originally planned to work for the rest of the year, but some unexpected management changes in his department made him reassess that timing. (Horse's patoot arrival = time to GTHO. )

We are looking forward to meeting all of you and sharing adult beverages around the campfire.

Amen to that, Sarah, and a good night to all! We busted our patooties today getting the last of our "Oh no, I couldn't live without THAT!" possessions loaded and organized. Mostly mine. Oh me achin' back!

But we're finally all in (in more than one sense!) and ready for the Sandman to come calling. Tomorrow morning we hit the road for Rockport. Woot! Woot!

Btw, I read every post, too. 'Fraid I'll miss something!

Hope to meet you at CL, Sarah. Gotta see that new couch....chair, whatever it is!

Cheers!
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 11-09-2014, 11:45 PM   #26331
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Sarah we can put ya on the list and get your space reserved by callin CL. When we get a final count then they will charge each of us a one day deposit which is fully refundable up to three days before we arrive so I would recommend we go ahead and if ya can't make it you can cancel and get your deposit back.

Thanks, Herb. I'll holler when I make the res.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:48 PM   #26332
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Amen to that, Sarah, and a good night to all! We busted our patooties today getting the last of our "Oh no, I couldn't live without THAT!" possessions loaded and organized. Mostly mine. Oh me achin' back!

But we're finally all in (in more than one sense!) and ready for the Sandman to come calling. Tomorrow morning we hit the road for Rockport. Woot! Woot!

Btw, I read every post, too. 'Fraid I'll miss something!

Hope to meet you at CL, Sarah. Gotta see that new couch....chair, whatever it is!

Cheers!
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Sounds like it's time for some well-deserved rest, Sue! Safe travels to you and Martin.

I'm looking forward to meeting you and all the RVMs in April. Afraid the couch isn't new anymore, but it's still comfy. Feel free to test it out any time.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:51 AM   #26333

Mornin', Muteys! 🎶It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day....🎶 Any day we get to start a trip is gonna be beautiful, and here we go. 🌈

Slept in Bella last night so as to make leaving quicker today. The house is all shut up, and I always pretend we've already left. That way I don't keep running in for just one more thing ... and then another ... and another .... Most of the time it works.

What's funny is that Bella is parked in her shed with the doors shut. Only the shed windows tell us it's daylight, and the scenery could be improved. 😏 A lot!

Brekkers first and then we'll hook up the Jeep and GO! Watch out Road; here we come!

Snow showers are forecast for the coming weekend, so it's pretty good timing. But the rain in Spain ...er... Rockport ... may dampen things a bit. Things but not spirits. Where mutants gather, weather is always Fine. Even in April in Arkansas. Right, Tim? Di?

Can't wait!
Old 11-10-2014, 07:07 AM   #26334

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Didn't see any goat heads and could only find 2 grass bur plants that I dug up root and all in the small dog park. It's twice the size of the one in Phoenix. I went looking for her poop, but couldn't find it. While I was searching I found and elimated those evil things. This is the 2nd best dog park we've been to after Yuma AZ

Lily is definitely my social butterfly. Sena never left my shirt. When the little dog side of the park got empty we went over to play with the big guys. You should have seen her trying to sniff a Great Dane back side. She went over to the dog, looked up and then looked back at me as if to say, "Now how do I do this one?"

Rockport is a very progressive little town. There were plaques everywhere showing that individuals and businesses had contributed $ to build a fence section. It would be easy to become a Winter Texan here, but I think I'm allergic lto something that was in the air today.

I for sure need to find that one... Mine need some off leash time.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote