Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #253

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Toyduck - the best photographer I know still uses film and has done some great stuff with a pin hole camera. He uses an old Leica range finder too. He has an old Mamiya 7 too but doesn't like to lug it around. He eeks out a living in Portland Or at a print shop - drum rolling for others - and printing. He says he gets enough of the digital world at work, is looking forward to retirement and getting away from it altogether. Of course he is a S&B man so darkroom is his favorite place to be. He has watched the progression, fought for jobs against recent college grads in the highly competitive Portland market for years. But what a hobby it is! Silver halide to digital. Another long strange trip.
RVM2

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #254
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post

DAMN - You know me too well! LOL Yep, don't miss nor want the dishwasher. (I think that would be called, "leading the witness". LOL

3 weeks of garage sales and LOTS of stuff that we won't miss and won't want.

I won't miss the construction of the Condos behind my S&B that will block up my view...I will trade that for a view that never gets boring because I have the ability change it.

Good start?
Welcome Sky_Boss!
3 weeks of garage sales can mutate you pretty good.

I found a picker, we agreed on a price for each item, tallied it up, he wrote me a check, hauled it away same day!

Dave and Nola
RVM1

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #255

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Welcome Sky_Boss!
3 weeks of garage sales can mutate you pretty good.

I found a picker, we agreed on a price for each item, tallied it up, he wrote me a check, hauled it away same day!

Dave and Nola
RVM1
HMMM...a "picker"...might have to try that before I mutate into a pile of mush.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #256

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss

Watch out for that guy named Frank - he likes to get the better of ya with the "bundle".
Old 04-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #257
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post

Try local auction houses. Some have pickers connected to them. My realtor told me about the one I used.

It could save you from too much mutation!

Old 04-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #258

We have a 34' fiver with 4 slides. We stay south for 5 months. Do we need this big a rig? When we started looking for a new rig a few years ago I factored in what the cost of a divorce could be. Cost of rig is way less. So, as RVM10 I have to factor in all the things not needed to really be able to say "I needed that." Of course, DW can stay in one end while I practice the (new) banjo on the other end. Can a guy have to many banjo's? I think not. Latest one is a carbon fiber Gold Tone. I figure it should be tough enough to withstand the rigors of travel and being flung against a wall when frustrated with "Foggy Mountain Breakdown", or anything in "D" tuning.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Toyduck - the best photographer I know still uses film and has done some great stuff with a pin hole camera. He uses an old Leica range finder too. He has an old Mamiya 7 too but doesn't like to lug it around. He eeks out a living in Portland Or at a print shop - drum rolling for others - and printing. He says he gets enough of the digital world at work, is looking forward to retirement and getting away from it altogether. Of course he is a S&B man so darkroom is his favorite place to be. He has watched the progression, fought for jobs against recent college grads in the highly competitive Portland market for years. But what a hobby it is! Silver halide to digital. Another long strange trip.
RVM2
Years ago I wanted a darkroom of my own, but never had the room and $$ at the same time.. Unfortunately, like the 'old' days, modern digital equipment of a professional nature is highly expensive. Last week a friend showed me his new digital camera, when he told me the price ($3500) I think my eyes glazed over...don't remember much after that.

It did take some great photos though...

Of course, I don't want or need it now of course...
RVM19

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #260

Fleetwood Owners Club
Most digital cameras available today are capable of taking great pix. Having an eye to capture the usual in an unusual and interesting way brings a bit of joy to everyone. Enjoy your surroundings and share the things you see, your perception is unique and the moment will only be memorable and shared if you do it.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #261

RVM15 here, is it just me or is everyone overly obsessed with sewer hoses. There are hundreds of post on this and other sites debating the Merritt's of different sewer hoses. Some people get quite snippy about ther preferences on something that just drains the #*@ out of your RV. My cheap brown Camco hose that I put the ends on myself seems to work just fine. Even managed to step onit a couple of time, still works. What am I missing.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #262

Fleetwood Owners Club
If it is brown how can you tell if it is leaking:>}
Old 04-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #263

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Selah - there is a lot of obsessing over many things - and the waste disposal system is sure one of them. It sure is nice to have RVMs to talk music, philosophy, arts, science, and the RVM way with. Including the stinky slinky obsession. However - RVMs probably don't have much to say on the matter - we have em - need em - and would sure as heck miss em - no matter kind we have. The observation is a good one though - and almost as popular as why do my batteries go dead when I leave the furnace running all night without hookups??
Old 04-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #264

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In concert with that obsession, is the topic of "What kind of toilet paper to use". Not many would say "Don't have it and don't need it", but not sure it's worth becoming obsessed about it. We always just grab what's on the shelf at the S&B when we head out. One ply? Quick dissolving? We say "don't have it and don't need it". Just one more thing on that ever growing list.......
RVM6
Big Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #265

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
You don't even have to think about TP. All you have to do is buy the cheapest stuff at Walmart. Its one ply and cheap!

Are you still a RVM if you like to watch Duck Dynasty so that means you have to go out and get a satellite hook-up?
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #266
RVM1

I get a kick out of those that never put TP down the toidy (EEEEK).

So, it's unanimous, me thinks, that RVMs have, need, and use a slinky.

Other ones that make me chuckle:
Do you drink water from your fresh water tank?
Dash cams.
Fuel prices.
What is the best RV?

And my all time favorite:
We bought our first RV and had a great weekend. We are now at the dump station. What do we do?