Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2014, 09:32 PM   #26825
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Aaargh...sure is hard to find her spot when the sun has gone to bed already....and now the electric ain't working...gonna be cold....requiring snuggling.....can't wait for tomorrow to get here!
Quote:
OK...so last night....in the dark...we didn't realize the sites were pull throughs....so the pedestal we thought was ours wasn't.....and the reason our power didn't work....it wasn't our site..,she didn't put us there because it had a problem! Kind of a rather newbie duh type problem.... We backed onto a pull through on the wrong end!
As Steve was reading this "mishap" to us while we were waiting for the turkey to cook, we laughed, and laughed, and laughed, then started telling stories of stupid things Steve did and we laughed some more. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Thanks to the "Smoker Mutant Crew" or SMC - Wayne - Larry - and assist from Dave and Barb. Thanks to Sue and Martin for the gobbler. And Earlene and Jne for running to Market for pig... and everyone else for getting this Pre - Thanksgiving day feast rolling. And especially to my Annie for putting up with me...
Hmmm! Something wrong with Dave & Barb.....Hmmm! Wonder how herb and Jeannie are doing.

Quote:
Oh...by the time I woke up and Bob came in and explained that all the sites were pull throughs...I started laughing about it....we did have our propane heater... But we need to replace the thermostat so it cycles.....
How could you not laugh! Okay, as the story goes. Our heat pump gets an assist from the gas furnace when there is a big temperature difference. If the gas doesn't come on, the heat pump will not come on. When the gas comes on the heat pump will come on and when the temperature is within a certain difference the gas shuts off. (new fangled contraptions.) So when we had no heat a little birdie named Earlene asked if the propane was turned on. I said of course, but went out to check it. Of course it was turned on (NOT) as I stated when I came in. Turned the furnace on ant poof, heat. I wonder if she knows it wasn't on.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2014, 09:34 PM   #26826
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Words can not describe the time this evening at the MIDI-C in Rockport, TX. You would have had to have been here to experience the great time we are having.

Miss you!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:41 PM   #26827

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Nice pic! Is the toikie gone?
I know Jne has some pork and toikie pics for posting later. My phone was in on the charger so I didn't document.

I have to say - Wayne - Larry - Di - Dave and Sue are a first rate Smoker team... if ya ever watch BBQ and smoking competition on TV - you know - no one person does the Q. I would work a competition with this crew any day.

Annie says - thanks to the clean up crew for helping clear the decks outisde.

And a final note - thanks to Dave for the handmade wedding anniversary trivets - to Larry for the special - Flaggship1 Retirement PowerPoint slide show, and Earlene for the great peanut butter pie and oyster dressing. The oyster dressing was off the charts. Jeanie - I have already asked and am now reminding - we want the recipe for the broccoli salad.. in fact all recipes are requested for the RV Mutant Cookbook. Sue - the persimmon pudding was just unbelievable. Thanks of course to my dear Annie for everything that makes my world spin.

Marty and Bob - I can't believe you made it here in record time. If there was ever any question of Honeys veracity - it is gone. She had taken you to Yellowstone - The GC@CL - who knows where else and now to Rockport Texas

I'm tired and happy - that's the mutant way. You here at the First Ever PreThanksgiving Day Feast and Flaggship1 going Full Time Curiosity and Celebration are #1 and so are the rest of ya Mutants!!!

If I left anyone out - pure oversight from mutant euphoria!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:53 PM   #26828

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If there was ever a sign that things are right in the RVMdom it would the rainbow. And right behind that would be rain... we are all in out little coaches - the party has been over for an hour or so - and it has just started to rain. Rain has been a threat for every day - and at any time. It waited until we were turned in.

And Larry and I even remembered to pull the light off my awning arm just in case... Don't get no better than that...
Old 11-15-2014, 10:09 PM   #26829

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
That'll be a chapter or two in the MARLG trilogy....count on that!!
I guess they're keeping you busy out there on the left coast Ken... or the kids finally got ya committed...
Old 11-15-2014, 10:31 PM   #26830

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
I guess they're keeping you busy out there on the left coast Ken... or the kids finally got ya committed...
Have to catch me to commit me... Big 3rd B/D bash for GD today...very enjoyable. GD said "Papa you're Awesome" yesterday.

Cool here this afternoon and evening. Stay warm and keep Mutating all you STMs.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:34 PM   #26831

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Have to catch me to commit me... Big 3rd B/D bash for GD today...very enjoyable. GD said "Papa you're Awesome" yesterday.

Cool here this afternoon and evening. Stay warm and keep Mutating all you STMs.
Big rainbow smiles to you and the family! Get home and get yet yer affairs in order and get on the rainbow with us. Your place at the table awaits you...
Old 11-15-2014, 10:37 PM   #26832

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Big rainbow smiles to you and the family! Get home and get yet yer affairs in order and get on the rainbow with us. Your place at the table awaits you...
Aye! Aye! GP!!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:11 AM   #26833

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
The results are in and I aren't.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:34 AM   #26834

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post

Wifey and I just got in from dinner and a late movie! If ya have a hankering to see a good movie, we recommend "Gone Girl" with Ben Afflack.

Possum never fear, I nominate you for Most illustrious Magistrate! We got a Poohbah and a Potentate so why not a Magistrate?

What say ye you STM's?
Old 11-16-2014, 05:56 AM   #26835

Quote:

Sorry Possum..... People arent always smart enough to choose what us best.... But we all love ya...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:11 AM   #26836

Quote:
Condolences if you are sad about it, applause if you are not, lol.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:14 AM   #26837

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Condolences if you are sad about it, applause if you are not, lol.
Dittto.

Good to hear from you Tina. Are you back in cold country?

Did you find the perfect place to maybe "winter" some in the future?
Old 11-16-2014, 08:33 AM   #26838

Home again

Got back home late Friday. My snowy world for the next 5 months 'till at least April.

Cedar Key in Florida was fun and funky. The campgrounds were basic but ok, Sunset RV Park was right on the water with a neat cafe. Low Key Hideaway Resort had 4 full hookup spots on the water, but right on the road. A paddling paradise, but no good beaches. The town is small and walkable, everyone gets around on golf carts. It was a lot of driving in 3 weeks from North Bay down as far as Naples in Florida and back. We could not take the trailer unless we were able to spend the whole winter and the trailer is really too small for that; however, we did find a lot of great RV resorts that rent park models, so that is what we plan to do for a month or so next winter. Ted's vote is for Cedar Key for the paddling and I like St. Augustine because there are still a lot of things we want to do there and the paddling is also good right from the campground we liked, Ocean Grove RV resort. We will probably do both.

Goodbye to the beaches of St. Augustine and Cedar Key for now!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0216.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	79154   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0198_edited.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	79155  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0066.jpg