Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2014, 04:59 PM   #27049
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Steve you might head up a bar tending competition one evening, hopefully we could get some judges among the group.

Sign me up!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #27050

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
1) I hope everyone on the Rainbow is having a great day and that all mutants continue to mutate.

2) Happy Birthday Dwayne. If I remember the Earth Children series right the personal totem is something that is with you on special occasions and what could be more special than your big day. Red tails are very pretty birds.

3) If Steve does organize a bartending competition I will hereby and henceforth volunteer to be the consumer of said competition's products. I will follow all the rules of fine swilling until I can no longer stay upright and start falling from my stool. Wayne can come in and cleanup what I don't. There is a good reason for being round.

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #27051

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Thanks Wayne I got out of bed this morning about 6 am walked out side smoking a cigarette and just as I put it out a big red tail hawk came up and landed right by me and was just looking at me not worried at all then it flew off so as a native I see this as a great start to my next year on this earth.
Happy Birthday Dwayne. Did your visitor look like this one I had outside my barn window yesterday?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	visitor.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	79526  
chuckinthebus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:33 PM   #27052

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh....Steve....I am most sure you don't miss the Dallas-Ft.Worth traffic....we came through Dallas side on way down...but a little after rush.... We are on the Ft. Worth side.... Bob said he wanted to keep driving....I wanted to stop for dinner South of there and wait it out.... Current driver won.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:37 PM   #27053

Vintage RV Owners Club
Just to jog you memory....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1416530109161.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	79529  
Old 11-20-2014, 06:51 PM   #27054

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Just to jog you memory....

Pic does not show ice and snow. Meaning ... that isn't a real traffic problem. Just a few vehicles cruising along. Nobody skidding sideways into the guardrail.

Now, up here in the land of traffic jams, things be nasty.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #27055

No that looks like a red headed hawk this one was a red tail hawk wish a had my camera he was about 6 feet from me very cool and a lot of meaning in my tribe.

Thank y'all for the good wishes. My day was spent working on the jeep. The radiator was leaking. It was nice to just do my thing all day it made me feel good. Thanks again.

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #27056

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good News - Bad News

Well...the rainbow certainly has its share of bumps and pot holes.

We to up to Elgin, TX to the guy that will be working my battery issues. While backing the coach up into his drive there was a big BANG and the coach rocked a bit. I stop and looking at my tire TPMS but all the tires are aired up just fine. I get out of the coach and find parts blown out onto the road...lots of part pieces.

After surveying everything I see that my coach is sitting low on over the rear axle. Pretty soon it is evident that one of my drive axle air bags has exploded! This is a new one replaced in June this year.

Fortunately we were able to continue backing the coach into the drive and off the road. We will be contacting Spartan at O'dark 30 in the morning to get things rolling.

So...the good news is that this didn't happen on the road so we were not having to deal with drivability issues. Also, since we were just backing up we located most of the parts and took lots of pictures. Also one of the plastic parts hit our battery tech but didn't do him any damage. It could have been interesting if parts flew off the back and hit other cars if we had been driving.

The bad news will be finding out what it will take to get it all fixed up. We are going to have to cancel our visit with Wayne and Earlene...at least camping at the park they will be at. The next thing is finding out whether this can be replace in the field or will require a tow. It could even require a flat bed since it is the rear. OH BOY!

Still...we feel fortunate to be able to suffer and endure these bumps. We are retired, don't have a schedule that we can't adjust if needed and most of all Sandee and I have each other and our 2 handsome boys. OH...and we have satellite TV too. LOL

So...it is a bummer but a challenge to overcome.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2034.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	437.1 KB
ID:	79531   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2031.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	79532  

Name:	IMG_2043.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	79533  
Old 11-20-2014, 07:21 PM   #27057
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Well...the rainbow certainly has its share of bumps and pot holes.

The next thing is finding out whether this can be replace in the field or will require a tow. It could even require a flat bed since it is the rear. OH BOY!
There should be something around that can tow it. When my 40' needed a tow, the truck did it from behind. It was a tri-axle and the operator said that it was a piece of cake. Towed much bigger stuff then my MH.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #27058

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
There should be something around that can tow it. When my 40' needed a tow, the truck did it from behind. It was a tri-axle and the operator said that it was a piece of cake. Towed much bigger stuff then my MH.
My concern is all that extra weight on the front axle. I don't doubt that a big tow unit can pick it up but will my front axle get damaged? That certainly would be a bad deal.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #27059
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
My concern is all that extra weight on the front axle. I don't doubt that a big tow unit can pick it up but will my front axle get damaged? That certainly would be a bad deal.
They way that they picked up my MH, from the frame under the motor, there was hardly any weight shifted to the front axle. I would not be concerned about that.

Hopefully though, they can fix your MH in place. I can't see it being that tough to jack up your unit and replace an air bag, provided that is all that has to happen.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #27060

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don does your wheels rub with airbag blown. I would think you could drive it a short distance in the condition it's in or like Larry said, replace parts at present site. After all, their not going to put it up on a rack to work on it. Let us know how this plays out, hate to hear of any trouble!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:41 PM   #27061

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Pic does not show ice and snow. Meaning ... that isn't a real traffic problem. Just a few vehicles cruising along. Nobody skidding sideways into the guardrail.

Now, up here in the land of traffic jams, things be nasty.
No...we'll get a little of that when we get closer to home....maybe...but it could be all melted by tomorrow too....until then we will enjoy the low of 55f tonight just north of Dallas/Ft.Worth area! ( I didn't pick the best park this time....but it will suffice and we are tired...so we shall sleep once it quiets down a bit....)
Old 11-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #27062

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Don does your wheels rub with airbag blown. I would think you could drive it a short distance in the condition it's in or like Larry said, replace parts at present site. After all, their not going to put it up on a rack to work on it. Let us know how this plays out, hate to hear of any trouble!
I don't see any rubbing of the rear wheels so we can move it around a bit. I would be concerned going very far. I'm wondering if they will have to replace the valve control too. I have also asked if it would be wise to replace both bags since the other one probably took a bit of a shock. The interesting (good?) part is that I don't hear any air leaks. I'm not sure if that means anything but I can hope so. LOL

The closest Spartan authorized shop is at least 45 minutes away at normal speed. That is a lot of driving.