Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #27245
RVM1

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snybe View Post
Me and my family of eight should be classified as RV Mutants and so wish to be.

Even though we have a diesel pusher which would be considered a middle class RV there are still things that we do not currently have like:

TPMS, integrated smartphone monitoring system, bathtub, hottub, second bathroom, large enough kitchen sink, tankless hot water heater, heated tile floors, air bladder slide seals, two master bedroom slides, and extra freezer.

So we are not really roughing it, but we are doing without from when we lived in our house. But we do not miss any of the above and enjoy our nomadic lifestyle very much. We would have it no other way and do not ever plan on living in a house again.

So I feel like we are RV Mutants and would like to join this group.

Thanks!
Don

Hello Don!
You have officially met 1/2 of the qualifications for becoming an RV Mutant! Just answer this question:
Is the Journey Your Destination?
If you can give us a yes or a yep or an uhuh or an OH YEAH, you will officially be RVM101, with all associated rights and privledges!
So answer-up. There is plenty of room on the Rainbow
Dave
RVM1

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2014, 10:32 AM   #27246

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Me and my family of eight should be classified as RV Mutants and so wish to be.

Even though we have a diesel pusher which would be considered a middle class RV there are still things that we do not currently have like:

TPMS, integrated smartphone monitoring system, bathtub, hottub, second bathroom, large enough kitchen sink, tankless hot water heater, heated tile floors, air bladder slide seals, two master bedroom slides, and extra freezer.

So we are not really roughing it, but we are doing without from when we lived in our house. But we do not miss any of the above and enjoy our nomadic lifestyle very much. We would have it no other way and do not ever plan on living in a house again.

So I feel like we are RV Mutants and would like to join this group.

Thanks!
Don
I see that Dave - the Grand Poobah of the RVMdom had welcomed you and offered the final guidance in becoming a mutant. Good luck figuring out the answer...

Please tell us more... about 6 kids. We have plenty of mutants with kids - and some full time - but I'm not sure about this - but you may be first to be full time with kids. Crowded Camper was partly full time... Hmmm.

Tell us more.

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #27247

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have said goodbye to Sue and Martin - and they are preparing to roll out of Rockport. Annie has wiped away her tears and now the work begins. But I may need a nap first.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #27248

Winnebago Owners Club
Where in AR are you, we lived in Little Rock for 12 yrs, then moved to OK (but worked in Fort Smith) If any of you like to fish we have a boat on Lake Taneycomo and would be happy to take you out. Our friend owns a resort/RV park on Taneycomo so I might be able to get a discount for you guys!
Sold my wheel and slab roller, will be selling my kiln...trying to downsize before hubby retires in 3.5 yrs.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #27249

R U an RV Mutant too?

Hiya, rakuwoman! There are certainly fisherfolk amongst us, although I'm not one of 'em. Tim, aka huntnski, is a Hot Springs guy, and Di, aka diwizi, is from LR. Plenty of locals for you to mini-c* with. A bunch of us, you may already know, will be at Catherine's Landing in April, holding a midi-c*. You are, of course, invited!

Herb? Tell all again re: CL Redux.

Are you getting out of the clay business for good? Good memories, I hope! I'd take a look at that kiln myself (mostly for DH), but carryin' that sucker would be a bear, and shipping worse. Good luck in your sale. Would you share a pic or 2 of your favorite pieces?

Cheers!
Sue
-------
* c = curiosity, as any gathering of mutants is known. Refer to the Mutant Lexicon for more. Our Great Potentate Steve is the current holder of the Lexicon. Also of the Ancient Scrolls. And of the temps slaving away in their basement cubicles. Or wherever he's currently housing them. 😏
Old 11-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #27250

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Welcome Rakuwoman and spouse. Being RVM100 is a special number in mutantdom. It entitles you to go first at the celebration of mutants in Hot Springs, AR to take the karaoke stage following the opening ceremony led by RVM1 and RVM2. You are responsible for setting the bar very, very high.

Ya gotta come over to Arkansas and meet us in April. 1 day, 2 days, or 7 days it doesn't matter. Just allow us to attach a face to a name.

Welcome
Hehehe, you don't want me and karaoke...or set;ting up the bar (don't drink, but have fun watching those who do Will try to make it to Hot Springs. We were down there for the Film Festival (hubby was in "Stray Dog") we boondocked right next to the Arlington!
Old 11-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #27251

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
We have said goodbye to Sue and Martin - and they are preparing to roll out of Rockport. Annie has wiped away her tears and now the work begins. But I may need a nap first.

Sue and Martin are currently sett'n in the fuel station just down the road from Steve and Annie. Still! It has taken an unusually long time to fill up this time, but it's finally done. We might actually get properly on the road before noon.

Super breakfast with Steve and Annie this morning, and time for a chat. Gonna miss 'em, but looking forward to April.

Best wishes to all on the rainbow !

Sue
Old 11-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #27252

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hello Don!
You have officially met 1/2 of the qualifications for becoming an RV Mutant! Just answer this question:
Is the Journey Your Destination?
If you can give us a yes or a yep or an uhuh or an OH YEAH, you will officially be RVM101, with all associated rights and privledges!
So answer-up. There is plenty of room on the Rainbow
Dave
RVM1
Dave,

Yes, the journey is our destination.

Wondering what is around that next bend in the road is a powerful force that keeps us moving in that direction.

Thanks!
Don
Snybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #27253
RVM1

Quote:
Dave,

Yes, the journey is our destination.

Wondering what is around that next bend in the road is a powerful force that keeps us moving in that direction.

Thanks!
Don

RV MUTANT ALERT!!!!
Don and Misty and their six kids have joined RVMdom! WOOOOOT
Please join me in giving RVM101 a hearty WELCOME!!!!
And check out their signature for their travel blog.

Don and Misty, we look forward to your words on our humble little thread, and salute you as you Journey on the Rainbow!!!!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #27254
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Don, Misty and the family, aka Snybe and forever to be known as RVM 101, Welcome to RVMdom and the RAINBOW!! Woot! Woot!!

Enjoy your adventures and share with us STMs anything that comes to mind.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:16 PM   #27255

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
RV MUTANT ALERT!!!!
Don and Misty and their six kids have joined RVMdom! WOOOOOT
Please join me in giving RVM101 a hearty WELCOME!!!!
And check out their signature for their travel blog.

Don and Misty, we look forward to your words on our humble little thread, and salute you as you Journey on the Rainbow!!!!
Wow and our (40a & 40b) welcome to the rainbow is extended to 101, 101A, 101B , 101C, 101D, 101E, 101F and 101G.

That always wanting to see beyond the next curve in the road or elusive view beyond the horizon is what its all about.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #27256
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Howdy to the rest of you STMs!

Packin' up to head off to Cheesehead land and Milwaukee to meet up with the son, DIL and family, and others for the rest of the week. Hope the road's clear by tomorrow for at least the day.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #27257

Welcome Don and Misty and the young 'uns. May the Rainbow lay out before your family a wonderful path. Safe and happy.

BTW, my DW (Mary Ann) says "no way" on the full timing with 6 kids. Our daughter has 5 (ages 14 down to 4) and we took their family to Disneyworld from central Indiana. Loved the experience but it had a beginning and a scheduled end. Schedules, routines, job assignments, a true spirit of cooperation would be of paramount importance. Hope you can make it to a mutant gathering one of these days.

Travel easy. The exploration of this country will be a wonderful building block for your children. Take time to explain to them what they're looking at outside the windows.
Papawto5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #27258

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome one oh one. Sincerely hope you enjoy the rainbow ride.

JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote

« Endless Tale Game | - »