Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #27371

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
We took our guest to see the "big tree" today. She emailed me this pic of backyard buck...
Is Buck the one in the blue shirt or the one destined to be chili? I wouldn't want to meet either one in a dark alley.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2014, 03:58 PM   #27372

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Yuck Sue, I can relate. I bought all sorts of vermin chasers, but nothing toxic because of Sena"s proclivity for getting into things. What has worked best is some copper mesh pot scrubbers that I got at some sort of Dollar store. Sort I can't remember which one. I opened the middle hole large enough to slip my power cable and sewer hose thru and then stuff the copper thru the access hole so there is zero space for any critter to come aboard.

Are you sure they are IL mice, not Texan vermin? And no, I'm not speaking of Wayne. (You know I luv ya, your roundness)

Ah, that's a good idea, Barb. When we moved into the family homestead, dated 1891, there were can lids nailed to the floors to cover up the holes where pipes had come through. In the older (1860) portion, there were license plates performing the same function. In the house where I grew up (the old hired hands' cottage) Daddy used steel wool for mouse control as you use copper mesh.

They still got into the walls. Still do in the home place. Apparently we are destined to share our cozy home with the neighbors...but there are limits!

Martin thought he had all bases covered. Apparently not. Or else he sealed Bella up with a hitchhiker still aboard. 😕

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 11-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #27373

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Apparently Illinois mice have as much a yen for travel and adventure as we mutants do. Smart mousie, too: it likes bacon grease.

I'm offering it Tomcat in the beautiful green block. Sorry, mousie. Nobody, but NObody, messes with my bacon grease!

I don't care how cute you are. If there is a next time, I will attack with the fearsome, deadly Rope Lights!

Signed:
Da Boss

Rope lights? How evil can you get?
Jeff, Tim, And Dwayne would corral them and have them ready for Steves smoker in no time.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:40 PM   #27374

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It was that kind of day... here in Rockport -- 75 degrees and CAMFB - (Clear As A Mutant Fire Bell).

And Evelyn delivered on the pies and Jalapeño Pineapple Cheese Ball... !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1417044830369.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	80035   Click image for larger version

Name:	1417044984843.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	80037  

Name:	1417045014499.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	80038  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #27375

Quote:
It was that kind of day... here in Rockport -- 75 degrees and CAMFB - (Clear As A Mutant Fire Bell).

And Evelyn delivered on the pies and Jalapeño Pineapple Cheese Ball... !!!

Ah, loverly! And pies to boot! Now that there is a good friend! And such glamour girls!

I watched a string of brown pelicans fly east along the shore late this afternoon, rising and falling like the waves of a flag in a breeze. There were 15 of them by my count.

We are gradually clearing leftovers outta the fridge. Tonight saw the last of Hu Dat, and then there is only roasted chicken to go. But in the meantime, Fred's brother Tom, aka kefir, made up part of a pouring sauce over baked apples for dessert. Even Martin tried that and asked for more. Color me pleased.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #27376

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sue,

I've heard steel wool rusts quickly in coastal areas and copper mesh takes much longer to corrode. They both work about the same, giving the chewers something they don't like to chew thru and can be stuffed into small spaces. Mice can get thru openings as small as 1/4 inch x 3/4 inch.

I've also tried deterants such as Cab Fresh, peppermint oil and an electronic pest eliminator on the ground under the coach with less than
sterling success. Good Luck!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #27377

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've been waiting all afternoon for Mike, aka MikeandHarriet, to post pictures of our mini-C this morning. Sena and I had the honor of being the first RVMs they've met.

Lily stayed at home due to her unyielding need to bark at and chase cats. Mike and Harriet's Moe is one HUGE cat. He's 26 pounds of big, not fat, well muscled Tuxedo cat who would have made mincemeat out of 8 pound Lily. Sena saw Moe thru the windows and attempted to scare him away with zero success.

We sat outside and enjoyed the Florida sunshine and chatted. Mike is quite the Macgiver, coming up with all sorts of neat ideas. I warned him to expect an email the next time I come up with a crazy idea.

They are planning to join us at CL in April if a work camping gig doesn't come thru. Keep your fingers crossed everyone. These are 2 truly fine mutants!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-26-2014, 05:37 PM   #27378

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Ah, loverly! And pies to boot! Now that there is a good friend! And such glamour girls!

I watched a string of brown pelicans fly east along the shore late this afternoon, rising and falling like the waves of a flag in a breeze. There were 15 of them by my count.

We are gradually clearing leftovers outta the fridge. Tonight saw the last of Hu Dat, and then there is only roasted chicken to go. But in the meantime, Fred's brother Tom, aka kefir, made up part of a pouring sauce over baked apples for dessert. Even Martin tried that and asked for more. Color me pleased.

Ha! Tom Kefir and Timothy Mouse eh...

So I know you said you had the wind swept and salt cured oaks in your minds eye for painting - but here is a modest pic... there are many better stands as you know - but this one caught my eye for reason.

On Edit... perhaps it was the well water sign... a reminder for Martin...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1417048651754.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	80043  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #27379

Tiffin Owners Club
Want a good mouser, think Ferret.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #27380

Quote:
I've been waiting all afternoon for Mike, aka MikeandHarriet, to post pictures of our mini-C this morning. Sena and I had the honor of being the first RVMs they've met.

Lily stayed at home due to her unyielding need to bark at and chase cats. Mike and Harriet's Moe is one HUGE cat. He's 26 pounds of big, not fat, well muscled Tuxedo cat who would have made mincemeat out of 8 pound Lily. Sena saw Moe thru the windows and attempted to scare him away with zero success.

We sat outside and enjoyed the Florida sunshine and chatted. Mike is quite the Macgiver, coming up with all sorts of neat ideas. I warned him to expect an email the next time I come up with a crazy idea.

They are planning to join us at CL in April if a work camping gig doesn't come thru. Keep your fingers crossed everyone. These are 2 truly fine mutants!

Looking forward to meeting them. They sound quite mutated to me, and Moe sounds amazing!

Old 11-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #27381

Quote:
Sue,

I've heard steel wool rusts quickly in coastal areas and copper mesh takes much longer to corrode. ....

I found stainless steel scrubbies at Home Depot. That's the answer to the rust problem at least. The rest of the problem is locating every possible entry point.

Victor makes several sizes of electronic mouse traps (electrocution devices). I was impressed with the customer evaluations, so I sent for one. Baited it, then placed as per directions. No mice yet, and it's been on duty for three weeks. Quite possibly, Mr Cat is catching 'em before they have a chance to taste test my new fangled trap.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:49 PM   #27382

Quote:

So I know you said you had the wind swept and salt cured oaks in your minds eye for painting - but here is a modest pic...

Does look rather interesting as a water color .....

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1417049374.849074.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	80044
Old 11-26-2014, 06:14 PM   #27383

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Does look rather interesting as a water color .....
Attachment 80044
Cheater...
Old 11-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #27384

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Cheater...

Four seconds to paint a water color. No messy brushes to clean out.