Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #27525
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey, hey hey, we have use some new Muties tonight. Welcome aboard Elaine and Redding! You should have an email from me describe alternate ways we mutants communicate.

Good news Don and Misty! You can now pass mop and broom detail down to RVM 102.

We hope all RVMs can joins in HotSprings, AR in April. I can promise you the time of your lives. Heck, we didn't even let nearby tornados spoil the fun last year. Hmmm, I wonder what tests Mother Nature will have in store for us in 2015? Well, no matter. RVMs can handle anything.

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2014, 06:44 PM   #27526
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffrail View Post
I asked Elaine. Man!! Must be Westies......I hope.

LOL..... Yes Westies.... Which are essentially white scotties..... But no biggie... The little one was actually named by this group... They are oh so clever...... QTπ (Pronounced cutie pie) Which goes well with LitaBit..
Glad you joined us.... Hope you can join us in April...

Really.... Again for ALL mutants.... It us so great to actually meet these people... That we have grown to love.....Right Wayne

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #27527

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Could it be a Zip Line Adventure? Fishing Guides on Lake Ouachita? Best dancers at the 1.2nd Annual Paul Byrd Band Extravagana? Sing along with RVM1. Sena spotting? Pin the tail on the newbee?

What fun and excitement are in store for mutants in Hot Springs in 2015? Ideas?

Where are Mel and Kate? Aren't they part of the mutant gaming commission?
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:20 PM   #27528

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Attention Mutants near and far... hear ye all, short and tall, taffrail - Redding and DW Elaine have arrived in the RVMdom and met the qualifications and strenuous requirements to be RVM102!

WELCOME - and now fellow mutants - grill em..
I mean say hello and show your curious - I mean welcoming side....

Woot woot! Welcome welcome to our new Mutey's Redding and Elaine! Dang we continue to grow. Steve your gonna have to post a new roster cause I can't keep up!

Steve as I have done my ketchup reading I see you called for an update on CL Redux 1.2 and Most Illustrious Potentate I will comply with your request. However, the temps at RVM Central Annex have been off eating turkeys and pies and cakes and...oh my are currently in a sugar coma that won't wear off till Monday. The list is locked away in the mystic vault, hermetically sealed in an envelop that I can't get to until Monday. Sooooo.... Mutey's expect a Mutey's Bulliten at that time.

In the meantime, I am most excited to put in a shameless plug for the first ever, possibly to be repeated countless times at yet to be disclosed locations, GC@CL Redux 1.2. For our new Mutants we are having a repeat of last years gathering in Hot Springs, AR. In April, 2015 at Catherine's Landing on beautiful Lake Catherine. We will have another Grand Curiosity of the highest proportions involving currently about 20 mutants. There is still time to secure your reservation to join this eclectic group.

There will be food preparations fit for kings, the fog of smoked bacon will hang over the park, the endless banter of musings will be constant, and their will be a live wire party complete with our own Mutant band playing all kinds of great music to stir even our most aged legs to dance. And to top it all off, our Grand Poohbah himself will re-open the sacred kimono to reveal who know what? Ohhhh the thought of it churns my stomach. Our resident painter of renowned notoriety will be offering her considerable talents to teach you how to express yourself on paper! Yet another of our world travelers will be spinning her yarn up a storm and imparting her wisdom.

Their will be many animals including our mascot Sena the monkey, talking birds, barking dogs, and probably a few wild and crazy mutants! Oh wait.....they just act like animals. Mutants from far and wide have already committed to attend this historic conclave. But we still have room for more. So Mutey's old and new, if you don't have plans for next April, come join the greatest bunch of people you will ever meet so you can put a face(no matter how bad Wayne and Tim look) with a name of the strangers you have been divulging your secrets too.

For space assignments and instructions as well as general info please feel free to PM this mutant for a quick and no doubt witty response. We would love to meet you in person so let's hear from you muteys.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #27529

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffrail View Post
Just prior to arriving in the great state of Texas, I lived in the New Orleans area for 16 years. For a chunk of that time I traveled to North Louisiana and traveled across that causeway 2 times a month. It is very long and very narrow.....and the scenery is beautiful. South Louisiana and South Texas are both wonderful areas.

A big wide-as-Texas welcome, #102 from #36! I must have seen you at Drifters before we left on Monday, but never when Di or Steve were around to identify you. So a handshake to you both, and we'll look forward to meeting you out here on the rainbow somewhere. CL Redux 1.2, perhaps?

Do tell a bit about yourselves, and jump in here whenever.

To start you off, I'm the primary mutant in the family, but DH is pretty strange, too. <hide> We live in IL, although DH, Martin, is originally from England. (London) We are roughly 1/2 timers now. Currently no pets. I'm into all sorts of arts and crafts; Martin is the techie and mechanical marvel. Both of us cook, with varying results. 😋

Again, welcome!
Old 11-29-2014, 07:45 PM   #27530

Welcome Elaine and Redding from RVM5. We're Steve and Mary Ann and we live in central Indiana.

We were at GC@CL in 2014 and plan on attending this coming year. It was a lot of fun with the opportunity to meet some wonderful group of mutants.

We recommend that all mutants attend this Grand Curiosity. Again welcome mutants RVM102
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:49 PM   #27531
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Having over 75 sky dives under my belt, I have NEVER jumped out of a "perfectly good airplane". To the best of my knowledge, they were all "properly maintained" but perfect? LOL

OTOH, I have flown in a few planes that were not perfectly good wishing I had a parachute.
No one has even considered you as being "normal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Atchafalaya ... What a delightful word to roll off the tongue. Whiskey Bay and Bayou des Glaises ....

The Atchafalaya Basin: home to cypress and tupelo, and maybe the world's longest causeway. There are certainly no cities here to mar the landscape, nor any escape ramps neither!

Sweet as Tupelo honey!
I like that drive. The causeway is about 18 miles long. First time over it you never think it is going to end. Sometimes all you see on either side is water, and sometimes all you see is tree stumps. It is an ever changing basin.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:00 PM   #27532

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
No one has even considered you as being "normal."..
Ya...I hang out with you. Pretty much rules out being normal.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:02 PM   #27533

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When I read Herbs hawking of GC Redux 1.2 and all the great welcomes to RVM102 - it does my heart good... what a grand group of grande mutants one and all! :thumbup:

And by your command Herb..
RVM Roster
RVM1 Campdaven PA FT
RVM2 flaggship1 TX SD FT
RVM3 jdoc TX
RVM4 4kids LA
RVM5 Papawto5 IN
RVM6 Big Oil Guy AZ
RVM7 Happy Prospector ??
RVM8 Shadowcache OH
RVM9 SylviaCub ID
RVM10 Dick Noble CO
RVM11 Woodburner OH
RVM12 dogpatch BC
RVM13 DaveDeb1 OH
RVM14 Wayne M TX
RVM15 Selah IN
RVM16 msbarth TN
RVM17 KSCRUDE KS
RVM18 okmunky / RVM Mascot Sena SD
RVM19 Toyduck NV
RVM20 Oldme GA
RVM21 Alan24601 CA
RVM22 Sky_Boss IL FT

RVM23 Dunner AZ - R.I.P 5/29/14 Elevated to Official RVM Guardian Angel

RVM24 bdickson NC (Retired - to be a Moderator)
RVM25 nwcountry OR
RVM26 mekanic OH
RVM27 TEFFY TX
RVM28 TLGPE FL
RVM29 timarti ON
RVM30 JudyH CO
RVM31 HerbnBarb TX
RVM32 huntnski AR
RVM33 YC1 CA
RVM34 Moonrover OH
RVM35 mtnmankev AZ sidelined
RVM36 Suspinz IL
RVM37 Flacamper FL
RVM38 Nhytefall IL
RVM39 PTJeep MI FT
RVM40 Possum BC - Can
RVM41 adamfolger CA
RVM42 wthur OH
RVM43 Mike_Harriet FL
RVM44 sfi4 NY
RVM45 MartySQ KS
RVM46 thrushl SD
RVM47 Falcon190
RVM48 Dwayne and Shara TX
RVM49 KAS TX
RVM50 cnkinthebus TN
RVM51 rezman IN
RVM52 powellrv AL
RVM53 BobJoanFLA FL
RVM54 campingman CA
RVM55 virginiamtns VA
RVM56 Muddypaws CA
RVM57 tanstaafl PA
RVM58 ginny47 TX
RVM59 slickest1 Can
RVM60 Open Roaders
RVM61 wingennis AZ
RVM62 rooster67 TX
RVM63 traveldogs AZ
RVM64 Diwizi AR
RVM65 Enokie CA
RVM66 daveandcarol IN 2014
RVM67 MoeBelly PA
RVM68 myshaggydog FL
RVM69 SarahW TX
RVM70 Bruadair ID
RVM71 Pepper 2 MI
RVM72 homeless MO
RVM73 jnebowman TX
RVM74 PushedAround PA
RVM75 WAGM OK
RVM76 BA-in-Mich MI
RVM77 Sohapi WA
RVM78 plasma800
RVM79 rayandjan TX
RVM80 Crowded Camper NM
RVM81 Glassalley52 VA
RVM82 RayJag
RVM83 Damon Diva CA
RVM84 honkytonkinn
RVM85 Kallencbt
RVM86 xctraveler
RVM87 dieseltech39
RVM88 FRasco FL
RVM89 MPH TX
RVM 90 MsHappy Camper MS
RVM91 HSVBamaBob Al
RVM 92 SteinJef PA
RVM93 Heath.Padget TX FT
RVM94 BevRedmond TX
RVM95 Clayobx FL
RVM96 Dmorgan6375 NC
RVM97 Badlands CA
RVM98 DCHeck Tx
RVM99 bokobird CT
RVM100 Rakuwoman MO
RVM101 Snybe WV
RVM102 taffrail TX

( Bet ya didn't think I could do it aye Herb. )

RVM2
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:07 PM   #27534
RVM1

R U an RV Mutant too?

A hunnert an too RVMs.
That makes for over 200 folks on the same Rainbow!
And there is CL 1.2.
There will be food and laughter and such stuff, but only too much of each!
And then there is......the Kimono!!!!Again, what secrets, what wonders of RVMville from within the Kimono shall be revealed to those that get themselves to CL? (Warning: RVM participation will be drafted into the cast).
We will be there on April 14th, the second anniversary of the beginning of the beginning of RVMdom, of the Rainbow rides, and so on....

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:08 PM   #27535

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
As usual, Wayne and Earlene were most excellent hosts. We got together in New Braunfels at a Japanese steak house and had a nice lunch. After that Wayne & Earlene took us on a guided tour around the area including a drive up to Canyon Lake dam, down along the Guadalupe River on River Road and into Gruene. What a great afternoon indeed.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #27536
RVM1

Quote:
Ya...I hang out with you. Pretty much rules out being normal.

Since when did "normal" exist, let alone belong, on the Rainbow?

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #27537
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
As usual, Wayne and Earlene were most excellent hosts. We got together in New Braunfels at a Japanese steak house and had a nice lunch. After that Wayne & Earlene took us on a guided tour around the area including a drive up to Canyon Lake dam, down along the Guadalupe River on River Road and into Gruene. What a great afternoon indeed.
The pleasure was all ours, fer sure!
And the proof is in the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	steak.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	351.1 KB
ID:	80229   Click image for larger version

Name:	canyon.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	337.4 KB
ID:	80230  

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #27538

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:

Don haven't you and Sandy been thru enough lately? I warned you bout letting Wayne drive anywhere....you must be more careful brother!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum