Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #2745

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
..... snipped from another thread..... Steve, Maybe I can convert her to Mutant form.
Wayne - we're kind of like PBS used to be - and don't advertise the RVM thread and mutant way. We mutants must be "self discovered and then self-identify". But there are subtle ways of informing an inquiring mind. You have to be it - want it - proclaim it. That's the only way a mutant can truly be one with the RVMdom.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #2746

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
...There is an assumption that mutants may not be in their profile location and especially high probability that SD residents are not. Hmm... Another ponder comes along. ...
HMMMM...we are evidence that many SD residents are not in SD. It is still odd to us that we find ourselves emigrating from IL to...well...anywhere we choose to be.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #2747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
The visitor center and area around it are very nice and informative. The cinder flows are well preserved.

My first rail was a 1385 single port with a 2bbl. Didn't even know about the dunes, but I did flat tow it to Rockey Point a couple of times.
I was always inclined to motorcycles vs the rails/truck/buggy's. There used to be regular 100 mile desert races here that you could compete in. They were more 'local' events than the bigger commercial ones, like the Mint 400.

BLM eventually closed off the majority of areas you could ride in (pretty much all of them) and now everything has moved to stadium events.

My brother was out with my nephew on their dirt bikes and went in the wrong area, received a 500 citation for riding on BLM land. He was pretty upset...

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #2748

I had my off-road motorcycle and quad days.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #2749

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Re: Unusual activity. I just thought it was bizarre that the card was stopped in the USA, since it was a US account and I was performing the suspicious act of buying food! Still trying to figure out the Dual Visa/debit aspect. Sometimes I was asked to sign like a Visa card and other times had to enter my PIN number. Maybe it depends on which system the merchant uses? On Canadian bank acccounts the debit card is tied to bank account(s) and VISA is a separate entity, i.e. you use one card or the other. To complicate things further, I have a Canadian "Visa/debit" card on my Canadian account that can only be used for online or phone purchases made from companies in the States. I use it like a VISA card but the funds come directly out of my bank account, Curiouser and curiouser!
No when we travel we have to call our CD companies and let them know. We went on a weekend trip to Phoenix (2 days) and the card was stopped on our second fill up in AZ. The CD compaines are pretty concerned about stolen cards/ID's.

And as was mentioned somewhere else. Yes, they will stop payment on a Dr./Hospital bill. Happened to me in Phoenix. Tried to use my card for the deductible.

Better that then one time in 2007 when I found 2,890.00 of charges on a card of mine that had been copied. Was eventually traced to a server at a restaurant we used... don't let your card out of site.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #2750

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Re: Unusual activity. I just thought it was bizarre that the card was stopped in the USA, since it was a US account and I was performing the suspicious act of buying food! Still trying to figure out the Dual Visa/debit aspect. Sometimes I was asked to sign like a Visa card and other times had to enter my PIN number. Maybe it depends on which system the merchant uses? On Canadian bank acccounts the debit card is tied to bank account(s) and VISA is a separate entity, i.e. you use one card or the other. To complicate things further, I have a Canadian "Visa/debit" card on my Canadian account that can only be used for online or phone purchases made from companies in the States. I use it like a VISA card but the funds come directly out of my bank account, Curiouser and curiouser!
Visa debt cards are tied to a bank account (no credit involved) and can be used either way depending on the merchant. Some merchants don't have the ability to take PIN numbers, some want that signature on a receipt, etc. The biggest difference is, if someone gets your card number or card and uses it your account could be drained before you are aware of it. Even though you can contest the charges, your money is still gone until the bank decides to put it back. As a result we don't use the debit card very much.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #2751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Any green vegetables, like collard greens, mustard greens, spinach, beet greens, etc. I just like the natural flavor of those items - with lots of butter.

Boy am I going to take it for this post.
Nope nope nope, gotta have bacon bits on my salad/greens. I'm not much for green (except for green jello).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #2752

Because of stories like that, I have never used any card as a debit card.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #2753

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I grew up eating all sorts of greens, including all of your list plus dandelion.
The best was beet greens. Always plant too many so you must thin them! And butter, but also vinegar.
Brother in law makes a great dandelion wine, about the only time I indulge in dandelions..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #2754

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ok Y'all,

I'll represent the non-greens eaters here and tell you that the addition of liver brings this discussion to gag status. I haven't had breakfast yet, but suddenly I'm not hungry.
Yea, greens can ruin a perfectly cooked liver!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #2755

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Wayne - we're kind of like PBS used to be - and don't advertise the RVM thread and mutant way. We mutants must be "self discovered and then self-identify". But there are subtle ways of informing an inquiring mind. You have to be it - want it - proclaim it. That's the only way a mutant can truly be one with the RVMdom.
I thought that RVMdom was kinda like the Borg?

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #2756

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
I thought that RVMdom was kinda like the Borg?

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

It is indeed - but not necessary to post in another thread - "Hey, you should check out the Are You An RV Mutant thread. I think you'd fit right in".

As many times as this thread pops to the top of the list as "New" or "Since Last Visit" etc - if someone doesn't see it and click - even overtly pointing it out, they may not get it.

One of the innate characteristics of the RVM is a sense of "curiosity" and an inquiring mind. If we have to hit them over the head with it, next thing ya know they'll have us washing and waxing their and our coaches needlessly or some such.

We all found our way to the rainbow.... No GPS required. Lol.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #2757

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
It is indeed - but not necessary to post in another thread - "Hey, you should check out the Are You An RV Mutant thread. I think you'd fit right in".

As many times as this thread pops to the top of the list as "New" or "Since Last Visit" etc - if someone doesn't see it and click - even overtly pointing it out, they may not get it.

One of the innate characteristics of the RVM is a sense of "curiosity" and an inquiring mind. If we have to hit them over the head with it, next thing ya know they'll have us washing and waxing their and our coaches needlessly or some such.

We all found our way to the rainbow.... No GPS required. Lol.
Heck, I have no idea what happened I ws just following the leads of Wayne and Les.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #2758

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
Heck, I have no idea what happened I ws just following the leads of Wayne and Les.
Let's see - and no offense intended - Wayne drove his car to Cal and his Motorhome is back home in Texas and Les... Are you sure your following the right mutants? :whistleing: