Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2014, 09:16 PM   #27805

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
We finally got into a state park. And M. was white-knuckled the whole way. The info given was incomplete and no park map, so we made a wrong turn ... into a dead end. M. made the biiig U-turn around some trees and got us out, including a little backing with the toad attached. Clo-o-se!

LSS (long story short), we finally found and he got us parked in the back-in slot. That was the easy part.

Whee-ew! Now we get 3 days to recover. Firewood at the ready, a cane crushing event at a nearby historical farm on Sat., and a fridge fulla food. Best, for me: trees, space, and air that smells of air rather than diesel fumes.

Happy campers. 😀🔥✨👍
"If we hope to go anywhere or develop ourselves in any way, we can only step from where we are standing. If we don't really know where we are standing... We may only go in circles..."

Jon Kabat-Zinn,*Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #27806
RVM1

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
"If we hope to go anywhere or develop ourselves in any way, we can only step from where we are standing. If we don't really know where we are standing... We may only go in circles..."

Jon Kabat-Zinn,*Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life

Rephrased:
Wherever you Mutate, there you are: Mutantfulness Mutantation in everyday Mutantdom.
I like it.
Me

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #27807

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Gunny Update

Gunny is home with us. YAAAAAAA!

The immediate issue with the pneumonia appears to be under control. He will be taking 2 antibiotics for a week and then continue with one of them for 30 days. We will follow up in a few weeks with another chest X-ray to make sure it is all gone. He is eating and drinking much more normal now but occasionally coughs. The cough is expected for a little bit longer.

Sadly, Gunny will probably not be with us for as long as we wish. I really hope I am wrong but there just seems a lot of stuff hitting him. He has developed signs of arthritis in his front shoulders along with the arthritis/hip dysplasia in the rear hips. Along with that he is showing signs of muscle loss around the shoulders and hips due to his trouble getting meaningful exercise because of his pain. We are working on the latter and think we have the pain under control for the time being. That will really depend on how he tolerates the pain meds since the primary drug of choice can be hard on the stomach. We think the laser therapy he has received has been helpful in keeping that dosage down to a minimum. We just need a few days of bland diet before we can re-introduce those meds as needed.

Adding to this all is our belief that he is in the beginning to middle stages of the affects caused by Degenerative Myelopathy. There is no way to know how quickly this disease will progress. It is a sad disease much like human ALS it take away motor control. It starts at the tail and works progressively forward to the brain stem. There is little in the way of treating it and no cure. We lost one other GSD to DM and all I can say is that it sucks.

The treatments over the last few days were not cheap. Let's just say that it is in the 4 digit range. Yet, he is my good boy and I can't give up a single day as long as he isn't in pain. As long as his eyes light up and his ears stand at attention when he sees me, I will help him live a good life. However he, like all of the fur kids to come before and yet to come, will have to make his own journey over the Rainbow Bridge. We don't know when so we will just push forward for as long as we can.

I don't mean to sound like a downer but I know I do. I just know that I am amongst friends. While some folks don't quite understand it but are none-the-less supportive, others will totally understand.

But...for now we are happy because Gunny is home where he belongs. As I sit here typing this, he is laying on the floor next to my recliner and the world is right-side-up as is should be.

I know you all care so there is no real need to add postings because you have done that a few times already. I just wanted our friends to have a bigger picture of what we are working through.

THANKS!
Old 12-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #27808

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We love you Gunny...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1417750820986.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	80531  
Old 12-04-2014, 09:53 PM   #27809
RVM1

Don and Sandee, please provide several head pats to my fav E-7 pup.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:59 PM   #27810

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The other day I met RVM102...
We had a bit of a mini-C... and what's a shame is --- he and Elaine were right there with us in Rockport while the FEPTDF&C were in the works... this is Redding...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1417751941725.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	80532  
Old 12-04-2014, 11:20 PM   #27811
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don and Sandee,
As mean as she is, Miya sends her best to Gunny.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:24 PM   #27812

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
The other day I met RVM102...
We had a bit of a mini-C... and what's a shame is --- he and Elaine were right there with us in Rockport while the FEPTDF&C were in the works... this is Redding...
Certainly looks like he'll fit in with the rest of the mutants!
Old 12-04-2014, 11:25 PM   #27813

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
Greetings Mutants. It finally rained in So. California. The rainbow is Phenomenal.

Mark
Whoa!Long time no see #54! Welcome home!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:29 PM   #27814

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Marty... is there a picture of you singing to the new arrival... ???

Steve - It was great talking to you today. :thumbup:

Don - you're right about those tamales!! The spicy pork tamales have a kick. The chicken cheese - nice and mild - but the spicy pork ummm hmmm. Regular pork are down right tasty. We have leftovers but they'll be gone before you get here.

Tim... be sure to keep some of that deer sausage back for Redux!

Ummm... nope... I didn't go see him today, he comes home tomorrow so I might slip over there for a minute to "hi" him, and my son and his wife of course.... he had a lot of other visitors today, my other sons and their women....LOL!
Old 12-04-2014, 11:29 PM   #27815

Fleetwood Owners Club
Marty how far does the new grand live from you?
Old 12-04-2014, 11:33 PM   #27816

Vintage RV Owners Club
You know , Don... you are a good man... I can tell by the way you treat your fur boy...
Old 12-05-2014, 12:14 AM   #27817

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gunny is a lucky dog.

Congratulations and thanks Don and Sandee
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:48 AM   #27818
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Don, I am in the "totally understands" group. I have a 13 year old Springer in the same boat. Not sure if he'll make it through till the GC in April, but I hope so. Dogs bring so much joy throughout their lives that it is worth the pain of seeing them go.