Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2014, 06:25 AM   #27861

That sounds like a very active park Steve, how you gonna sneak in OMNT'S. Also what park is it?? We're considering RGV for next year. Is it there? Met an ex-submariner yesterday who spent last winter there, but didn't like constant wind. True??
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2014, 07:17 AM   #27862

Happy birthday possum

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:24 AM   #27863

I been having so much fun. Here it's nice to be warm in the winter. Met so many nice people and a few snobs. But the nice ones over come the others shara is feeling better not 100% but getting better. My knee is still hurting but all the fun here is great. And I think I found a new sport I want to get in to. Power gliding. Ever since the Grandpoba brought us out to sky arizona I've been looking in to ways to fly. And welcome to the new mutants.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #27864

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
That sounds like a very active park Steve, how you gonna sneak in OMNT'S. Also what park is it?? We're considering RGV for next year. Is it there? Met an ex-submariner yesterday who spent last winter there, but didn't like constant wind. True??
We are indeed in the RGV. The park is Tip O Texas. The company owns several here in RGV - ours is in Pharr - and right off 281. They also have some parks in Florida but not sure where.

There is some highway noise - but not a problem. The sites are typically narrow which appears normal for the valley. We will shop around while down here but have met folks that have come here for years and years. That says something.

We have been able to make a nice outdoor living area on the site and it's really all we need this winter. As for the wind - it is calm now - blew some yesterday - haven't been here long enough to say anything other than the usual Texas saying - Don't like the weather - wait a minute. It'll change.

We have had light rain - sunshine - clouds - light wind - no wind - 20 mph wind - lol. I keep reminding Annie - hey its winter - this isn't the best weather the place has to offer - that's spring and fall like ever where else. Compare it to elsewhere - not to itself. It is an improvement over DFW!

The people here are all very nice - and some of our neighbors went to Mexico yesterday - not sure where - but it was the annual Winter Texan Appreciation Day. They said the town closes off streets and has mariachi bands and sales etc. Said there is another - good by or something in the spring. We didn't know about it or we would have gone.

Every Monday morning at 9 am. there is a weekly update meeting in the guest center. We will go Monday to see what it's about assuming we're up in time

Part of what sold us on the place was the amenities - and part was location relative to leaving Dallas - and course wanting to have a curiosity in Rockport on the way down. Then there was the pricing cherry on top. First time guests in one of their properties got the buy 3 months get the 4th month free deal. 4 months for $1,753 ($200 deposit - balance due at check in) + $0.13 kwh electric. Don't know how much electric we will use but it could be we come in around $550 a month.

So that's the long winded RVM2 story of the RGV for the moment - that and Delia's tamales - 2 1/2 dozen $20. 1 dozen pork - 1 dozen chicken and cheese - 1/2 dozen spicy pork. With green and red salsa for dipping. I couldn't wait for a plate...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1417879529472.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	80615  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:27 AM   #27865

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
No, we're still trying to get settled and I need to find someone to go yakking with. I'm too nervous about gators to take Lily with me and not crazy about going alone. Have you heard? There are gators in the waters around here!!!

Ketchin up from yesterday .... I've been told repeatedly not to yak alone, & I take it very seriously. Too bad M. doesn't care for it. There are some beautiful stretches of water here that make me itch to grab paddle and skedaddle.

Oh yes: In FL, if there's water, there's a 'gator!
Old 12-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #27866

Quote:
Hey, be kind to the bats. They eat thousands of mosquitos every night. Think of them as friends.

Absotootly! The only bad bat is either cracked or rabid.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:32 AM   #27867

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Ketchin up from yesterday .... I've been told repeatedly not to yak alone, & I take it very seriously. Too bad M. doesn't care for it. There are some beautiful stretches of water here that make me itch to grab paddle and skedaddle.

Oh yes: In FL, if there's water, there's a 'gator!
My High School Mascot...
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2014, 08:34 AM   #27868

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
Hey Sue where is this park?? Looks nice.

Hi, you two!

O'Leno is a few miles off I-75 west of Gainesville. High Springs is the closest town. $20/night. No noise except cars w/in the park, neighbors' conversations, and crickets at night.

M. says to look out for a pm from him. He's reading a book based around a nuclear sub.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #27869

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
I been having so much fun. Here it's nice to be warm in the winter. Met so many nice people and a few snobs. But the nice ones over come the others shara is feeling better not 100% but getting better. My knee is still hurting but all the fun here is great. And I think I found a new sport I want to get in to. Power gliding. Ever since the Grandpoba brought us out to sky arizona I've been looking in to ways to fly. And welcome to the new mutants.
Hey you two! Glad you're having fun and both on the mend. !!

Do power gliders have landing gear or will you use your knees for that???
Old 12-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #27870

Vintage RV Owners Club
Dwayne... you talking this? Bob had this

and then switched to this
Old 12-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #27871

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Marty,

Just curious -- why did Bob switch flying machines?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:04 PM   #27872

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Happy birthday possum
Thanks, I appreciate the good thoughts. You two keep up the good healing too.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #27873

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Barb, are you and Sena considering a change of alternate travel?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #27874

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Marty,

Just curious -- why did Bob switch flying machines?
When he was learning, he was practicing taking off and landing with his instructor, they caught some crosswinds when landing and thought they should change to a touch and go and Bob asked the instructor to take over control, and he didn't soon enough and they looked up and there were power lines in the way to go back up , but down below there was a fence , mailbox and they ended up with the nose stuck through the side of the hanger... so he decided maybe something a little slower was going to be better... and he sold it after he learned how to patch up the fiberglass...and bought the powerchute instead. He is thinking about going back and finishing his training on the other with a different instructor, maybe in TX someplace.... was going to do that earlier this year, but weather didn't cooperate....