Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #2787

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I took the kayak out into the Columbia River this morning. After about 30 mins my butt was asleep from sitting on the hard seat so I decided it was time to buy the padded gel seat cushion I have been considering.

Look at the writing on the cushion. Who knew there are mutant yak paddle saddles?

Amazon.com: Yakpads Gel-Filled Paddle Saddle: Sports & Outdoors
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #2788

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
I took the kayak out into the Columbia River this morning. After about 30 mins my butt was asleep from sitting on the hard seat so I decided it was time to buy the padded gel seat cushion I have been considering.

Look at the writing on the cushion. Who knew there are mutant yak paddle saddles?

Amazon.com: Yakpads Gel-Filled Paddle Saddle: Sports & Outdoors
The Journey Matters - the Mutant Kayakers equivalent of the RVMs Journey is the Destination. It makes sense to me!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #2789

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ponder this mutants, one and all... we are on page 200.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #2790

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Ponder this mutants, one and all... we are on page 200.
Yes and without any reprimands (that I know of) so far. Mutants are well-behaved, and always on topic!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #2791

Which topic? There are so many things to ponder in the universe. “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #2792

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti
Which topic? There are so many things to ponder in the universe. “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux
We are indeed a well behaved group of self actualized mutants. Nary a wag of the finger nor admonishment since kicking it off back in April. I have expressed my pride of this several times before. Aside from our fine mutant qualities - I think it's because Ya Gotta Wanna Beehair. And - we mutants do not hide behind the anonymity of the Internet. We come out into the open - share what we don't have and don't miss - we drop pretense at the door to the RVMdom and accept that the journey is the destination. Hard to be ugly or OT when you know you're among your mutant friends. But I do suspect an all Mutant Curiosity (mutant rally for new mutants benefit) could be a little on the wild side.... Lots of pent up excitement over such a auspicious occasion. Just sayin!
RVM2
Old 08-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #2793

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
MartySQ - saw your Honey roof thread. I can't believe you are tackling that yourself. DH must have an important task at hand! If I were closer I would hold the ladder and pass ya things. I think ya got a good piece of advice on getting an electric all purpose tool from Sears. Like all paint and coating jobs - once ya have her prepped the rest will come easy. Best of luck!
RVM2
Old 08-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #2794

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
MartySQ - saw your Honey roof thread. I can't believe you are tackling that yourself. DH must have an important task at hand! If I were closer I would hold the ladder and pass ya things. I think ya got a good piece of advice on getting an electric all purpose tool from Sears. Like all paint and coating jobs - once ya have her prepped the rest will come easy. Best of luck!
RVM2
To me that whole statement above is just your expressly polite way of informing MartySQ that you are inbound to drink all the beer. Find out if they have scotch and I'll offer to assist also.

Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #2795

Vintage RV Owners Club
You fellas are a piece of work...LOL!
Speaking of the ladder, I just about knocked myself off of it pulling that tape stuff off this afternoon...LOL... guess that multi tool is a good idea...

Hubby has his Powered parachute he is always tinkering on.. he does the maintenece on it himself and helps with some stuff on my toy, (Honey), but then, I help a little on his toy when asked to also. Don't worry, I'll ask when I need to. I'd feel better with scaffolding around her even if she is only 10 ft tall minus the AC, but I'll be ok. Little bit by little bit will get the job done.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #2796

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
To me that whole statement above is just your expressly polite way of informing MartySQ that you are inbound to drink all the beer. Find out if they have scotch and I'll offer to assist also.

Meet ya there. I'm closer so give me the high sign when you're half way there.

Note: I get a chuckle every time I see your new El Kabong avatar.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:22 AM   #2797

What be this Craftsman all-purpose tool anyway. Is it something similar to the Binford 2000?

As to the roof restoration/fixing on Honey: I second the scaffolding idea. Ladders and my "big bird" frame do not get along.

How about some details on the exact nature of the roof leak problem. Maybe we can toss out some advice since many of us are familiar with such fixing. Advice is free ... labor cost is adjusted to the price of beverages.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #2798

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover
What be this Craftsman all-purpose tool anyway. Is it something similar to the Binford 2000?

As to the roof restoration/fixing on Honey: I second the scaffolding idea. Ladders and my "big bird" frame do not get along.

How about some details on the exact nature of the roof leak problem. Maybe we can toss out some advice since many of us are familiar with such fixing. Advice is free ... labor cost is adjusted to the price of beverages.
It is the Binford 2013. Check out her thread Honey Sprung a Leak. Pictures included. Big job for a Big Bird. Possum is on his way - LOL.

On Edit: actually it's an Oscillating Multi Tool that includes a scraper - that will get under the gunk and get if off faster and easier than a trowel or putty knife.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #2799

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hello:
My name is Leo and my wife of 34 years is named Cindy and WE are RV Mutants.

There us stuff that we don't have that we don't need.

Our coach does not have a hot tub and we don't miss it.

The Journey is My Destination.

What a group this is.

Cheers
Leo and Cindy
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #2800

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrushl
Hello:
My name is Leo and my wife of 34 years is named Cindy and WE are RV Mutants.

There us stuff that we don't have that we don't need.

Our coach does not have a hot tub and we don't miss it.

The Journey is My Destination.

What a group this is.

Cheers
Leo and Cindy
Leo and Cindy - thrushl... Congratulations on finding your way into the RVMdom. You have successfully met the requirements to be know hereafter known as RVM46 with all rights and privileges. Use them wisely as you journey through the RVMdom. We are glad to have you among the group.

Hope your tranny - diff and all have been successfully repaired, aligned, and filled with Transyd and fresh filters!

We look forward to your posts and ponders!
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie

On Edit - if you haven't done so - read the first few posts to this thread for the full story behind the RVM way. RVM1 - Dave should be along shortly to welcome you. As will others!