Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #2801

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Leo and Cindy - thrushl... Congratulations on finding your way into the RVMdom. You have successfully met the requirements to be know hereafter known as RVM46 with all rights and privileges. Use them wisely as you journey through the RVMdom. We are glad to have you among the group.

Hope your tranny - diff and all have been successfully repaired, aligned, and filled with Transyd and fresh filters!

We look forward to your posts and ponders!
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie

On Edit - if you haven't done so - read the first few posts to this thread for the full story behind the RVM way. RVM1 - Dave should be along shortly to welcome you. As will others!

Thank you so much. We have been reading this for some time and in fact started at the beginning. It is an honor to be part of such a fine intellectual group.
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrushl View Post
Thank you so much. We have been reading this for some time and in fact started at the beginning. It is an honor to be part of such a fine intellectual group.
Welcome! I think you will find many things to ponder...

Such as.. a hot tub... what a concept. Seen them in our limo's out here in Vegas, but never in an RV!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:28 AM   #2803

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post
Welcome! I think you will find many things to ponder...

Such as.. a hot tub... what a concept. Seen them in our limo's out here in Vegas, but never in an RV!

We have pondered such a thing and will surly see how to do one soon on "Rock my RV" but then it will be one more thing to maintain and not use just like the one at the brick house of yester year... They turn a cool green given enough time and lack of maintenance....
Old 08-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #2804

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrushl

Then you know what you've gotten yourself into! on having read from the beginning. Sometimes I think only Dave and I have experienced that and lived to tell of it while managing to only drink in moderation.

We have assembled a great group of mutants. When I read back, I'm a little saddened that some very wise and witty mutants have been away so long. Our resident banjo picker, 4kids and several others are hopefully still mutating and on the journey across the great mutant rainbow.

Again - thanks for traveling RVM. We know you have other choices available. We appreciate your mutating with us. Now - off to see Bonita Bounder at storage. Readying for the next journey.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #2805

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrushl View Post
Hello:
My name is Leo and my wife of 34 years is named Cindy and WE are RV Mutants.
Welcome friends!

I noticed from reading another thread that you are (or were) reworking battery cables. Been there myself.

By the way, my wife's name is Cyndy, but she also spells it Cindy.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #2806

Things do move fast here. I started reading at the beginning, by the time my slow fingers typed out what I didn't need or miss, I was already at RVM19

We did a 4200 mile trip this summer, and did miss quite a bit due to a depressingly lack of wireless internet floating through the countryside.. talk about trying to catch up!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #2807

Welcome to you Leo and Cindy,

I wish you many wonderful ponderances while you are here, and hopefully you will always have one you wish to share as well...

Cheers !!!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #2808

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to RVMdom Leo and Cindy! A finer group there is not on these pages. Enjoy, but one word of caution: things move fast on this side of the rainbow. It is wise to read these pages at least twice or thrice daily, and by all means don't skip any days unless totally unavoidable. Playing catch-up is painful.

If you sport a mascot in your coach, please have them check-in with our head mascot, Sena. There is no deadline on mascot check-in as Sena is currently out catching and eating spiders and other flying/creeping/crawling critters.

And remember it is not necessary to secure your tray tables or return your seats to their upright position.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #2809

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^ Hi Barb. Ya know next time Sena is feeling photogenic - snap us a new pic. Would love to see her playing in the PNW!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #2810

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Will do, Steve. Right after a nap. Went kayaking again and am pooped. Sena won't come down to the beach, but Lily LOVES to run in the water and in the sand. She even rode with me in the kayak.

Are there any other mutants who calm water kayak? I'm finding it great fun and a lot more of an upper body workout than I imagined. Not to be cheated, the lower body joins in as I drag the yak to and from the beach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #2811

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well one never knows what they may find when mutating around small towns. Today Bonita Bounder found a 90 degree left turn into a gated ranch, and a nice right curve into a wide but decidedly dead end at a home with a long driveway. So around the turn we go. Oops - not quite wide enough to 3 or 4 point out. Hello Reverse - here we come gate. Annie was great at guiding Bonita right through that gate. Hello Drive and away we go! I love me some 55 degree turning radius. And - Annie has fast become a fine guide. We are still pondering the right GPS for her navigator role. I would probably be fine with any GPS but I want her to choose the one she likes best. Next we have to get her behind the wheel! I know she can do it.

So more poking and mutating around we go and and what does Annie see - and tell me to turn left there. You got it - a historic site in small town Texas and an RVM magnet.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-884357704.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	510.8 KB
ID:	45114
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Old 08-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #2812

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Then you know what you've gotten yourself into! on having read from the beginning. Sometimes I think only Dave and I have experienced that and lived to tell of it while managing to only drink in moderation.

We have assembled a great group of mutants. When I read back, I'm a little saddened that some very wise and witty mutants have been away so long. Our resident banjo picker, 4kids and several others are hopefully still mutating and on the journey across the great mutant rainbow.

Again - thanks for traveling RVM. We know you have other choices available. We appreciate your mutating with us. Now - off to see Bonita Bounder at storage. Readying for the next journey.
Thanks for the warm welcome....
Old 08-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #2813

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Welcome to RVMdom Leo and Cindy! A finer group there is not on these pages. Enjoy, but one word of caution: things move fast on this side of the rainbow. It is wise to read these pages at least twice or thrice daily, and by all means don't skip any days unless totally unavoidable. Playing catch-up is painful.

If you sport a mascot in your coach, please have them check-in with our head mascot, Sena. There is no deadline on mascot check-in as Sena is currently out catching and eating spiders and other flying/creeping/crawling critters.

And remember it is not necessary to secure your tray tables or return your seats to their upright position.

Thanks for the welcomed and sound advice. If I read these post after my naps, that will give me five or six times a day.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:28 PM   #2814

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Welcome friends!

I noticed from reading another thread that you are (or were) reworking battery cables. Been there myself.

By the way, my wife's name is Cyndy, but she also spells it Cindy.

I was cleaning batteries and had one cable come apart. After careful evaluation and proper contemplation, or was it conspitation; o well, I decided that it was a good preventive maintenance step before it got me into trouble.

If I do a few cables at a time, it will not seem to be like work and I should be able to stretch the effort for six months or so. You know, so I don't have to work on anything else, eh?