Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2014, 09:37 PM   #28253

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
^^^ Wait... Possum - didn't I talk to you Friday??? You sounded good then and didn't mention being in pain... sorry to hear about that.

You and DaveDeb1 suffer in silence and then tell us post - "Man that hurts!"

Ommms to you both from Steve and Annie.
Sorry, before I loaded a ton and a half of canned goods and non perishables into the trailer it wasn't all that sore. The lump and severe swelling happened after we chatted.

The good news was that I now know first hand just how great the doctors and staff here at West Coast General Hospital really are. The young lady in the recovery room had me in stitches even when I told her that it hurt to laugh and then we got going on 'stitches' which was really hilarious, but you had to be there to get the silliness of the jokes.

I feel slightly sore right now but extremely grateful for the care I was given and the wonderful people looking out for my (our) welfare. .

I asked to be discharged ASAP because I am preparing an application for funding for our Soup Kitchen's kitchen, and that has to go for approval on Monday.

I'll call you tomorrow or the next day when I get my head cleared and less rattled by the anesthetic.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #28254

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Tim, this is my rendition that won Denise and I first place in the first ever Tackey Tourist Contest here in Port Alberni.

BTW its OK to admit that you really don't stand a chance in the ugly wearing a Hawaiian shirt contest.

Sue ST - Small Tent.

P.S. Y'all should be really happy my pink and yellow shorts ain't showing. They were definitely the winning part of my ensemble.

What are you calling Tacky?
Looks like a nice evening out on the town around here!
You know I think I have that same shirt! Lol
Old 12-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #28255

Solo Rvers Club
WOW!! You STMs gotta be careful out there!! Ohmmmmmmms to all that need them....especially Don, Dennis, Papa Steve and Annie!!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #28256

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
That's right Sue, with the all important GC@CL Redux 1.2 April 15-22., at Catherine's Landing in Hot Springs, AR these folks have got to stay healthy!

All of the fun, games, food, stories and fashion shows will be much more fun with healthy mutants.

As you know, all mutants are invited to this fun!

Yep, that's a shameless promotion, but true!
And don't forget the blues and other tunes by the Paul Byrd Band making a repeat GC appearance. I talked to Paul yesterday and he and the boys can't wait to mutate with us once again... :thumbup:
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #28257

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Dave, Friday morning I awoke with a nasty abdominal pain. Spent the day wandering town towing my utility trailer gathering food from donors, for the shelter I volunteer at. After supper Friday the pain was quite bad so I went to the neighbourhood walk in clinic and the doctor once he saw me admonished me for not going straight to the hospital. Anyway at 10:00 pm I awoke in recovery with an innie instead of an outie. g:
Oh man so sorry to hear about that! Sounds painful! Mine were the Inguinal type down by the groin. I had them both done, and had to stay overnight to recover. I can really do much for the next 4 weeks, not even drive. I'm Leaving here for Yuma Jan 1st, so I will drive anyway. I'll just take it easy.
Bet that innie sure looks better than the outie, huh?
Take care.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:52 PM   #28258

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Oh man so sorry to hear about that! Sounds painful! Mine were the Inguinal type down by the groin. I had them both done, and had to stay overnight to recover. I can really do much for the next 4 weeks, not even drive. I'm Leaving here for Yuma Jan 1st, so I will drive anyway. I'll just take it easy.
Bet that innie sure looks better than the outie, huh?
Take care.
Alert alert alert - herniated mutant driving... the world needs more lerts.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:00 PM   #28259

Fleetwood Owners Club
The part I have trouble understanding about Dennis and Dave's predicament is The Heavy Lifting.

I'm confident this hernia condition will not be a problem for me. Heavy Lifting, yeah, that's not going to happen!
Old 12-14-2014, 10:16 PM   #28260

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
WOW!! You STMs gotta be careful out there!! Ohmmmmmmms to all that need them....especially Don, Dennis, Papa Steve and Annie!!
Annie says thanks Ken! So do I. CU@GC1.2
Old 12-15-2014, 12:27 AM   #28261

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Ken
Thanks for the kind words.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:23 AM   #28262

Innie, outie, high, low.... Be careful.... Surgery is surgery is surgery...... Sorry....

Steve, tell Annie that Larry is still coughing......

Dang i sure hate mumus..... Think id rather go hawaiian shirt.....

Think we need to do senior citizen pj party with smores round the campfire....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:36 AM   #28263

Quote:
That's right Sue, with the all important GC@CL Redux 1.2 April 15-22., at Catherine's Landing in Hot Springs, AR these folks have got to stay healthy!

All of the fun, games, food, stories and fashion shows will be much more fun with healthy mutants.

As you know, all mutants are invited to this fun!

Yep, that's a shameless promotion, but true!

Any excuse, Tim, any excuse! 😎
Old 12-15-2014, 06:44 AM   #28264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Innie, outie, high, low.... Be careful.... Surgery is surgery is surgery...... Sorry....

Steve, tell Annie that Larry is still coughing......

Dang i sure hate mumus..... Think id rather go hawaiian shirt.....

Think we need to do senior citizen pj party with smores round the campfire....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Wear yer muumuu AND yer shirt!

I'll toast a marshmallow and then toast our hosts, then my friends present, then friends absent, then the CG, then ....
Old 12-15-2014, 06:48 AM   #28265
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Ha Les, when we get the GC out to Idaho, you and the other Canuks are going to host this thing with great Canadian games, contest and general mutant ness right?
It's still in the US.
But, I'm sure Possum has lots up his sleeve.

Hockey Night in Idaho! LOL
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:22 AM   #28266

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning mutants! Getting that all important first cuppa down the hatch and watching the park slowly come alive.

It's 67 degrees - with a dew point a few degrees lower (read damp) with a bit of wind and headed to 80 today. Not too shabby but probably not dry enough for Annies sinus condition.

Wondering if anyone noticed Tim dangled an Idaho GC 2.0 idea yesterday. We - as a group haven't discussed this much and I promised to work on it in December. Well here I sit having done little to nothing toward the second Grande Curiosity except ponder.

I believe I have posted these two possible locations in Idaho before and have been to neither.

RVM10 - aka seldom seen or heard from - except when he mini-Cs with Barb, Sena, Dave and Nola... lol - or answers the phone when I call - or pops in unexpectedly - recommended:
Indian Springs - American Falls Idaho
http://indianspringsresortandrv.com/

After I mentioned McCall RV Resort - McCall Idaho to him:
http://www.g7rvresorts.com/idaho/mccall-rv-resort/

We have several mutants doing a west coast tour in Summer 2015 - migratory mutants - Jeff and Marcia - Dave and Nola - Steve and Annie - possibly DaveDeb1 and others will likely be headed to Aridzona for the winter and a northern approach from Idaho could potentially work for them. And of course the intrepid Barb and Sena may be heading to Washimgton again for the winter. We have 2 Canadian mutants in particular that could make the trip distance wise provided timing is right. And did I mention Idaho is beautiful.

As far as dates go Mid August to Mid September seem to work but open to suggestions. We are planning to go to Idaho from Illinois - so places near or in between and earlier dates could work for us.

Rather than bog this thread down - I will do my best to get the laptop fired up this week and get the website updated and rolling so we can use it and the emailing list for ideas and communication / planning... Remember the website. Well the Temps have basically let it sit there and do nothing for months so I will be speaking to them about that.

I know some suggestions have been submitted for locations and need to refresh my brain there. More to come and I while we can't wait for GC 1.2 to arrive - the prospect of Grande Curiosity 2.0 is pretty exciting to me. Working toward that while full timing should be fun!

www.rvmutants.com for a refresher...

Enjoy the rainbow while ya can. You only get one shot at it.

The journey is the destination!
RVM2
Steve and Annie