Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-30-2014, 08:45 AM   #29037
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
ZeeLarry.. next time you have a chance... tell me how you replaced your mirror doors in the bathroom closet. Would like to do that as we are not fans of mirror doors.... pics if you have em... thanks.
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2014, 08:59 AM   #29038
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
ZeeLarry.. next time you have a chance... tell me how you replaced your mirror doors in the bathroom closet. Would like to do that as we are not fans of mirror doors.... pics if you have em... thanks.
So, you moving the mirrors to the ceiling?

Step 1) Take large hammer to tap hevaly on mirror.
Step 2) Hollar ops real loud followed by " Annie will you clean up this broken glass while I run to hardware.
Step 3) well your on your on, I never make it to step 3, maybe Larry will have a better idea!
__________________

__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:09 AM   #29039
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Tim - the disco ball is missing a few shiny pieces so I'm going to use the mirror bits to fix them... so they won't be going to the roof. I was also thinking of wrapping them up and for GC@CL 1.2 Redux...
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #29040
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
ZeeLarry.. next time you have a chance... tell me how you replaced your mirror doors in the bathroom closet. Would like to do that as we are not fans of mirror doors.... pics if you have em... thanks.

He isnt here... Lol.... Taking a load of white elephant gifts to the dump.....

This was not in the bathroom it was our across the back wall closet doors....

But he took the mirror ones out and threw them away.... One was cracked and we had also discovered it was not safety glass.

He bought a set of hollow core bifold closet doors, (which are actually 4 panels) cut them off at bottom... And then ended up having to cut one double set down as they were too wide. So my doors are bigger.... Like 2/3 to his 1/3.... I do know from watching that both of the doors on his two had to be cut down,,,, so they would still operate properly....





Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:35 AM   #29041
Senior Member
 
Papawto5's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Parts are expensive...
Man oh man! I'm the odd man out, I guess. We bought our rig in September of 2010. Everything on it is "stock" except the 50 amp to 30 amp extension. Guess I don't have a LOT of the stuff you guys have been talking about for the last year and a half but I don't seem to miss it. (I don't even understand the function of 2/3 of it).

I think that I am in my own little "ignorance is bliss" zone. When I do have a major malfunction because I don't possess one of these "thingy dingies" I will probably reassess my interest in spending vast amounts of money on things that the manufacturer deemed unimportant.
__________________
2011 Coachmen SportsCoach
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:42 AM   #29042
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Steve - I'm sure you have a transfer switch to move from generator to 120 v ac.. and that's what went out when the city transform box blew up.

Just count your lucky pennies that you don't have any problems with it.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #29043
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
He isnt here... Lol.... Taking a load of white elephant gifts to the dump.....

This was not in the bathroom it was our across the back wall closet doors....

But he took the mirror ones out and threw them away.... One was cracked and we had also discovered it was not safety glass.

He bought a set of hollow core bifold closet doors, (which are actually 4 panels) cut them off at bottom... And then ended up having to cut one double set down as they were too wide. So my doors are bigger.... Like 2/3 to his 1/3.... I do know from watching that both of the doors on his two had to be cut down,,,, so they would still operate properly....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Thanks Di... we have a rear bath so our back wall closet is in the bathroom so probably the same sliding doors and process. I knew they were not standard residential size and figured either cutting or using the original frame and inserting wood into it was necessary.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:17 AM   #29044
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,055
The main thing with ours was, they no longer slide.... But it works well for us... Looks much better too... He hung 2 other mirrors for me in much more strategic places.... NOT THE CEILING, but where you cannot see straight through and then back.....

They really are not safe either.... If anyone, child, dog, or awkward adult that i am, even bumped them. It could be disastrous... I am shocked the industry allows that type of mirror glass....

No pics at home, next time we go check on it, will try to remember. He matched the wood really well......





Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #29045
Senior Member
 
MartySQ's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,318
Well...
Don ( KSCRUDE) didn't keep his cold wind and snow to himself... he shared... it's 16 degrees outside... and I get to go walk 3 dogs out in it! (pay is good though...lol!)
__________________
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute or a yellow Jeep Wrangler.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:50 AM   #29046
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Tim - the disco ball is missing a few shiny pieces so I'm going to use the mirror bits to fix them... so they won't be going to the roof. I was also thinking of wrapping them up and for GC@CL 1.2 Redux...
https://screen.yahoo.com/bag-glass-000000237.html
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #29047
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 8,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Man oh man! I'm the odd man out, I guess. We bought our rig in September of 2010. Everything on it is "stock" except the 50 amp to 30 amp extension. Guess I don't have a LOT of the stuff you guys have been talking about for the last year and a half but I don't seem to miss it. (I don't even understand the function of 2/3 of it).

I think that I am in my own little "ignorance is bliss" zone. When I do have a major malfunction because I don't possess one of these "thingy dingies" I will probably reassess my interest in spending vast amounts of money on things that the manufacturer deemed unimportant.
Oh no Steve, you just jinxed yourself. I hope it's not too costly.

When will you be in Ruskin? We need to mini-C. Maybe we can get Sue and Carl (Bokobird) as well and have a midi-C.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F, 2012 Smart Car toad, 372 watt solar FMCA #F466348
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 - no end in sight
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 11:20 AM   #29048
RVM99
 
bokobird's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CT S&B
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Oh no Steve, you just jinxed yourself. I hope it's not too costly.

When will you be in Ruskin? We need to mini-C. Maybe we can get Sue and Carl (Bokobird) as well and have a midi-C.
I'm here waiting to hear when…
__________________
Carl
'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift/'06 FLHX, '15 Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2, FMCA F476758
With the birds...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 11:22 AM   #29049
Registered User
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
No idea what this video is as it does not have permission to play in Canada. Morons!!!!

We are becoming such a Nannie state.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #29050
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I'm here waiting to hear when…
Is that an invitation to leave RGV and head toward your place for dinner Friday night?
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.