Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #2927

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

Falcon190, welcome to RVMdom!!!!
As RVM47, you came to this fine group not only fully qualified, but WRANGLERIZED!

RVMs have a variety of toys, from spinning wheels to kayaks to Wranglers. These toys are part of our personna and allow for an expanded variety of ponderances.

I am pondering how far and how wild we might get while off-road on the trails between Ouray, Lake City, Silverton, and Telluride Colorado this month.

An RVM Curiosity would be just that tad bit more complete if there was some off-road in the program, dont you think?

So, a big WELCOME and a Hi-Ho Wrangler to you!

Dave
RVM1
Thanks man! I haven't explored those Colorado back roads yet, but I'm so ready to take that trip. I got the Jeep regeared for the big wheels and it's time to kick up some dirt! Might even have the urge to quaff a few cold ones.
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #2928

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Steve,

I'm a bit unclear as to your plan for the new RVM gmail acct. Is this to be like a list-serv where one posts and everyone gets a copy of the email or ???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #2929

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon190

Thanks man! I haven't explored those Colorado back roads yet, but I'm so ready to take that trip. I got the Jeep regeared for the big wheels and it's time to kick up some dirt! Might even have the urge to quaff a few cold ones.
That sounds like a great plan. Not sure how I neglected to include Jeep'n in my account of favorite mutant pass times. Probably because every other day I'm searching new listings for one. Still looking.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #2930

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
Hey Steve,

I'm a bit unclear as to your plan for the new RVM gmail acct. Is this to be like a list-serv where one posts and everyone gets a copy of the email or ???
I haven't a clue how to set up a list serve but thought I would start with an email ad of my own - that was dedicated to just mutants.

I have used a pay email service before when I booked blues bands for a friends restaurant. Didn't want to go that route. But I have two accounts that I will probably drop when we hit the road, may keep the yahoo ad you and few others have - but think once the mutation is final - I'll use the mutant hotline for everything. Someone recently told me I should try the google mail, so I did.

I didn't know where the thread was going when i started it and it may not be outside the forum at all. But PM is not ideal for adding a pic, multiple mutants, etc.

Maybe there's no use - maybe there's a quarterly news letter - maybe a curiosity sign up form - just a journey down a new a new road of possibilities. Who knows where the mutant goes?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #2931

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have managed primate list-servs for 10+ years. Yahoo has free ones that are easy to set-up and run.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #2932

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
I have managed primate list-servs for 10+ years. Yahoo has free ones that are easy to set-up and run.
Well that's a possibility. At the moment there's no list to serve so to speak and not sure of interest. The pay service I used was easy as well and allowed insert of pictures - tracked hits - and was great. The restaurant - bands - patrons all loved it. I think it was < $15 a month for 500 addresses. Was really slick. I miss those band days and nights - but the mornings after were tough.

We have some really talented and interesting mutants - and just thought there might be something more we could do to let our mutant flag fly. Let's see if there's any traffic to rvm2.RVMdom@gmail.com and what ideas surface.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #2933

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

That sounds like a great plan. Not sure how I neglected to include Jeep'n in my account of favorite mutant pass times. Probably because every other day I'm searching new listings for one. Still looking.
Flaggship, you're from Plano? This is really mutated cos as a kid I road my bike to Plano on dirt roads (in 1960). Stopped at the 7-11 for six cent cokes. My brother still lives in Richardson. I traded all that for rain, green trees, and finally - the love of my life! But, a five speed manual tranny Jeep? Oh yeah!
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #2934

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon190

Flaggship, you're from Plano? This is really mutated cos as a kid I road my bike to Plano on dirt roads (in 1960). Stopped at the 7-11 for six cent cokes. My brother still lives in Richardson. I traded all that for rain, green trees, and finally - the love of my life! But, a five speed manual tranny Jeep? Oh yeah!
Yep. Sent ya PM with a little info on that there bike ride.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #2935

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Bacon Battle Brewing

The Chinese are coming to take your bacon! Some things just are NOT right!

Starboard to vote against Shuanghui offer for Smithfield
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #2936

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss
The Chinese are coming to take your bacon! Some things just are NOT right!

Starboard to vote against Shuanghui offer for Smithfield
Hmmm - Kung Pao Bacon... Mmmmm
Old 09-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #2937

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hmmm - Kung Pao Bacon... Mmmmm
My friend, you are the silver lining to my cloud!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #2938

Wow. Go off the grid for a day a the RVMs go wild.

Bacon. Bacon magnets. Yak magnets? Drenched in yaks. Mounting yaks (glad for the pic to clarify my mental image). Plano. Northwest. Illinois. iRV2 rally? Iowa. Awesome art pics. Wranglers Clouds of bacon smoke.

I officially cannot keep up! But I so dearly love it.
Later
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #2939

Quote:

Bacon. Bacon magnets. Yak magnets? Drenched in yaks. Mounting yaks (glad for the pic to clarify my mental image). Plano. Northwest. Illinois. iRV2 rally? Iowa. Awesome art pics. Wranglers Clouds of bacon smoke.

Later
Ah, revered Ponderer and co-instigator of this estimable thread! I owe you an apology and a belated...recipe. As per request, several pages ago, Ramen burgers.

You can Google them on Pop Sugar for the version DH likes best. The original is served only in a NYC restaurant, but copycats abound.

Basically, you cook one packet of Ramen w/o the flavor per burger, drain & cool. Beat up one egg per burger & mix w/ the cooled noodles. Half a packet goes into a ramekin or deli cup and half into another. Cover each w/ plastic wrap, weight with a can of soup and chill until firm.

Grill your beef burgers (or veggie ones) and collect the toppings: soy sauce, cheese, catsup, arugula or lettuce, chopped green onions, and a fried egg (optional).

When ready to serve, carefully turn the Ramen patties into your palm to make sure they are loose, and return them right side up back into the ramekins. Remove the plastic wrap and invert them quickly into a hot, oiled skillet. Brown w/o disturbing until crispy on one side, then turn to brown the second side.

To assemble, place one Ramen patty on a plate, top w/ arugula, then a burger, cheese, soy sauce &/or catsup, the fried egg, and a scattering of green onions. The second Ramen patty tops all.

I'm probably a wimp, but I ate mine w/ knife and fork. The young woman on the Pop Sugar video picked hers up like a regular burger and bun.

In any case, I don't know about the gluten issue here. Can you get gluten free Ramen?
Old 09-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #2940

Quote:

Later

Hey Dave,

Im thinking if we ever get a full curiosity planned and can all congregate, I think we will need a Wrangler Round Up and head off to a forest or ranger road someplace. Oh and with plenty of water and fried bacon sandwiches, and and and ....... oh the possibilities are endless ...

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote