Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2015, 12:02 AM   #29499

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I'm here also...again for the umpteenth time today. Thought I ought to shut up awhile cause I was not too nice to Dennis earlier...and besides that... it gives others a chance to get a word in edgewise.
Gee I thought you wuz kidding
Quote:
So... how does one respond when they hear the news their first official (although I wasn't allowed to date yet... we managed to do what long time daters seem to do....) boyfriend has passed...the one I snuck out in the middle of the night for... and got my butt beat real good about at age 15 or so.... don't know if I ought to go to the service, probably not... they always seemed embarrassed to see me, but his mom and dad came to my Dad's funeral service.... Hmmm thoughts?
Go, you will only regret not going for the rest of your life. Don't ask how I know.

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2015, 12:41 AM   #29500

Vintage RV Owners Club
well Dennis.. I sort of was, but when I read it later... it came across a bit rude...we are now the old geezers with hearing aids, etc. but I don't think we all quite think of ourselves as them yet...

MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:01 AM   #29501
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I'm here also...again for the umpteenth time today. Thought I ought to shut up awhile cause I was not too nice to Dennis earlier...and besides that... it gives others a chance to get a word in edgewise.

So... how does one respond when they hear the news their first official (although I wasn't allowed to date yet... we managed to do what long time daters seem to do....) boyfriend has passed...the one I snuck out in the middle of the night for... and got my butt beat real good about at age 15 or so.... don't know if I ought to go to the service, probably not... they always seemed embarrassed to see me, but his mom and dad came to my Dad's funeral service.... Hmmm thoughts?
I wouldn't give a rat's about what anyone thinks. If he was important to you, then go. It's always good to pay last respects. Sorry about his death, Marty.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:25 AM   #29502
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:

Not only are we the okd geezers, but we are the thread talkers too, I knew you wre teasing, Dennis knew it too, i was egging it on..... Smile....

As to the service. How do you feel physically. If you are coughing, that might give them another reason to respond unfavorably. I quit putting myself into any sutuation where i am not wanted. And that includes my sisters house.... I like good memories not unpleasant ones. But ultimately, you do what is best for you..... But I not a funeral attender..... Unless it is absolutely necessary.
But if you do, it is cold out, take extra precautions, you are vulnerable to other infections right now... Hugs...

And i kinda think Tim might be right..... Ssssssshhh..

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:32 AM   #29503
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Woot!
Um..... How deep is "yay"?
Yay is just slightly below the "privates".

We have had so much snow in the last week. Yesterday it warmed up and started to rain. We are starting to see a few snow load collapse issues in structures in our area.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:23 AM   #29504
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Fear not
The Possum is here
wherever in hell
here is???

Have ya figgered where you is now, Qweek Straw?

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:32 AM   #29505

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning mutants!

This is an RVM Tip O the Hat and Special Recognition for Technical Service to my good friend Sky_Boss - a.ka. Don, a.ka. RVM22.

Yesterday Don came over and we regenerated my water softener. I had mentioned that the drying function on the Splendide 2000S seemed to be going south so he said let's look at that too.

We set about getting the softener regenerated and figured out that just as the guy who installed it had said - it can be regenerated without removing it from the bay - big advantage.

So when we finished - Don said look at this - your outside dryer vent flap is stuck shut. We scratched our heads on what might cause such a thing and came up empty. With a surgeons precision, Don began to probe at it with a screw driver and sure enough - it popped loose and opened. Yippee.

While we were looking at the Splendide inside he quickly unscrewed the 8 tiny screws in my Fantastic Vent screen and I washed the dust and crud off of it. We had talked before about his fan having removable screens that push in place so you don't have to unscrew them. So when Annie and Sandee got here - Sandee brought one of their screens for a test fit. Viola they work. Last night I went online and ordered mine. I found them a couple of places but went with PPL.

Then Sandee and Don showed their full timer sprit by hanging with us while I baked some taters and yellow squash and charred some steaks. We ate by Coleman light at the picnic table and a cool but nice enough temp.

So now for the rest of the story - I was in a funk when I woke up yesterday and called off our planned trip to the beach. Sandee had gotten up early - fixed Don his bacon and eggs and was ready to go. So Major Tip O the Hat to Sandee for forgivin' and let livin'.

AND - Last but not least I to the little lady that makes my life livable. Annie rolled through it too. All is looking up on the rainbow except the weather. The cold snap that is turning Plano - our old homestead 28 and slushy, icy and coooolllddd will bring our lows to the high 30's and highs to the mid 40's tomorrow and the next few days. Oh well plenty to do in all circumstances.

Again - many Thanks to Don and Sandee for being super mutants... don't miss a Mini-C opportunity with these two! And Annie is a joy to behold too. Me... well I have my good days....

Happy journeys mutants and those of you safe in your brick and mortar - all the best.

RVM2
Attached Images

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:37 AM   #29506

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So the mind wanders...
Anyone hear anything from Warren?

I was just thinking I'd like a happy meal, winning lottery ticket and a Valium...

Where are ya Warren....
Old 01-07-2015, 10:59 AM   #29507

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
LOL....

Regarding the water softener...

What Steve didn't say was that we took a little over 2.5 hours and a couple phone calls to figure out what an 8 year old coulda figured out...if the water softener instructions were NOT bass-ackwards.

Because of that experience I will be able to do the same job in about 30 minutes. I learned a long time ago it is better to experiment on someone else system first.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:08 AM   #29508
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Good morning mutants!

This is an RVM Tip O the Hat and Special Recognition for Technical Service to my good friend Sky_Boss - a.ka. Don, a.ka. RVM22.

Again - many Thanks to Don and Sandee for being super mutants... don't miss a Mini-C opportunity with these two! And Annie is a joy to behold too. Me... well I have my good days....

Happy journeys mutants and those of you safe in your brick and mortar - all the best.

RVM2

Yes!
Don helped me understand many things with my "new" MH at the GC last April.
Sandee and Annie? It goes without saying that their contributions to our "tudes" and well-being is awesome!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:12 AM   #29509

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
LOL....

What Steve didn't say was that we took a little over 2.5 hours and a couple phone calls to figure out what an 8 year old coulda figured out...if the water softener instructions were NOT bass-ackwards.

Because of that experience I will be able to do the same job in about 30 minutes. I learned a long time ago it is better to experiment on someone else system first.
All right now... yes the rest of the story is... yes I had read the instructions and told Don - I can't understand English... lol. Every time I read the instructions I was confused... so Don says - we'll figure it out. At about an hour in - he said - this instruction is backarsewards or something Iike that. But we let logic dictate - but what was odd - is that on the salt flush - the drain connection has a restrictor in it and the flush was soooo slow... and time in he directions was 20 minutes to flush the salt through the resin beads. That's when we called. Sure enough - tech support at Watts said about a 1/4 cup per minute and it is slow. Lol.

We both learned... and I will be there when he puts his back in action.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #29510
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I can't get him to stop grinning.

Sounds great; I'd love to meet Earlene and you. We'll have to plan something when things settle down a bit. How about this "arctic blast" we're having this week? We're trying to decide if we need to go open the low-point drains.
Agree, let the New Year settle down. Give a holler, if you remember.

Quote:
How about looking in the trunk of you toad for the filters....
Marty, I know where his filters are.

Steve, they are right in front of your nose! Better yet, they are right where you put them.

Quote:
omg... it's as bad as listening to old timers who can't hear well talking... Possum... read the thread... he stated he couldn't find his filters!
See above on the filters.

You be careful about us old timers with hearing aids. I got mine with selective hearing, just ask Earlene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Don't forget, righty tighty, lefty loosey!
Depends on which wheel you are trying to take off the MH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
So this explains your career not being in propane and propane accessories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Not a castle fan.... Person of Interest on CBS.... But in 10 min... Off and out..... Missed nap today.... Lol...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
That sure was a screwy episode.

Quote:
well Dennis.. I sort of was, but when I read it later... it came across a bit rude...we are now the old geezers with hearing aids, etc. but I don't think we all quite think of ourselves as them yet...
There you go again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
LOL....

What! You had to read the instructions? Sheesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
All right now... yes the rest of the story is... yes I had read the instructions and told Don - I can't understand English... lol. Every time I read the instructions I was confused... so Don says - we'll figure it out. At about an hour in - he said - this instruction is backarsewards or something Iike that. But we let logic dictate - but what was odd - is that on the salt flush - the drain connection has a restrictor in it and the flush was soooo slow... and time in he directions was 20 minutes to flush the salt through the resin beads. That's when we called. Sure enough - tech support at Watts said about a 1/4 cup per minute and it is slow. Lol.

We both learned... and I will be there when he puts his back in action.
You should have found a 10 year old in the RV Park to help understand the instructions.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:01 PM   #29511

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne - what kind of water softener do you have?

The picture of the Y connector was mislabeled or the instructions referenced the wrong outlet. Either way - it was misguided. As I said - we let logic prevail and knew the side with the restrictor had to to be the drain / flush side and not the side back to the coach... and yet that's what the instructions said.

I'm just glad we have it back together. Will be nice to have suds in the sink again.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:09 PM   #29512

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
You should have found a 10 year old in the RV Park to help understand the instructions.
I am working on my second childhood.