Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #29625
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Okay okay Muteys at the direction of our Grand Poohbah I have come out of hiding! So how ya'll doing? Steve I promise to call tomorrow, just too much crap goin on today. Dang I had 300 posts to ketchup on! Marty and Timbo hope you guys are feelin better. All is well and cold as a brain freeze here. Got down to 13 last nite and my heater in the water bay went off so woke up to no water this mornin. Grrrr.....momma wasn't happy with that! New Years mornin I wake up at 4 in the morning to no power in Jenny and 64 degrees inside. So I'm up gettin dressed and with a flashlight trying to figure out why no breakers are tripped, until I smell something burning. Turns out the plug in the bathroom had soot all over it where the nite lite was plugged in. Further research revealed our inverter bit the dust. Nobody open on holiday. What a great way to spend the day, no tv, no way to cook. Had to start the engine to charge the house batteries so the heat pump would come back on and we had lights. Sooooo, we found a sports bar open for late lunch early dinner and watched football on the big screen and cried in my beer! The next day and two grand later we were back in business.

So that's our story and I'm sticking to it. Other than that, I'm really gettin sick of this w**rkin thing, even if I do own the company. Partner is back in the saddle on Monday and I'm free! Now where did I put the keys to Jenny? The road is callin us. We got some ketchin up to do.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Now you well know the door is open and the smoothies will help you forget. Besides, it's only money.
Quote:
I told her what's open and awaiting her command performance.

Everyone was so anxious to be near us that I got one on the end. Now I only have to put up with what's his name.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2015, 04:59 PM   #29626
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Carl I think I told you we have two African Greys we rescued Georgy and Coco. Will be anxious to meet you and Mac. How many battle scars do you have? Georgy is very possessive of her cage and will attack Barb and I when we try to add food or water so we have to take her out of her cage to do it. I got battle scars to prove it.

Wow, little stinkers. Boko just claims ownership of the cowbell, don't go near that!!!

I've actually gotten a permanent scar from Mac, nothing big, but when he was much younger (he's 20 or so now) he was quite the thing to handle. Well, stupid me, carrying him on my shoulder and he decided my lip makes a good pivot point with his beak. OUCH!!!

As he's gotten older, it's rare I get nip'd anymore which is good but when he does do it, it's practically always my fault cuz I went and did something stupid again and didn't pay attention (brush his tail the wrong way, spook him unexpectedly with something I'm doing, etc.).

And if you like talking birds, well, I can chat forever about them so looking forwards to hearing your experiences as well.

bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:11 PM   #29627

Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=bokobird;2376801

And if you like talking birds, well, I can chat forever about them so looking forwards to hearing your experiences as well.[/QUOTE]

Meet Perlie, we like talking bird too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	313.4 KB
ID:	83022  
Old 01-09-2015, 06:19 PM   #29628
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Meet Perlie, we like talking bird too!
Good thing mine doesn't like sitting around in water!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #29629

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
And that could definitely be the case for others......
Glad we are close, because not sure on one in fall, we were going east this year, so that could prevent us from one in fall.....
But will miss you and Bob.... But understand.....

Have been to Idaho, not too interested in a second trip. Really liked SD, Black Hills area, and would like to do SE Utah, but have no places to suggest......

And now I know you, can stop by when we go through KS next time.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

You better!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:13 PM   #29630

Everyone was so anxious to be near us that I got one on the end. Now I only have to put up with what's his name. [/QUOTE]

Watsizname resembles that remark!
Old 01-09-2015, 07:15 PM   #29631

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Good thing mine doesn't like sitting around in water!
Carl I was returning from a pheasant hunt with a friend and we stopped by his houseboat to check on it on the way home. I was setting on the front of his boat with Perlie when a lady and some type of Parrot come walking down to visit. I told her it wouldn't be a good idea to bring her bird any closer as we had just been bird hunting. She proceeded to try to get her bird to talk to Perlie, who of course was on point. I finally realized the lady had had several drinks and grabbed my dog and told the lady to leave. My buddy came out, after hearing me speaking up and said that was her normal condition getting a good laugh. I felt bad, but not as bad as that bird would have felt had I not jumped in and spoke up!
Old 01-09-2015, 07:23 PM   #29632
RVM1

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Everyone was so anxious to be near us that I got one on the end. Now I only have to put up with what's his name.

Watsizname resembles that remark![/QUOTE]

I do NOT!
But Dogpatch and Possum are both reasonable faxcimilies thereof!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:05 PM   #29633
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I know Shrinking Sarah wants to get her site reserved....

Quote:
I told her what's open and awaiting her command performance.
I'm trying to decide if I want to park on the back row and turn the headlights on.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:07 PM   #29634

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Some things need a laundry? Egads!

Where you are, don't you just put things out in the sand and dry brush it off?
Old 01-09-2015, 08:10 PM   #29635

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I like shade so I asked for a waterfront site, they gave me 117. When I bring Mac out it's nice to have a nearby tree, he likes to help "trim" them

Good site, if a bit far from the action. We were in that one last year, partly because SarahW recommended it.

BTW, I wanna watch Mac trim the tree! Saves buying those grapevine thingys, don't it?
Old 01-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #29636
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Your welcome to mine but I won't touch yours.... lol. Is it 1/2 pencil shavings.
I'll have a Venti Double Machiado 1/2 Soy 1/2 2% Mocha with an extra Espresso Shot and Sprinkles.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:31 PM   #29637

R U an RV Mutant too?

OMG, imagonna hafta listen to Wayne yank Whatzizname's chain and Whatzizname's bark all week? Sheesh! Wha'd I do to deserve that???

'Sokay, I guess. His bite's worse than his bark. 'R sump'n.

I'll have me one-a them venti doubles too. 'R sump'n.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:40 PM   #29638
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Watsizname resembles that remark!

I do NOT!
But Dogpatch and Possum are both reasonable faxcimilies thereof![/QUOTE]

I heard my name and don't know why!