Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2015, 10:27 AM   #29793
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Just where in tarnation is RVG anyway?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2015, 10:37 AM   #29794

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Just where in tarnation is RVG anyway?
Not sure about RVG, BUT RGV (Rio Grand Valley ) is in south Texas. Texas is a large expansion of not-much that connects to Arkansas. Arkansas is the home of GC@CL and GC@CL 1.2.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:50 AM   #29795
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks Tim. Can't wait to go to R-can-saw!
Old 01-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #29796

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Thanks Tim. Can't wait to go to R-can-saw!
If you've never been to AR, it's a small and diverse state. Mountains, rolling hills, flat lands, rice fields and swamps. Passing thru Little Rock, there is a nice Rv park right in the middle of town on the AR river across from the Clinton Presidential Library with walking trails and trolley service to the area. That's about 1 1/2- 2 hours from CL.

Ar also has the only diamond mine that you can dig your own diamonds at. They find them pretty regular there. Since I have a bad back I go to Jared's.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:12 AM   #29797

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
^^ all I get there is a sore wallet.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:27 AM   #29798
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
You can skip the challenge - but you could do it - and Earlene can set up a booth - and sell bacon walnut dates...
Just think - you might come in second and garner bragging rights while securing a place to sleep under the picnic table at the pavilion...
If you want it palatable, you will be happy that Earlene cooks it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I'm sure you can find oysters, around here we call them Mountain Oyster, I'm sure they're the same.
ROFL

Quote:
If you've never been to AR, it's a small and diverse state. Mountains, rolling hills, flat lands, rice fields and swamps. Passing thru Little Rock, there is a nice Rv park right in the middle of town on the AR river across from the Clinton Presidential Library with walking trails and trolley service to the area. That's about 1 1/2- 2 hours from CL.

Ar also has the only diamond mine that you can dig your own diamonds at. They find them pretty regular there. Since I have a bad back I go to Jared's.
Come on! You know the only reason you go to Jared is because Mary doesn't want you coming home empty handed. Sheesh!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:41 AM   #29799

Fleetwood Owners Club
Now Wayne, for over 40 years our marriage has been based on trust, including trust that we will be wise with our money. If Mary wants a new diamond, car, dress etc. she goes and gets it. If I need a new tractor, 4wheeler or rifle I go get it. From the first days of our marriage things were split right down the middle. After setting up our first joint bank account we walked out of the bank and divided up, She got all the Checks, I got all the Deposit Slips. So far it's worked out!
Old 01-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #29800

Tiffin Owners Club
Tim:
Don't forget the white water canoeing, like the Little Mo, Big Pinney, Cossatot, and of course the Buffalo. We used to do a lot of canoeing in AR back in the 60's and 70's.

I've been reading for better then 4 hrs (started around 6:30) and am finally up to date.

I just made our reservation for GC@CL. I hope that some of us can get together again at Cooper lake. last year it made for a nice warm-up for the GC.

Marty:
We will miss you and Bob if ya'll don't come.

Wayne:
If there is a mini-C with SarahW, can us and Jeannie and Dave come also?

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #29801

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Steve, I know your disappointment in the weather in RGV, my ponder is are the parks in the area full of folks from further north and are they happy to be there? Some of the pictures you've posted showed empty spaces, are the parks full? Is the weather the norm for this time of year, being they don't provide picnic tables, is the wind and rain the reason? Just wondering!
The park here is not full and yes many folks are from Iowa - Maine - Minnesota - Some from Missouri and Canada and elsewhere. There are so many parks here I doubt they could fill them all if they were giving $100 bills away. This park has about 45% or more park models and many are occupied year round and 1/2 time. Some for rent and some for sale.

They keep saying 70 is the average temp for the day but we have seen little of it. I think they don't have picnic tables for a couple of reasons. Probably one is cost for purchase or upkeep on 500 or so sites. Another is - could not go with light weight - would have to be wood. I didn't sand and stain mine and it showing the wear from the rain and dew. If it drys out I now have a 1/4 sheet flat sander and am ready to get it cleaned up.

I actually like it here - in this park and the area but it is duck weather too often. Ya can't control the weather and it is way better than many places. We have no problem being in Bonita - but we were really hoping to be outside the percent of time we've been locked in.

The space next to us on both sides is empty and will likely stay that way. We like that - and there is a band every Wednesday - Karaoke every Friday - a jam session ever Sunday - park orchestra - church services- 2 beautiful pools and hot tubs. As Parking lot parks go the place had everything. Bingo - pool tables - wood shop - bus trips it really is a slice of heaven for folks looking for those things. We were just looking for sunshine and sitting around our little propane campfire with a plate of smoked meat in our laps.

I've heard of worse than normal Temps in lots of places and beats being trapped in DFW. Just not what we'd hoped for.

Can you believe woodpeckers like palm trees and don't seem to mind 43 degree weather and drizzle?
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #29802
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Tim, I've been to R-can-saw twice, but only to Bentonville. Spent a week each time on training to do controls work for Walmart. R-can-saw was fine, working on Walmarts, not so much.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:56 AM   #29803

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey Teffy! Good to hear from ya... give your love a hug for me!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #29804

Vintage RV Owners Club
Steve... I think it is just a harder weather year... and I hope those don't follow you on the rainbow wherever you decide to park it.

When I was spending my year down in Corpus, part of that time was spent down in the valley in Jan/Feb. I was supposed to be helping care for a man who was dying from cancer. His wife wasn't comfortable with young ladies helping in his care, so I had a lot of free time available to spend outside with the goats... the weather that year was good, and that is where I learned to milk goats!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #29805

Tiffin Owners Club
Larry and Tim:

If and when you go down to the RGV for the winter you can stay at specialized campgrounds. If you like to play bridge, there are CG's for you. They also have square dance, pinochle, chess, quilt, and just about anything else you may want to do. They know how to entertain "Winter Texans" and get you to come to their CG.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:09 PM   #29806

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bob,(Teffy ) looking forward to hearing some of your hosting experience's at the GC.

Larry, working for Wal-Mart is ok if you know from the beginning , they expect 100% from you every day! all day long! And they see to it they get it! The guys who do really good at WM are those that are go getters 24/7!