Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2015, 09:45 PM   #29821
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Now Wayne, for over 40 years our marriage has been based on trust, including trust that we will be wise with our money. If Mary wants a new diamond, car, dress etc. she goes and gets it. If I need a new tractor, 4wheeler or rifle I go get it. From the first days of our marriage things were split right down the middle. After setting up our first joint bank account we walked out of the bank and divided up, She got all the Checks, I got all the Deposit Slips. So far it's worked out!
How I do understand the principle of what is yours is hers and what is hers is hers. Yep, understand it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
[...]
I just made our reservation for GC@CL. I hope that some of us can get together again at Cooper lake. last year it made for a nice warm-up for the GC.
[...]
Wayne:
If there is a mini-C with SarahW, can us and Jeannie and Dave come also?

Hey, that sounds like a great idea. The only present problem in the way is that Sarah works her husband so hard that he will have to wait until she gives him permission to retire. I think that is in February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Bob and stories - are we going to need to extend the dates...
It sure is going to be warm there with all that hot air blowing around.

Quote:
Deer camp I was in many years back always had a special meal on opening day. Bar-b-que Coon, fried Rattlesnake, wild Turkey and yes Mountain Oysters.
No one can say, "You ain't got none!"
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2015, 09:48 PM   #29822

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
The grass is always greener Bob - but I cannot tell you the number of winter Texans who have told me they didn't drive all this way for this. Several not coming back. Now yes - they may have worse weather wherever they go next year cause you can't depend on it anywhere. After all, it weather.

But you also can't wet on my shoe and tell me it's sunshine and roses. We do look at the weather in DFW and see about a 10 degree improvement here. But a lot has gone into our planning for full time and that 10 degrees doesn't measure up. It is a good reminder that life has its ups and downs and seldom lives up to expectations, but who needs that really.

Personally - Don and I went to sushi lunch today - to Sam's and Walmart and a great day. Better if you happen to be a duck.

Stuffed tempura jalapeño - rainbow roll.
Last year we looked for ways to save money. Starting out, we wanted to visit everywhere but did restrain ourselves and tried to stay in one area. Illness made me stay in one place longer than I wanted. This year, same thing we planned out three different parks to stay at one month at a time, I found out I needed surgery, and had to stick around an extra month. I know you committed to reservations around the RGV, so you probably feel a little stuck there just like I do. We got into Yuma, mad reservations and paid upfront the month.
Long story short, I'm here 2 weeks and I'm done with this sitting for a month stuff.
My goal next year is 2 weeks and out.(Health cooperating of course!) If I get tired of somewhere I want to leave. If the weather gets crummy I want to pick up and leave.
I will balance out expenses by boondocking 4 days then campground for 1 or 2.

I know your frustration with the weather is growing, but I also know as you do that weather is weather. Only way to guarantee good weather 90% of time is South Florida. While that may be good for many, I've been there done that and then some.
The West is where its at for us, and I think each area has its best month. I would imagine December and January can be iffy in most places.
Pick up stakes and run Steve, run!!!!😇😇😇😇😇😇😇
(I was shivering myself for about 10 days last month)
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:52 PM   #29823

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Above the clouds today!
Beautiful Les!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:33 PM   #29824

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^^ Hi Deb. Hey Dave.
I told Don today that I have actually considered doing just that.... pulling up anchor and heading west.

Tonight - RVM1 pointed out that our weather is about to break this weekend - maybe even mid 70s and dry.
I told him it's cause the RGV weather gods heard my threat to leave. Yes I paid for three months and got the 4th free. But let's face it sunk costs are sunk. We didn't do it to save $ - but ok bonus. We did it because it was closer than AZ or FL - we need to be in Hot Springs in April and at Annies' parents in Normal IL for her dad's birthday May 1st. And - having just retired and set out - we needed to get settled in - bays - closets organized - etc., and figure this whole full time living thing out a bit. So it was a reasonable assumption. Still a viable option if the weather breaks - but I can't do half of what I wanted to because the weather says - nope - your not emptying your bays and organizing. Nope - you're not going to smoke 35 lbs of brisket... and so on. So - maybe it's not meant to be... this winter.

As I have said - this is a nice enough place and the sitting here wouldn't bother me a bit - if there was sunshine and even these Temps without the fog and dew and rain and drizzle. In fact we came here to sit a bit.

So here's some good news on the weather front - I have learned to sleep to 7:30 and even 8. Don't really need naps and I feel a lot better being retired. That is a big win!

So it's not all bad and next year it's Arizona and the next Florida assuming things go as loosely imagined. We shall see. As Marty said - hopefully bad weather doesn't follow us around.

Catch you soon!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:39 PM   #29825

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Steve sorry to hear Mother Nature disappointed you guys this year. Suggestion for next year, San Diego! It's beautiful there! After we spent last summer there for two weeks we were sold. It's upper 60's low 70's right now. We stayed right on the bay in a beautiful park. Lots to do and see! Love it love it! If I was totally free I would head West for the winter!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-14-2015, 11:00 PM   #29826

Vintage RV Owners Club
Steve... what on earth do you want to smoke 35#s of brisket for? there are only 2 of you and you have limited fridge space! Are you planning on feeding your whole RV Park?

<edited to add... oh I bet it is because he can...>
Old 01-14-2015, 11:09 PM   #29827

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Steve... what on earth do you want to smoke 35#s of brisket for? there are only 2 of you and you have limited fridge space! Are you planning on feeding your whole RV Park?
One of the permanent residents / park model guy does a smoked meat BBQ - monthly luncheon - BBQ with Vinny here. Thought I would maybe join in the fun.

He can put his smoker under the carport. I could take mine down there in the rain... lol.

Again - really some nice things going on here... lol.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:59 PM   #29828

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
One of the permanent residents / park model guy does a smoked meat BBQ - monthly luncheon - BBQ with Vinny here. Thought I would maybe join in the fun.

He can put his smoker under the carport. I could take mine down there in the rain... lol.

Steve you know Denise and I love to go storm watching. That consists of cold windy rainy weather, whether you like it or not. We head for the ocean and sit as close to the waves as we can safely get and listen to music, read, play cards or nap. Life in the cold is fun if you make it fun. When the weather permits we go outside dressed appropriately and watch the waves crash on the beach and toast Smores over a bonfire. If its raining we watch the waves crash on the shore from the comfort of a furnace heated glampmobile.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:46 AM   #29829
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
After setting up our first joint bank account we walked out of the bank and divided up, She got all the Checks, I got all the Deposit Slips. So far it's worked out!
Tim, that is so hauntingly familiar!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:27 AM   #29830

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Steve you know Denise and I love to go storm watching. That consists of cold windy rainy weather, whether you like it or not. We head for the ocean and sit as close to the waves as we can safely get and listen to music, read, play cards or nap. Life in the cold is fun if you make it fun. When the weather permits we go outside dressed appropriately and watch the waves crash on the beach and toast Smores over a bonfire. If its raining we watch the waves crash on the shore from the comfort of a furnace heated glampmobile.
Possum - it's uncanny. I was just saying - you know what would make this better - an ocean and waves crashing into some rocky crags and a bonfire. :thumbup: oh yeah - and trains blowing horns all night.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:00 AM   #29831

Hey, Steve, it's not much better weather wise here in Florida panhandle!! Also have friends on S FL who are complaining about cooler than average weather this year. Also rain every day, albeit warmer than yours. We lived on our boat in S Fl, and Bahamas for several years, and 50% of the time the weather was less than fun. However I'll take riding the waves or the rainbow over the alternatives (work) anytime even with iffy weather. Don't get discouraged. 😁😆
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:23 AM   #29832

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
Hey, Steve, it's not much better weather wise here in Florida panhandle!! Also have friends on S FL who are complaining about cooler than average weather this year. Also rain every day, albeit warmer than yours. We lived on our boat in S Fl, and Bahamas for several years, and 50% of the time the weather was less than fun. However I'll take riding the waves or the rainbow over the alternatives (work) anytime even with iffy weather. Don't get discouraged. 😁😆
Great to hear from you Mike.
Oh yeah I'm with you on the ride and the weather, well it's part of the great journey. But - the drizzle and greay skies seem to be almost relentless - and doesn't have any storm quality at all. Almost a test pattern...

44 degrees with a real feel of 38 right now and 91% humidity. Been scratching my head for what these are ideal conditions for - and I keep coming up with being a duck... When a retired gentleman and lifelong ship captain for the state of Maine is disgruntled you know you're in good company!

Chasing the sunshine may be more difficult than I first thought, but I am mutant - hear me roar. We can take it and make into whatever we want it to be. I am glad that we aren't breaking camp and moving today
Old 01-15-2015, 08:38 AM   #29833
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Steve sorry to hear Mother Nature disappointed you guys this year. Suggestion for next year, San Diego! It's beautiful there! After we spent last summer there for two weeks we were sold. It's upper 60's low 70's right now. We stayed right on the bay in a beautiful park. Lots to do and see! Love it love it! If I was totally free I would head West for the winter!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Not only the Wintertime, but Summertime also has great weather along the CA Sourthern Coast. We are headed that way this Summer for our annual 4-5 month trip.

Quote:

Steve, as much as you enjoy smoking meats, have you considered buying one of those four poster awnings they sell at Sam's or Walmart? Even the local camping store would have one. Not that expensive if I remember?

Cheer up, it's going to 70˚ in Pharr this Saturday, and Sunny.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:45 AM   #29834

Quote:
Great to hear from you Mike.
Oh yeah I'm with you on the ride and the weather, well it's part of the great journey. But - the drizzle and greay skies seem to be almost relentless - and doesn't have any storm quality at all. Almost a test pattern...

44 degrees with a real feel of 38 right now and 91% humidity. Been scratching my head for what these are ideal conditions for - and I keep coming up with being a duck... When a retired gentleman and lifelong ship captain for the state of Maine is disgruntled you know you're in good company!

Chasing the sunshine may be more difficult than I first thought, but I am mutant - hear me roar. We can take it and make into whatever we want it to be. I am glad that we aren't breaking camp and moving today
Hey Steve & Mike and the rest of this mutastic bunch of mutants,

Today is another sunny day and a balmy 53° at 8:30 am. The weather is always a variable, and being retired means you can take each day in stride. Sure it may be overcast, Greg, gloomy and chillier than you like, but you aren't knee deep in snow, and it is winter let's not forget that little fact. Sometimes you may spend more indoor time than you want, well I suppose you can wait it out or get some foul weather gear and beat back the nasty enough that you can do what you want. I just know that this cold spell is a cycle that we will get through. When I was a kid I can remember trick or treating while trudging through 2 feet of snow, its been many years since there was that much snow in lower Michigan in October.

Just take each day in stride, life is just to short to sweat the small stuff.

Cheers !!!! To one and all
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote