Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2015, 09:18 AM   #29835

Fleetwood Owners Club
We'll look who popped up, Da Jeep Man, hey gang, keeping too busy to drop in on the thread? Good to hear from you, tell Marcia hi from us!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #29836

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
We have friends that live on the south coast of Lake Erie about 30 minutes out of Buffalo. They have lived there the whole time I've known them (+40 tears) and they are telling us that there has never been as much snowfall there as there has been this winter season.

I remember reading in some obscure history book that there were Neanderthal wives complaining to their Neanderthal Husbands about to go hunting with their prized new weapons, saying "There has never been such rotten weather since those scientists started experimenting with those confound new Bows & Arrows."

I believe that was about the official time of the start of conspiracy theory 101 or as we know it, "CLIMATE CHANGE."
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:28 AM   #29837

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Steve you know Denise and I love to go storm watching. That consists of cold windy rainy weather, whether you like it or not. We head for the ocean and sit as close to the waves as we can safely get and listen to music, read, play cards or nap. Life in the cold is fun if you make it fun. When the weather permits we go outside dressed appropriately and watch the waves crash on the beach and toast Smores over a bonfire. If its raining we watch the waves crash on the shore from the comfort of a furnace heated glampmobile.
We enjoyed sailing and canoeing and if you do very much of either you can't let rain or cold weather be a detriment or you'd miss out on some of life's great experiences, like canoe camping in AR and staying in Albert Pike State Park in a storm with rain and cold. The experiences get better as the memory fades. Sailboat racing in Feb in the Gulf of Mexico was misrabile at the time but we still remanice about how bad and fun it was.

10 years from now do think you will remember the 10,000 miles you drove or the horrible storm that was exciting and got the heart pumping? I can go into great detail about the evacuation for "Ike" but nothing about the week before.

Steve - your just building a memory, it'll be funny in several years and you will have several new friends - enjoy.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:31 AM   #29838

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne - one of the guys here has two of them set up side by side. Looks very nice. It's a thought - but not through pondering the notion.

Truth be told - with the Maverick 733 I have - once the fire is going and the smoke doing its thing - I can go inside and monitor the Temps of meat and the inside smoker temp as well.

Hey Jeff - dare ya to come down here and sweat anything - including the small stuff lol.
As for trudging through snow - never did - never lived anywhere with those conditions...

Have already made plans for the break in the weather. Going to do Cornish Hens on the grill Saturday with Don and Sandee.

Hope springs eternal in the RVMdom! The really nice thing is - we love each other and really love Bonita Bounder. We are home sweet home!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #29839

Fleetwood Owners Club
Speaking of Don and Sandee, Don have you lost your keyboard?
Old 01-15-2015, 09:37 AM   #29840

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bob - it's so good to see you posting again! Been thinking of you two. Will be good to sit in the draft of your hot air at CL in April!!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #29841

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hey Steve we got sunshine today! At least I think thats what it is from what I remember. Seems it was so long ago when we last saw it. At least we warm to 50's today!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-15-2015, 10:36 AM   #29842

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hey Sarah did you pick your spot yet?

Old 01-15-2015, 10:39 AM   #29843

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Hey Steve we got sunshine today! At least I think thats what it is from what I remember. Seems it was so long ago when we last saw it. At least we warm to 50's today!
Glad to hear that Herb! The outlook here is looking brighter too...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1421343579864.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	83343  
Old 01-15-2015, 11:04 AM   #29844

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
We'll look who popped up, Da Jeep Man, hey gang, keeping too busy to drop in on the thread? Good to hear from you, tell Marcia hi from us!
Hey Tim,

We have been keeping very busy, and I added a new wrinkle by having a crown come loose from one of my molars, dang thing of it is, trying to get my Michigan dental plan to understand that my permanent address is mobile ..... lol ..... Also we have been visiting family and friends and making yearly upkeep repairs, we had the couch restuffed ... oh what a wonderful improvement that was, new arm covers for the recliner, a new wind sensor for the emergency retract on the awning, the old one suffered a direct hit from an acorn breaking off one of the cups, it didn't work so well after that. Anyway Life is good and beautiful on the rainbow.

Cheers !!!!

P.S. its even better with venison in the freezer, oh and new heating rods for A/C operation as well. Once you get over 50 its just patch, patch, patch .... lol .....
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:36 AM   #29845

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sunny and 41 in my part of Kansas today...
Old 01-15-2015, 12:06 PM   #29846

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Steve don't you remember? You walked barefoot 3 miles in 2 feet of snow uphill both ways!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:07 PM   #29847

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Sunny and 41 in my part of Kansas today...
Well heck... that's downright RGV weather!
Old 01-15-2015, 03:01 PM   #29848

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well heck... that's downright RGV weather!
I saw the sun! I saw the sun! The sun came out. Yippee!