Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #30633

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Dennis I bet you set off alarms every time you travel. You must be like the Tinman. Do you carry your oil can with you? I have no metal but I do feel like I need a good oiling occasionally!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #30634

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Hmmmm .... I see you've got Bonita all tricked out now. Can I hire Annie as a consultant for decorating Bow?

Bow will show a personality soon enough and along with yours and Kates - will be in fine shape faster you can say, "GC 1.2 Redux".
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #30635

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Steve & Annie. Just crossed into the sunshine state. ETA to CG is between 4 and 5 o'clock. Our site is open so we will get MH out of storage and set it up. Thanks for thinking about us.
Woot! Woot! Home sweet home. Have too much fun. It's the mutant way.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:54 PM   #30636
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Well Good Afternoon Mutey's and Mutets! Hope the sun is shining on your face and the breeze
Is at your back on the rainbow today.

All is well here in the metroplex today cept I'm really gettin anxious to hit the road again. Steve and Mary Ann drive safe thru the sunshine state today cause your rainbow rider will be waitin when you get there.

Mel how's the healing coming along? Hope the knee is starting to come back strong.

The knee is coming along. Thanks. Second surgery not as bad as the first as far as recovery time. But I think I'll be in physical therapy forever. Not that that's bad! I totally believe in rehab.

Sorry we missed y'all in November. Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone in April. Looks like we'll be coming in on Thursday afternoon and leaving Sunday afternoon.

I'm trying to get a few things done to Bow before CL. Need to have new curtains made for the front windshields. I think the ones on there now are originals. They've gotta go!

Hope y'all are doing well! Catch us up!

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:00 PM   #30637

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I guess we're settling in on full time with an absorption refrigerator. 2 months in row - 1st of the month - defrost and raid the freezer for grillmutation and fill the ice chests with things requiring cold and head to the store.

When we return I get the Simple Green and a sponge out and wash the fridge bins, ice bucket and door trays with the hose and dry em off. It's about time to fire it up and let it cool down. In the meantime we've had some of sushi rolls we picked up at the market. They were giving away free samples. Had to try it which, as they had expected, lead to buying it. It was very good. And BTW - life is grand on the rainbow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1422651477029.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	84696   Click image for larger version

Name:	1422651491343.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	84697  

Old 01-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #30638
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Mini-c notwithstanding, my point was that we haven't firmed up our plan for traveling to CL, and I don't want our lack of planning to hold up anyone else. We'll just have to slink into the campground without a parade.
.....but you will not be able to hide!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
[...]

We are in a waiting pattern on a replacement of the ICD that larry wears inside his chest.
We have been informed the battery is almost out, BUT they (medicare) will not pay for the replacement until the alarm on it beeps... So for now, there is NO plan in our travel future much further than CL......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Stick a horn up his derriere and beep him to the doctors office.

Quote:
We need to crank up the mini-C plans. Maybe we could meet up in Kemah or somewhere in a couple of weeks.
Kemah is very good for us - close - but for a little fairness for JNE and TEFFY, somewhere up around the Channel View area would be nice.

Quote:
I think his last workday is Feb. 16, but actual retirement date is April 1.
Sounds like a Government worker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowdedCampr View Post
Full timing in the 'camper' again. I have no idea why it auto corrected to 'Arab' lol
Had me worried for a moment. Was wondering what you were doing in an Arab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Now that would be a Curiosity of a different color. I don't think we've had a fish with us before...
Hey, it would give PPSteve something to practice on trying to get the bigger one.

Quote:
[...]

Wayne we're starting to have withdrawals. We need to get down there for a mini sometime before we head to the Redux. But tell Earlene we aren't gonna give here advance notice so she won't put you thru the paces re-cleaning an already clean house. I just want some more of that liquored up desert she made last time we were there!

[...]You are welcome anytime. If it's warm, I'll open the windows, start the leaf blower, and clean again.

Now for those of you newbies that have not spoken up yet, there is still plenty of room and time to join us. Just a simple PM to me or our Most Illustious Potentate Steve aka flagship will get you started with a space assignment. Sooooo lets here from you now.....we are waiting.... Don't make me sick Wayne on you.

Yeah, don't.

Quote:
Diane, are you turning ... er, I mean MUTATING into a Purple People Eater???

Dave, isn't there a song about Purple People Eaters?
Watch out! It'll get you.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Purple.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	84698  
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:29 PM   #30639
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Watch out! It'll get you.

I love it! Where can I get one?
Old 01-30-2015, 02:59 PM   #30640

Quote:
It's funny, but there are times I really miss boy smells, boy sounds, boy roughhousing, boys being boys. Little boys still melt my heart. My 3 year-old great nephew has me wrapped around his little finger! We just don't get to be with him all that often.

It might be a while before boyness is back in our house again. We have a 9 month-old granddaughter. No other grands on the way ... yet. We have 4 sons, so we're not sure about little girls. We can throw footballs and baseballs, but we're not so good with bows and dolls! We are used to farts and burps and wrestling and fort-building. If little Gwyneth is a tom-boy, we're good. If she's a girly-girl, we'll need some advice from her mom!

Mel......
I had 2 sons..... But my first grand was a girl..... Before she was even born I had smocked her 20 dresses..... Lol...yep. 2nd was also a girl..... Now 3 more boys and the oldest is 5 1/2....... Down to 1yo...... Only wish they were all 5 here... 2 live a coupke if hours away..... I still have trouble with hair bows.. But they dont care.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:04 PM   #30641

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Dennis I bet you set off alarms every time you travel. You must be like the Tinman. Do you carry your oil can with you? I have no metal but I do feel like I need a good oiling occasionally!

I once offered to a moron security dude in the Phoenix airport that maybe I should just strip nekked so he could see all the scars.

I wonder if it will ever dawn on those types that real bombs don't have metal in them.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:25 PM   #30642
MPH

Quote:
Mel......
I had 2 sons..... But my first grand was a girl..... Before she was even born I had smocked her 20 dresses..... Lol...yep. 2nd was also a girl..... Now 3 more boys and the oldest is 5 1/2....... Down to 1yo...... Only wish they were all 5 here... 2 live a coupke if hours away..... I still have trouble with hair bows.. But they dont care.....

20??? OMG. I can't compete. I don't sew.

Little Gwyn is our heart, though. And if these two grandmothers have anything to do with it, she will become a reader and lover of books. We are buying her books of all kinds all the time!

Of course, we look forward to the time when she is old enough to go on a little camping trip with her Gram and MiMi. Close to parents (in Austin), of course! But there are lots and lots of cool places in the hill country right around Austin. Mom and Dad can come out for the cookouts ... or they can stay home and sleep. Or whatever.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:28 PM   #30643
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I love it! Where can I get one?
Don't know. That was a cut and grab from a video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I once offered to a moron security dude in the Phoenix airport that maybe I should just strip nekked so he could see all the scars.

I wonder if it will ever dawn on those types that real bombs don't have metal in them.
I'll bet he didn't take you up on that. No one wants to see YOU nekked.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:34 PM   #30644

Quote:
20??? OMG. I can't compete. I don't sew.

Little Gwyn is our heart, though. And if these two grandmothers have anything to do with it, she will become a reader and lover of books. We are buying her books of all kinds all the time!

Of course, we look forward to the time when she is old enough to go on a little camping trip with her Gram and MiMi. Close to parents (in Austin), of course! But there are lots and lots of cool places in the hill country right around Austin. Mom and Dad can come out for the cookouts ... or they can stay home and sleep. Or whatever.

Mel....... The rest of the story.... Daughter in law of the first granddaughter, did not like smocking..... I didnt know that.... She was dressing that baby girl in cute leggings...... Well as soon as the girl baby could choose, she wants dresses.... Lol... Still does...
And while grand two got more creations, some special ones were kept for their dolls.....

But i had fun....

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:44 PM   #30645
MPH

Quote:
Mel....... The rest of the story.... Daughter in law of the first granddaughter, did not like smocking..... I didnt know that.... She was dressing that baby girl in cute leggings...... Well as soon as the girl baby could choose, she wants dresses.... Lol... Still does...
And while grand two got more creations, some special ones were kept for their dolls.....

But i had fun....

Lol! I know you did! (Have fun, that is!)
Old 01-30-2015, 04:22 PM   #30646

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So whats on the grill this afternoon? Gorgonzola, chopped jalapeno and onion ground turkey stuffed pobalono peppers. Peppered bacon wrapped of course.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1422660093297.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	84707   Click image for larger version

Name:	1422660111136.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	84708