Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-31-2015, 11:12 AM   #30703
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
So I'm having a hard time deciding. Since Andrea and I are in a different place in life.... meaning we still haven't had kids yet, but want to - and we would like to move to our final "raising the kids" house in the next 2 years - makes buying an RV choice difficult.

Even though I have the money to get another class a, the more and more I look at the class c's, or the small A's with bunks... these would most certainly foot the bill, and for less money. The way we RV, spending anything over 100k just seems like money spent that's not needed to be spent.

Tough choices.... heck id rather pay 50k...

Anyone ever own both? Class c vs class a, diesel vs gas? I've only ever had the 40' footer diesel. I won't be living in it, but I would like to hold it for a long time.

Done it.
First tent
Then cabover on pickup (6 months)
Then back to tent
Then class c (1 year)
Then tent with bass boat, then jet boat, then i/o ski boat (20years), and 2 canoes
Loved to camp the islands on Lake Ouachita, we lived 15 min from Arkansas River and my sons
loved to water ski. So we were on the water at least 4 times a week, the tent was easier at the time.

Then the class A dp together with Larry

Larry had class a gasser at some point, and not sure what else........

But like Steve said, it is whatever works for you at the time. I cannot see one fitting all needs or life stages. So be flexible, you might find the one that does make it through..... But i havent...... Good luck....



Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________

__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2015, 11:36 AM   #30704
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
I miss my RV!! I'm having a hard time deciding what to move into next.

OTH, I'm gonna LOVE my new boat

Thinking about pulling this up to Catherines Landing and staying in a YURT.
Come on up, although Lake Catherine is not that big of a fishing lake, Lake Ouchita is world setting, big and BEUTIFUL. Like the ProCraft, I've got a 1995 ProCraft 200combo that has held up super and believe me it's been used a lot! Lake Ouchita is just across town, that's where the Steve's and gals went fishing last year.

Remember CL has yurts and cabins. Hope to see you there, think Luau!
__________________

__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:52 AM   #30705
Senior Member
 
plasma800's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,832
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Come on up, although Lake Catherine is not that big of a fishing lake, Lake Ouchita is world setting, big and BEUTIFUL. Like the ProCraft, I've got a 1995 ProCraft 200combo that has held up super and believe me it's been used a lot! Lake Ouchita is just across town, that's where the Steve's and gals went fishing last year.

Remember CL has yurts and cabins. Hope to see you there, think Luau!
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, Hamilton - ouchita - Ouchita River - williams creek.

I can probably stay for a week and a half to two weeks for this trip. That should be some good time to explore. Having some local knowledge sure helps.

I picked that boat up for a song (no dance) - couple minor "catch up on main" stuff and she's ready to go.

An rv'ing buddy of mine owns the exact same boat, and he loves it - so i figured couldn't go too wrong.
__________________
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:53 AM   #30706
Senior Member
 
plasma800's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,832
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Come on up, although Lake Catherine is not that big of a fishing lake, Lake Ouchita is world setting, big and BEUTIFUL. Like the ProCraft, I've got a 1995 ProCraft 200combo that has held up super and believe me it's been used a lot! Lake Ouchita is just across town, that's where the Steve's and gals went fishing last year.

Remember CL has yurts and cabins. Hope to see you there, think Luau!
Oh lord, this means Dave is gonna show up in a grass skirt and a bikini top!
__________________
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:59 AM   #30707
Senior Member
 
plasma800's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,832
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Done it.
First tent
Then cabover on pickup (6 months)
Then back to tent
Then class c (1 year)
Then tent with bass boat, then jet boat, then i/o ski boat (20years), and 2 canoes
Loved to camp the islands on Lake Ouachita, we lived 15 min from Arkansas River and my sons
loved to water ski. So we were on the water at least 4 times a week, the tent was easier at the time.

Then the class A dp together with Larry

Larry had class a gasser at some point, and not sure what else........

But like Steve said, it is whatever works for you at the time. I cannot see one fitting all needs or life stages. So be flexible, you might find the one that does make it through..... But i havent...... Good luck....



Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Great pointssssss I would take an Allegro RED in a heartbeat
__________________
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:18 PM   #30708
MPH
Senior Member
 
MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
I miss my RV!! I'm having a hard time deciding what to move into next.

OTH, I'm gonna LOVE my new boat

Thinking about pulling this up to Catherines Landing and staying in a YURT.
Do it! Just do it!
__________________
Mel & Kate and Zorro, our dashing, one year old little Havanese dog.
2004 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 QDP, "Joy", our Rainbow Rider
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:28 PM   #30709
Senior Member
 
MartySQ's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
So I'm having a hard time deciding. Since Andrea and I are in a different place in life.... meaning we still haven't had kids yet, but want to - and we would like to move to our final "raising the kids" house in the next 2 years - makes buying an RV choice difficult.

Even though I have the money to get another class a, the more and more I look at the class c's, or the small A's with bunks... these would most certainly foot the bill, and for less money. The way we RV, spending anything over 100k just seems like money spent that's not needed to be spent.

Tough choices.... heck id rather pay 50k...

Anyone ever own both? Class c vs class a, diesel vs gas? I've only ever had the 40' footer diesel. I won't be living in it, but I would like to hold it for a long time.
Well... I have a very small C and have not had anything other than a tent... but I can tell you... if you are gonna have kiddos... perhaps something larger than a small C would be appropriate esp. in rainy days that end up blessing us with our rainbows....what about a 5er?
__________________
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute or a yellow Jeep Wrangler.
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:35 PM   #30710
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Well... I have a very small C and have not had anything other than a tent... but I can tell you... if you are gonna have kiddos... perhaps something larger than a small C would be appropriate esp. in rainy days that end up blessing us with our rainbows....what about a 5er?
Hard to tow a boat behind a 5er... but Jay is a mutant...
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:47 PM   #30711
Senior Member
 
plasma800's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,832
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hard to tow a boat behind a 5er... but Jay is a mutant...
lol... tow a 25 foot trailer with a boat in it, and a mini cooper on top
HA

Actually... that's not that dumb of an idea.... hmmmm Double car carrier ??
__________________
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 01:10 PM   #30712
RVM#87 / Senior Member
 
DieselTech39's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ham Lake, MN
Posts: 3,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
lol... tow a 25 foot trailer with a boat in it, and a mini cooper on top
HA

Actually... that's not that dumb of an idea.... hmmmm Double car carrier ??
Check out stacker trailers. You can get almost any design you want. Car on the bottom, boat on top.

Like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Winnebago Tour and InTech 20' Stacker. Picking up the trailer at the factory.
Attachment 80291
:
__________________
Have a wonderful day!
Ken (RVM 87)
FT DP Wanna B The journey is the destination!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 01:33 PM   #30713
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 4,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Add: Mel makes margaritas and, according to Kate, the world's best pina coladas.

Ah, Mel, one o those & I'll be sliding under the table so fast, be goofy on the way down under, asleep by the time tush meets floor. Do you serve minis? I drink em in memory & honor of Mother. <big grin>

Tootsie Rolls and Skips (Skip n Go Naked -- or Barefoot, your choice) can be available in size of your choice.

Sounds like I'm a beverage person? Not really, but there's history!
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 01:50 PM   #30714
MPH
Senior Member
 
MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Ah, Mel, one o those & I'll be sliding under the table so fast, be goofy on the way down under, asleep by the time tush meets floor. Do you serve minis? I drink em in memory & honor of Mother. <big grin>
I'm just the bar tender, Sue. You order any size you like. I will have the pina coladas going on over at Mel & Kate's pad at Catherine's Landing. You're welcomed to join us any time.
__________________
Mel & Kate and Zorro, our dashing, one year old little Havanese dog.
2004 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 QDP, "Joy", our Rainbow Rider
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 02:55 PM   #30715
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Ah, Mel, one o those & I'll be sliding under the table so fast, be goofy on the way down under, asleep by the time tush meets floor. Do you serve minis? I drink em in memory & honor of Mother. <big grin>

Tootsie Rolls and Skips (Skip n Go Naked -- or Barefoot, your choice) can be available in size of your choice.

Sounds like I'm a beverage person? Not really, but there's history!

Me too Mel........
I have to have ultra minis..... After stomach surgery... But i love all of those......



Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:34 PM   #30716
Senior Member
 
Sky_Boss's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ON THE ROAD...SOMEWHERE
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
I miss my RV!! I'm having a hard time deciding what to move into next.

OTH, I'm gonna LOVE my new boat

Thinking about pulling this up to Catherines Landing and staying in a YURT.
Yurt too funny!
__________________

__________________
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Guardian GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (1 members and 6 guests)
73Indian
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.