Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #3095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Big power outage in my county tonight. Not sure if it is due to air conditioning overload or someone crashed into a transformer station. We have the only lights on our street because I just fired up the bus genset to feed the house system. Nice cool house, while the neighbors are dragging chairs outside to sit on porches.

Ha ... boondocking in my own house!
Ha, us too! Power went out at 5:30 PM due to high winds, rain and hail, fired up the genset. Also invited up the neighbors over (very young newborn) to wait it out.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #3096

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Jeff - if the 2014 national comes together like the 2013 did, better break out a good book. Gonna be a while. Maybe Waiting for Godot.
Ah, but it did & here we are. In fairness, this is the first year it's been done by committee, & we all know how difficult that can be, even when you are all face-to-face.

Keep looking up, and stay tuned!

Cheers!

Old 09-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #3097

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz

Ah, but it did & here we are. In fairness, this is the first year it's been done by committee, & we all know how difficult that can be, even when you are all face-to-face.

Cheers!
Ok - what flavor was the Kool Aid?
Kidding - I followed it from pretty early on - and it took forever to find the where. Since there is already a where - it should only take half a forever for the rest to come together. :
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #3098
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Ok - what flavor was the Kool Aid?
Kidding - I followed it from pretty early on - and it took forever to find the where. Since there is already a where - it should only take half a forever for the rest to come together. :
I just hope they schedule it for a little later in the year, or maybe even in the Spring. I'd like to go but won't suffer 90* or higher heat for it. We're fair weather folks and I work at staying where I can wear shorts and not have to run the A/C.

Also, has the topic of hurricane season come up? Myrtle beach has been hit in the past.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #3099
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
And now for something completely different!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3045073572.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	45810
Old 09-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #3100

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky

I just hope they schedule it for a little later in the year, or maybe even in the Spring. I'd like to go but won't suffer 90* or higher heat for it. We're fair weather folks and I work at staying where I can wear shorts and not have to run the A/C.

Also, has the topic of hurricane season come up? Myrtle beach has been hit in the past.
I am 100% with you on the heat. I could not see driving 780 miles to Iowa or anywhere else to simply move from 100 degrees to 100 degrees. From here I could be in Rocky Mountain National park in that distance - or any number of places in New Mexico. I know from following the 2013 Thread - much of the delay was in just settling on a place. If you wait to long you lose the good dates. Study long, you study wrong sometimes. Hopefully the sates for next year are golden!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #3101

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
And now for something completely different!

Attachment 45810
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #3102

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post

Cheers!
Sure wish we could have made this rally! Lots of folks to meet that we only are connected to by electrons...well except for you.

First times are all a trial by fire. I look forward to next year's IRV2 Rally.

Looking forward to your reports both here and after you get back "home" for another great visit. Keep safe!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #3103

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I am 100% with you on the heat. I could not see driving 780 miles to Iowa or anywhere else to simply move from 100 degrees to 100 degrees. ...

We would have made the trip if the JOB tether wasn't so tight but it would have been a short hop. Still...something with cooler temps can be a bit of a chance thing. Who woulda thunk that we would have such a hot start to September? Go further north in September and you could run into colder than optimal temps. AH...but by tomorrow things will be looking nicer once the chance of rain passes.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #3104

Quote:
Hey Jeff - if the 2014 national comes together like the 2013 did, better break out a good book. Gonna be a while. Maybe Waiting for Godot.
Hey Steve,

I have several good books I havent broke into yet and the DW has Kindle as well, so that wouldnt be a problem at all, but I would be up for a rally, or a curiosity, in any shape or form.

Sue, we will patiently await word of another, or the next rally, I hope that the photo of the rippled water isnt to taxing, but I thought it would make a good puzzler to be sure, I am thinking I'll have to check out that puzzle app it could be fun or at least something to while away the hours of waiting for just the right conditions to find another puzzle pic.

We havent had any issues with power outages but the generator is ready and waiting for just such an emergency, as always cooler heads are always better than hot heads ... LOL ... it looks like we are in for more rain today but I'll not let that deter me from getting a new book called "Guide to Arizona Backroads" I have a very strong urge to get some mud on the tires of the Wrangler.

Dave !!! the Big Bug Mesa is very near where we wanted to check out Mt. Union so yeah we are up for a Jeep trip when you roll into this neck of the woods, or desert, as the case may be.

Until next time......
Cheers !!!
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #3105

Word on the next rally may come down by Friday, with any luck, and I'll be sure to pass it on.

I asked about time of year re: temps & scheduling. They have tried various seasons, but often get snookered by rogue weather such as this September heat wave. At this point they are still attempting early autumn.

Check out the forum 2013 iRV2 Rally Amana Colonies Picture Forum -- or some such. Several good pictures there.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #3106

Calling RVM2 ...

A while back you mentioned that you were compiling a detailed profile list for "mutants". Do you have a form to fill out, and if so, how do we submit it? Emailed to your address, snail mailed, or just wrapped around a rock and tossed through your window? I prefer email since I'm running low on stamps, paper, and decent throwing rocks.

RVM34
Old 09-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #3107

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover
Calling RVM2 ...

A while back you mentioned that you were compiling a detailed profile list for "mutants". Do you have a form to fill out, and if so, how do we submit it? Emailed to your address, snail mailed, or just wrapped around a rock and tossed through your window? I prefer email since I'm running low on stamps, paper, and decent throwing rocks.

RVM34
Great Cesars Ghost man, I have been working on a newsletter that may or may not be wanted or needed that we could have or not have and or miss or not miss as the case may be. I received two emails from mutants who shall remain nameless.

I did create a spreadsheet and insert into the draft adding a few columns for items not captured like email address - rig - Full Time or Vacationer - and a Other column. I was just taking my time with it as the interest seemed low and I was going through some learning curve with Word '07. I got through that - got a nice format going and determined I can save it to PDF - and even printing in black and white om my laser printer the pics I imported came out pretty nice at 200 dpi. Actually looks good.

I can step up my effort and see about getting it out but need to be loading up the Bounder this weekend so we can pull out of town on the 22nd.

My RVM email is above somewhere - but I can pm it to you to keep from posting it so often the world will have it. I was thinking we'd just handle that collection of info by email - and as they came in, I would add to my spreadsheet.

I will attempt to work on it tonight and try to finish it this weekend. Thanks for the bump.
RVM2
-- Steve and Annie --
Old 09-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #3108

Quote:

Great Cesars Ghost man, I have been working on a newsletter ...

I will attempt to work on it tonight and try to finish it this weekend. Thanks for the bump.
RVM2
-- Steve and Annie --
Not pressing or anything ... <lol> ... Now you know why people who worked for me had a party AFTER I was gone!