Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2015, 09:15 PM   #31067
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Time to experiment is near...
Steve, Steve ... "Experiment" my arse! I know you are plenty experienced knowing what to do with the fine liquids in those bottles.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #31068

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Melting ice and resulting water will stay at or near 32F until almost all of the ice is melted. Add ice, drain enough to add more beverages.
Cold nuff for brewskies fer sher, bro!
That is all.
Back to the bonfire.

RVM1
AKA: Captain Forehead
Didn't the Mythbusters settle this many years ago?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:49 PM   #31069
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Wayne - Welcome Back.
I also know you bring Ghost Pepper to the table.
The Ghost Pepper will be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
PS:Welcome BAAACK, Wayne!
Did I go somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Here's one for you techies. (Wayne?)
Martin, they could name it Windows XV and it still would be far from the perfect OS X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
[...] Steve and Larry will be using a guide for strippers. I've only lucked into the strippers a few times on my own, guides are the way to go for them!
Count me in for strippers and let PPSteve have the stripers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Tim... you are killing me here... the fish you refer to are spelled Stripers...
and I am sure there are the other sort around... but most folks don't need guides to find them.... just sayin....
Shh! Spoiling my fun.

Quote:
Just like when I was a kid Tim. Dad would tie a pork chop around my neck so the dogs would play with me..
Me thinks he may have wanted the dogs to do more than play.

Quote:
Here's a ponder mutants. Ice chests. We have and keep beer, water, soda, mixers, gallon jugs of tea etc in them.

Seems we are having a hard time keeping ice going in them. So... drain the water or let the ice melt and keep the water.... ???

This may be a trick ponder.
Although answered, keep both. Add ice to the water as it melts. Adding new drinks to the mix will ensure that they get cold faster because they will be surrounded by 32˚ water. Whereas the ice will only touch a portion of the container in the cooler and take longer to cool. Ever wonder why the can or bottle on the bottom of the cooler is colder than those sitting on top? Now you have your answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Didn't the Mythbusters settle this many years ago?
It sometimes takes more than the Mythbusters to satisfactorily convince a Mutant.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:08 PM   #31070

Fleetwood Owners Club
Jay if you want strippers your on your own, if stripers are your game, I suggest a guide. End of story now that I have been corrected from Canada, Kansas and Texas! Geeez you might think this posting thing is a new technology here in AR!
Old 02-04-2015, 11:12 PM   #31071

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
OMG! This is stunning, Marty.
I kyped it off the Facespace...from a friend who shared it from a friend....but yeah, thought it was something I might try to watercolor someday....
Old 02-05-2015, 06:24 AM   #31072

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I kyped it off the Facespace...from a friend who shared it from a friend....but yeah, thought it was something I might try to watercolor someday....

Very very ambitious for watercolor...... But stunning. Do the sky, then after it is totally dry, do the bottom in pen and ink.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:29 AM   #31073
MPH

Mornin' Muties everywhere. Tim, Steve, just sent you messages to update on the Sunday morning question. Now I'm off to w__k. (Steve, I'm one of the fortunate ones. I happen to really enjoy my job and the people I work with. Still, I won't be sad for a minute this time next year when we load up in Bow and head to AZ and points west!)
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:56 AM   #31074

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Very very ambitious for watercolor...... But stunning. Do the sky, then after it is totally dry, do the bottom in pen and ink.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Marty - I would do the bottom in pen and ink first. Let it dry... then turn it upside down and paint the sky.

Or... take the jumbo box of mutant crayons... and use all the colors and just scribble all them all over the place... on top of each other and eveywhere. Then take a black crayon and cover over all of getting a nice pack waxy build up. Then take a wooden cuticle stick and carefully scrape through the black revealing the colors underneath... now that's art!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:16 AM   #31075

Quote:
Marty - I would do the bottom in pen and ink first. Let it dry... then turn it upside down and paint the sky.

Or... take the jumbo box of mutant crayons... and use all the colors and just scribble all them all over the place... on top of each other and eveywhere. Then take a black crayon and cover over all of getting a nice pack waxy build up. Then take a wooden cuticle stick and carefully scrape through the black revealing the colors underneath... now that's art!

Disagree.... It is going to take a lot to get the sky right..... Maybe several tries.... Skues are really really hard.
Dont spend the time on the bottom until you get the sky you like...... The bottom will be slow, but a cakewalk.....

Nice waxy buildup for sure....... They actually make that stuff pre done now, just carve it back.... Scratchboards,
I still dont like it......

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:26 AM   #31076

Fleetwood Owners Club
Marty try spray cans, check this guy out, I'll post the results in a minute. He was on the street in Waikiki, HI.
Attached Files
Old 02-05-2015, 07:32 AM   #31077

Fleetwood Owners Club
The results. Well sorry, I see the 20 sec video did not load but you can see what he started with and if you zoom in on pic see the remarkable results. All done with spray cans and smeared with crunched up paper or kitchen utensils.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	85226  
Old 02-05-2015, 07:48 AM   #31078

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Disagree.... It is going to take a lot to get the sky right..... Maybe several tries.... Skues are really really hard.
Dont spend the time on the bottom until you get the sky you like...... The bottom will be slow, but a cakewalk.....

Nice waxy buildup for sure....... They actually make that stuff pre done now, just carve it back.... Scratchboards,
I still dont like it......

Would an artist attempt to duplicate or replicate it - or just imitate it or draw from its influences. Or is art just photography with a brush or other medium. I took a class in college - Self as a Work of Art. Visiting Harvard Art Historian. We read several books from different periods of history, poetry and short stories or passages - listened to music and viewed the art from the same periods.

The final exam was aural and visual - placing people - their attire and activities - the music and the written word in their peridod and of course short answer writing on the compare contrast order.

The concept of art for and from the ages was explored and how the people and times were influenced by and represented in life and art. Within the periods the status quo - challenged by the young - the old masters documenting the day at the races - or docks or fox hunt or the rotund beauties of the day.

It was really quite interesting. It was one of those classes that subtlety tore away at the one dimensionality of a young life and opened up the layers of complexity and uniqueness of each of us. Or as my father would say - destroyed young minds and ruined society and mocked social norms. Kids today... I tell ya. I loved it.

One the authors was a Dandy - Quinton Crisp - How to Have a Life Style and How to Become a Virgin. And the role of the dandy in history.

A couple Crisp quotes to ponder...

It's no good running a pig farm badly for 30 years while saying, 'Really, I was meant to be a ballet dancer.' By then, pigs will be your style.

Life was a funny thing that happened to me on the way to the grave.
---------
Ponder amongst yourselves.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:53 AM   #31079

Jeff and Marcia Dutcher, we are missing you this year! Maybe there will yet be a chance to meet up in AZ.
And we will sooooo miss your Durge and dancing prowess in Hot Springs.
Happy trails, dear friends!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423148029.065776.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	85227

RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:56 AM   #31080

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Jeff and Marcia Dutcher, we are missing you this year! Maybe there will yet be a chance to meet up in AZ.
And we will sooooo miss your Durge and dancing prowess in Hot Springs.
Happy trails, dear friends!
Attachment 85227

RVM1
If you didn't know the context - one might think "Zombie Bacon Mutant"...