Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #3151

We've been overnighting at Cracker Barrel instead of WM lately. Check the situation by Google Earth and then call ahead. We've never been refused.

Re: free places. Google Nick Russell's guides to free & low cost - overnights, dump stations, veterans' camping & lots more. His newspaper (print or digital) is called "Gypsy Journal". It's a good read of his & his wife's full-timing travels and the unusual, out of the way places they discover.

Cheers!

Sue

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #3152

Fleetwood Owners Club
After many hours of pondering and procrastination I submit that the lights in the photo might be worthy of being the official RVM light string!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3531707611.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	377.8 KB
ID:	45971  

Old 09-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #3153

A lighted shell collection! I can't remember the last time I saw such a tastefully displayed exterior decor. Do you have a night picture?
Old 09-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #3154

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Greeting mutants, one and all. I received a PM today from one of our esteemed mutant colleagues. They were catching up on their reading and noticed there were 6 visitors viewing our mutation. I usually use the iPhone and it doesn't display that line but I have noticed this before. In fact, RVM1 and I have talked about the hidden mutant population before. I'm glad to see we have captured the imagination of lurkers and hope they one day step out into the rope lights (or away from them as the case may be) but it is also instructive as to why a newsletter and keeping some things to ourselves is a good idea. As our mutation escape and secret location lists grows we want to me mindful of possible mutant posers. We never turn away anyone and no mutant has ever been banished from the RVMdom. We just need to be mindful that our curiosity is compelling and grows more so all the time. We are not a secret mutant group but we are a group of mutants with secrets. Some may wish to enter the RVMdom in search of our treasure trove. Just a reminder to be cautious in what you share in the wild and wooly net.
RVM2 .
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #3155
RVM1

Very good post, Steve, RVM2.

I hereby officially reach out to all the RVM thread lurkers to give in to the need you feel to join in the the quest for absurd joviality, jockularity, obtusity, and also bacon, and possibly rope lights. The sharing of grand stuff is included!

My dear respected RVM lurkers: If you aint got what you dont need, if the Journey is Your Destination, you can be RVM48, with all of the rights and associated niceties, accolades, and other such good stuff.

Oh, Steve, perhaps a publically digestible version of the newsletter? RVM input and approval requested, of course.

Dave
RVM1

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #3156

I hope I can post this picture of my rope light overload. DW thinks I'm obsessed with rope lights. Proud to be RM43.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1959727878.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	443.2 KB
ID:	45990  
Old 09-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #3157
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
I hope I can post this picture of my rope light overload. DW thinks I'm obsessed with rope lights. Proud to be RM43.
Sheesh! Impressive as heck.

Dat be a bote, right?

Old 09-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #3158

I'm still shopping for my RV, but what does the Mutant World think ??
Old 09-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #3159

Quote:
Wow looks like one of the boats on Lake Mead during the parade of lights...impressive.

I also have blackout shades..

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #3160

Quote:
Well, us mutants have a lot of things we don't want and don't need, but I don't think an RV is on that list....

But I could be wrong..

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #3161
RVM1

Quote:
I invite RVMdom to also comment, but I think your threads show you are headed in the right direction, and you will soon get an "oh, what the heck" moment, make a decision, and end up navigating the road rather than the seas. Or maybe both?

I would like to vote youse as the uniquest RVMs.

If you bring the rope lights from the big bote to the land barge, shake the salt off, k?

Old 09-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #3162

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet
Any nibbles on the trawler? Does it have to go before the RV arrives?

Worry not - as ye are not the first mutant to enter the RVMdom without an RV in the present. And you do have one of sorts. I don't recommend you trailer it though as moving large boats over land might turn into a paying job and History Chanel film crew following you around.

Also - one of our mutants seems to have a new to him Motorhome - no motorhome - and another new to him Motorhome every couple of months. We mutants delight in his antics and yours as well. Keep us posted on your fishing expedition. Hope you land a land based mutant machine soon.
RVM2
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #3163

I think I'll trade all my rope lights in on just two. One shell string as illustrated, and one Flamingo set for old time memories. I'll ponder the Flamingo string, but not sure I can give up the idea.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #3164

We've had several inquires on the boat, just not a offer yet. Hurricane season in Fl not a good time to sell boats. But I'm looking forward to my land Yacht experience. Hopefully I can show off my Flamingo lights at a curiosity some day!!

« Endless Tale Game | - »