Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2015, 06:56 PM   #31809

Happy Valentines Day all you STM's ......

Well Marcia and I don't trade cards anymore either, we try to do things for each other all year long too. Today we went with friends to Los Algodonas and looked in shops, laughed way to much and shared margaritas just for the heck of it, had an early supper and now are just relaxing, it just doesn't get better than that.

I hope y'all had an excellent day too.

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2015, 07:03 PM   #31810

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Hi, Tim and Mutant folks. I haven't been on much. Suffered a back re-injury and having a rough time. However, camping season is coming! We've made lots of reservations, including two weeks at Ocean Lakes.
Sorry to hear about your bad back. H E A L I N G O M H S headed your way. Sure hope you begin to get some relief from the pain. May your caretaker have patience, understanding, and love. BTW, never be afraid to get a second opinion on your injury and a second opinion on the course of action to return the back to normal.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:06 PM   #31811

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I will have these maracas for the auction. Nola put the first layer of nice glitter paint. Any artists out there that could decoratively paint Hawaiian things on them?
Nola will also bring a crochetted doilie.
Attachment 85909

Gourds! 😍 Those are lovely, Nola. What a great item for the auction!

Do you happen to have any plain ones left? I would happily decorate one of them to donate, but I don't do paint on gourds. Other media work better for me.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:08 PM   #31812

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Sorry to hear about your bad back. H E A L I N G O M H S headed your way. Sure hope you begin to get some relief from the pain. May your caretaker have patience, understanding, and love. BTW, never be afraid to get a second opinion on your injury and a second opinion on the course of action to return the back to normal.

Thanks, Papaw. I've had two surgeries and now have been referred to Duke and Johns Hopkins for spinal fusion. I am putting that off for as long as possible, because I've never met anyone who felt better afterward.

Until camping starts, I've been quilting:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423966069.253689.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	86098Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423966087.292177.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	86099Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423966100.198864.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	86100
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:21 PM   #31813

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Hi, Tim and Mutant folks. I haven't been on much. Suffered a back re-injury and having a rough time. However, camping season is coming! We've made lots of reservations, including two weeks at Ocean Lakes.
Mary and Tom called us a short time ago trying to get use back out that way. Ha AR in April will be fun come on over! Hope your recovery is quick don't be such a stranger!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:25 PM   #31814

Quote:
Agreed! We are going to the Tucson Botanical Gardens today, Marty, and the butterfly house is OPEN!
Shhh! Surprize for MY Valentine.

Loverly! We went to one in the Caribbean last year, and it was magical. Hope y'all enjoyed your visit.

'Course there was the guy in our group who actually swatted at a butterfly that landed on his arm during the guide's talk. <very loud collective gasp> and horrified exclamations from all of us. I bet his wife was mortified!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:34 PM   #31815

Quote:
Tucson Botanical gardens, "Butterfly Magic" was on display! We both fell in love with it...for the second time. A grand and gorgeous time!
On the way home, got 2 takeaway trays at an Asia buffet for dinner later tonite. Mostly sushi and sashimi!
Attachment 86082
Attachment 86083
Attachment 86084
Attachment 86085
Attachment 86086
Attachment 86087
Attachment 86088
Attachment 86089
Attachment 86090
Happy VD STMs!

Now there are some spectacular pics! Any idea what that last critter is? Some kind of desert fly? (Nonono, not dessert!)
Old 02-14-2015, 07:38 PM   #31816

Fleetwood Owners Club
Liz, my Mary looked at your quilts and was amazed that in the time it took her to do one baby blanket size quilt, you've done three full size ones. She sends her regards on the quilt work and regrets on the back issue. Tell your Mary hi from us!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:39 PM   #31817

Quote:

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about your back! Been there in one way or 'tother and do understand the pain of movement. Hope it will respond to treatment, meds, rest, and whatever else it takes! Ommmms!

Thanks for keeping your mutant family in the loop. If massed ommmms can help, we're there for you!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:45 PM   #31818

Quote:
Thanks, Papaw. I've had two surgeries and now have been referred to Duke and Johns Hopkins for spinal fusion. I am putting that off for as long as possible, because I've never met anyone who felt better afterward.

Until camping starts, I've been quilting:
Attachment 86098Attachment 86099Attachment 86100

Lovely pieces! You've obviously had plenty of time to work on them. Will you finish the 2 tops first or start another? Are these for yourselves or for special gifts?
Old 02-14-2015, 08:03 PM   #31819

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Lovely pieces! You've obviously had plenty of time to work on them. Will you finish the 2 tops first or start another? Are these for yourselves or for special gifts?

I have one on my new mid-arm, one on the cutting/piecing/sewing tables and another waiting for binding that I quilted this week. I pretty much have three in progress all the time. This is the one being pieced:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423969252.535202.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	86102

The pink and yellow one is for our granddaughter, the stacked coins has a twin - they're for recliner snuggling, the small one is a wall hanging and the stars are for the moho bed.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:11 PM   #31820

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about your back! Been there in one way or 'tother and do understand the pain of movement. Hope it will respond to treatment, meds, rest, and whatever else it takes! Ommmms!

Thanks for keeping your mutant family in the loop. If massed ommmms can help, we're there for you!
X2...

We miss you... !
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:38 PM   #31821

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Ohhhmmmss are gratefully accepted. I need to go camping!
Old 02-14-2015, 09:27 PM   #31822
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Next you and Wayne will be looking for a place with carry-out service.
No way! No way will they be able to carry Herb!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote