Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2015, 09:32 PM   #31823

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Hey Timmy and Di, just saw the forecast for the winter storm and AR. gets hammered. Baton down the hatches and you guys stay inside where it's safe and warm.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Thanks for the warning Herbie, if we can get these two grands back to their house before it starts falling, then it can get knee deep! Plenty of firewood, coffee and of course bread and milk! Only problem I might see is it delaying by loggers getting finished. Once their out I've got to get fence finished. April 15 just around the corner!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2015, 09:37 PM   #31824

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
No way! No way will they be able to carry Herb!

Now now Your Roundness...people who live in glass houses...

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 02-14-2015, 09:39 PM   #31825

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Thanks, Papaw. I've had two surgeries and now have been referred to Duke and Johns Hopkins for spinal fusion. I am putting that off for as long as possible, because I've never met anyone who felt better afterward.
I have the lowest three vertebrae in my back fused and I have not felt so good since prior to being hurt. My doctor told me to not look at it as if I was losing 30% of my back's mobility but to look at it as gaining 70% back. I can't pivot as much as I could at 20 but I can pivot way better now than I could 5 years ago.

Ohhmmmssss for you back!
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:39 PM   #31826

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Tucson Botanical gardens, "Butterfly Magic" was on display! We both fell in love with it...for the second time. A grand and gorgeous time!
On the way home, got 2 takeaway trays at an Asia buffet for dinner later tonite. Mostly sushi and sashimi!
Attachment 86082
Attachment 86083
Attachment 86084
Attachment 86085
Attachment 86086
Attachment 86087
Attachment 86088
Attachment 86089
Attachment 86090
Happy VD STMs!
Nice flutterbys Dave.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:57 AM   #31827

Mornin, mutant Fambly! Sleep is still in my eyes and cobwebs in my brain, but the sun is shining so it must be morning. Already.

Some of my cousins have begun to arrive in the Ft. Myers area just to our north. Fun times ahead as we catch up with each others' news. We get to introduce them to "glamping", too ... us with our farm backgrounds, who mostly grew up tent camping. Whodathunkit?!!
Old 02-15-2015, 07:12 AM   #31828

GOOG MORNING Mutants
Preparing for the weather to come....
In Arkansas, we get it so rarely, that our state is not equipped for much.... Think we do have a few salt trucks..... But for the main roads. We live in the highest, steepest area of Little Rock....

If we lose power we can go to the rv, but If we get down our driveway, we cannot get back up it......
Wayne, Tim, and Dwayne have been here....

Larry is starting up the fireplace, i will soon start a hot pot of soup.....
Just in case of power outages...
But think i will start a new book and just sit by the fire....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:22 AM   #31829

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
GOOG MORNING Mutants
Preparing for the weather to come....
In Arkansas, we get it so rarely, that our state is not equipped for much.... Think we do have a few salt trucks..... But for the main roads. We live in the highest, steepest area of Little Rock....

If we lose power we can go to the rv, but If we get down our driveway, we cannot get back up it......
Wayne, Tim, and Dwayne have been here....

Larry is starting up the fireplace, i will soon start a hot pot of soup.....
Just in case of power outages...
But think i will start a new book and just sit by the fire....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Di do you still have your grands? We've got to run ours to Conway before sleet/snow starts. We would keep them another day or two but to be honest, we are tired! Lol
Old 02-15-2015, 08:19 AM   #31830

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Di do you still have your grands? We've got to run ours to Conway before sleet/snow starts. We would keep them another day or two but to be honest, we are tired! Lol

Nope... They went home yesterday. They live out Hwy 10, right before Lake Maumelle, Mama works at Chidrens Hosp, Daddy at Baptist N, so they are frequent...... They are all in daycare at Chidrens Hosp,
Other 2 are in Batesville. So that is usually a monthly visit, but those 2 like to talk via facetime on phone.....

Old 02-15-2015, 08:21 AM   #31831

Quote:
Ohhhmmmss are gratefully accepted. I need to go camping!

Ohmms for your back..... Your quilts are wonderful.... Beautiful handworks.... Lots of patience.....

Old 02-15-2015, 08:23 AM   #31832

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good Morning all yee who mutate, future mutaters and especially those of you who lurk - with OR without RVM numbers. We wish you would join us with a update or membership pledge. It's the only way into the GC1.2 Redux at Beautiful Catherine's Lading in Hot Springs Arkansas - 4/15 - 4/22 Closing Night.... and that my mutants is well worth the price of admission. Speak up and be heard from!!!

TOP 10 Reasons You Don't Wanna Miss GC 1.2 Redux in no particular order.... or mutant style...

10. Well there's my Luau Smoked Pork butts and gallons of my special blend of Hurricanes that will accompany the Paul Byrd Band. Saturday Night.

9. There's Tims Sunday Morning "Driver Improvement Seminar" to start at 11am on Sunday, followed by Kates' Sunday Morning Meditation, and then a repeat of Bloody Mary Mixer.

8. Don't forget - The Big One Crock-Pot-Luck Wonder
Dinner Tuesay night. Di is coordinating this culinary art adventure and the side dishes for luau night.

7. Speaking of Di and Art - Paint With Di is back by popular demand. Learn to watercolor via personal instruction, Friday at 1 pm in the Pavallion. All supplies provided and paint alongs on other days as time permits.

6. Di has also expressed interest in leading a filed trip to Garvan Woodland Gardens for great for photo ops.

5. She has also suggested - Walking Downtown Hot Springs - Monday, much to see and pomder - art galleries, historic bath houses, and sitting on the porch of the historic Arlington Hotel.
Possible -10:30ish with lunch/brunch at the old Pancake House - or elsewhere.

4. That same Monday 4/20 - The Pushedarounds', Annie and will be fishing with the same guide that put Papaw Steve, Mary Ann, Annie and I on over 60 pounds of striped bass. If interested in joining - John the guide has other guides available. PM me for details.

3. AND - Let us not forget the Grand Poobahs' Ceremonial Opening the Kimono, Thursday eveming April 16th. You will never be the same.

2. The wine and cheese social (without last year's Pre Opening Grande Wind and Rain Storm) on Wednesday.

1. Meeting your fellow mutants face to face.

And One To Grow On.
Sitting up or downwind of great campfires at the evening Pavilion meet ups as Tim attempts to dispose of the Tree that jumped out and tagged their rainbow rider - and the acres of wood cleared in his fencing escapades.

If you have followed along this Mutant Journey - you have read many testimonials and first hand accounts of the wonders of a GC - a mutant retirement party in Rockport - and many Mini and Midi Curiosities that have been held across the RVMdom. This is no joke - you absolutely cannot have a better time than a gathering of mutants. Period. End of Sentence.

C'ya there!
Steve and Annie
RVM2
Old 02-15-2015, 08:26 AM   #31833

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
virginiamtns,

I have had two spinal fusions. I want to give you back some hope. The first fusion was over 20 yrs ago and at L4, L5. They placed a piece of donor bone in my spine. I had been in pain for years and was to the point that I would prefer to die if this was what life was going to be. I told the doctor just before they put me out that if he could not fix it please slip and let me die. He was not happy with this comment but it told him how bad my pain was.

I was so scared! I came out of surgery with absolutely no pain! It was almost shocking to me. The doctor came into my room a few hours later and told me they were going to fit me with a body support system. It went from breast to butt. It held me completely still at the spine area. I wore it 6 weeks. The doctor told me if I laid in the bed I would be there the rest of my life. If I got up and walked I would walk the rest of my life. Five yrs ago my husband and I walked 2000 feet down the Grand Canyon and back up.

The biggest reason people have things go bad after surgery is because you have been hurting so long that when the pain is gone you just want to do things. You bend over and it is all over. You pick something up that is to heavy and it is all over. You move outside the bounds the doctor set for you, it is all over.

I followed the doctor's instructions EXACTLY. I have never had problems since. It took a full year to fully heal. I can move a full wheel barrel around my garden, have refinished wood floors with all the heavy equipment, and have worked 40 or more hours a week including moving 400 pound patients.

Back surgery is like anything else. Do what you are told and you will recover. Go against instructions and you will have problems.

Second fusions is at C6, C7. I was not scared at all because I already knew what to expect and do. Follow the doctor's instructions. I have donor bone, a metal plate, and 4 screws in my neck. Automobile accident. I was sitting at a stop sign and got broadsided. I get a bit sore at times, but not much. I do not take pain meds on a regular basis, only occasionally.

One thing we added to our toys or health aids is an Inversion bench. I hand upside down once a month and it keeps my discs open and functioning properly. If I get sore from moving too many patients I get on the bench. It takes 2 minutes and feels great.

Get your surgery done. I had put it off for 4 years because I was afraid because of the stories I had heard. I could have kicked myself when I woke up and the pain was gone. All that pain and it hadn't been necessary. PM me and I will give you my E-mail and we can talk If you have questions.

It really will help. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:35 AM   #31834

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^^ X2 - I had disc crumple in my neck - the hockey puck has been there 13 or 14 years and doing fine. A piece of the disc that broke off was sitting right on the nerve for my right arm. It was dreadfully painful but worse - I was losing strength in my right arm. Left undone my arm would probably have died and fallen off...

Discs, necks and spines are nothing to fool with. Nothing is risk free but these things are serious and unless a Doc recommends leaving it be - it's probably best to get it fixed. I have noted that where orthopedic and spinal doctors are concerned - other than trauma - they would rather not cut into you... JMHO...
Old 02-15-2015, 08:42 AM   #31835

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree Steve. They won't cut unless they feel certain they can help. It is usually the patient that screws things up because they don't follow post op instructions TO THE LETTER.

This is one time you CANNOT play with those instructions.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:52 AM   #31836

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Hi, Tim and Mutant folks. I haven't been on much. Suffered a back re-injury and having a rough time. However, camping season is coming! We've made lots of reservations, including two weeks at Ocean Lakes.
Healing Ohmmms pointed in your direction Elizabeth. Get better soon!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote