Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2015, 06:41 AM   #32089

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
No way we can be at Bryce. Wish we could. But, did I read something about a possible GC in Michigan in 2016? We'll likely be in MI sometime in mid-2016.

At present, our plan has us in Glacier in early June, 2016. From there we'll head to SD, then through Minnesota and Wisconsin on the way to MI. Sept. 2016 is gonna see us in Vermont. Let us know if any of you STMs will be in any of those haunts and we'll make sure we bring margaritas.

Of course, these "plans" of ours can all go up in smoke if we get side-tracked by something interesting. After all, it's all about the journey. Plans be damned!

Night all.

Oh plans... You mean those written in Jello, right?

Which illustrious Potentate might it have been who said, "plan the w@!k and then w@!k the plan."? It's the same for the journey, and you, my girl, have it down pat, apparently.

Journey on ... as and when. Might see you in Michigan!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2015, 07:01 AM   #32090

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Upper MI or Mackinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
I lived in MI for 55 years where ya thinking Lynne ?
Mackinaw City so if anyone wants to go to the island they can UP also has some great places but may be too far for others. We will not have a MH yet so will need a hotel or cabin.

It would depend on what people want available. Would we be meeting just to eat and visit or do people want other entertainments?

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:38 AM   #32091
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Talked to Don and Colleen tonight. They will be making their reservation for 1.2 and are planning on being at Ruby's at Bryce as well.

I heard from Clay and Pebble. They will NOT be able to come.

April will be here in just a few sleeps..... We still want all if the mutants to come, So if you are still undecided, i so understand, but we are getting ready to shift 99% of the boring plan talking to the other place.... With just a few enticements here.... Do not think we cancelled, oh NO, just changing the channel so this thread continues on with the loops, twists, and turns.... a rainbow slide.......

At 10 pm, i took the dogs out to potty, all was fine, i came back in, within 5 minutes Larry looked out and it was a blizzard of snow. Dogs had been at the top of the hill, they made it down in 5 seconds..... Terriers can really run..... Laughed for 30 minutes at them.... Which is as long as the snowstorm lasted.... All schools closed again today.... But at leaset Larry got the drive cleared yesterday......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:01 AM   #32092

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I heard from Clay and Pebble. They will NOT be able to come.
Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Arrrggghh - let me guess, Waynes theme song did em in...

Sorry Clay and Pebble. We were looking forward to meeting you despite all the things Tim has told us about you.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:11 AM   #32093
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:

Sorry Clay and Pebble. We were looking forward to meeting you despite all the things Tim has told us about you.

They are building a new s/b, and had thought they would get in, but not yet..... Havent met them, but did pm them...

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #32094

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
No way we can be at Bryce. Wish we could. But, did I read something about a possible GC in Michigan in 2016? We'll likely be in MI sometime in mid-2016.

At present, our plan has us in Glacier in early June, 2016. From there we'll head to SD, then through Minnesota and Wisconsin on the way to MI. Sept. 2016 is gonna see us in Vermont. Let us know if any of you STMs will be in any of those haunts and we'll make sure we bring margaritas.

Of course, these "plans" of ours can all go up in smoke if we get side-tracked by something interesting. After all, it's all about the journey. Plans be damned!

Night all.

Hi, Mel. When you swing down our way, give us a shout. We're hoping to meet more STMs. We've met six, all at the iRV rally. We are pretty good tour guides!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:54 AM   #32095

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Hi, Mel. When you swing down our way, give us a shout. We're hoping to meet more STMs. We've met six, all at the iRV rally. We are pretty good tour guides!
It's not the quantity of mutants that count, it's the quality!
Old 02-18-2015, 09:59 AM   #32096
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Since I am a major mosquito magnet, I will beg that we select a 2016 GC venue wisely. Please let's choose anywhere that is NOT plagued by the flying monsters.
Barb, have you looked at "ThermaCell" as a mosquito repellant? Most sporting goods stores have them. OF COURSE, you have to keep it away from the one that can be a pest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Done been thinking about this here set of rules. Somehow I can't figutre out which rule should be edited to include "take a nap?"
Those rules are good but I do agree about the nap. I think it should be inserted after every rule as "(NAP)."

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
"Pastys". I misread that originally as "pasties" and my mind went somewhere else for a moment...which really made the comments about 'snarfing' and 'hungry for' a little strange...

I don't have a lot to say sometimes but I do try to keep up with this merry band every other night or so (then I spot a good place for a wry comment but by then it's several pages too late...). Wish I could make the GC but it ain't gonna happen this year. Hopefully I'll see some of you in Decatur in June & I can play the live version instead of the home game...

oh well, off to bed & back to w**k for another couple of months before I can pull the plug and start the grand adventure...
Dave, I have the same mindset as you, apparently. I would much rather be nibbling on pasties. A person should not argue with Merriam-Webster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
[...]
At 10 pm, i took the dogs out to potty, all was fine, i came back in, within 5 minutes Larry looked out and it was a blizzard of snow. Dogs had been at the top of the hill, they made it down in 5 seconds..... Terriers can really run..... Laughed for 30 minutes at them.... Which is as long as the snowstorm lasted.... All schools closed again today.... But at leaset Larry got the drive cleared yesterday......

The first time Miya (Our 80 lb Husky for those that don't know) saw snow was at Mount Rainier. We stopped and let her out on a 16' leash. She was just in heaven. Her web feet kept her on top of the snow. Somewhere I have a picture of that.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:03 AM   #32097
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Au contraire mon ami, my theme song is a lure that just keeps people interested.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:07 PM   #32098
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Hey to you the other Les .....

Since I was enjoying some single malt, I simply mistyped my head knew what I wanted to type but my fingers typed something else, and by the time I realized it, it was to late to edit it, sorry if it caused confusion,

When you are dealing with possums, and dogpatches and beavers things can get confusing ..... lol .....

Cheers !!!!
No worries! I know what you mean.

My 2 week hangover is just starting to subside.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:11 PM   #32099
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Ya know beaches can be over rated, its good to expand your horizons by seeing canyons and cactuses and open vistas ..... Try it you'll see....
I hear what yer sayin.....but.....

Tough to beat these!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	86393  
Old 02-18-2015, 01:15 PM   #32100

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
It's not the quantity of mutants that count, it's the quality!

X2...lol
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:18 PM   #32101
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Just thinking of my RVM friends. Ain't no good being a Yooper if ya don't do no pasty! I used to snarf them somethin terrible! I will enjoy watching, armed with bourbon.
Edible Pasty's???

Where is that Burlesque show?
Old 02-18-2015, 01:33 PM   #32102
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Rented one of these in Maui.

Enjoyed drivin it!

Took the front tops off. Sunburnt my forehead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	391.1 KB
ID:	86394