Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #3277
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
I can play a mean set of spoons!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #3278

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I can play a mean set of spoons!
Hey, c'mon down! We really can mess with the neighbors' heads, can't we?

I play -at- the spoons and love the sound. 'Specially when played mean!

Old 09-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #3279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Not to beat a dead equine, but to add insult: this evening I opened the pantry door, not carefully enough. Since the designers didn't see fit to fit lips on the shelves, you have an idea what's coming.

Specifically, half a pound of honey in a plastic jar fell on my foot, closely followed by a pound of molasses in a glass jar. Since I was already doing the ouchie-dance, said molasses jar shattered on the pretty shiny tile floor. Not so pretty. Pretty sparkles on nearby rugs, though.

I'm goin' ta bed!!! (Careful I don't fall out. This isn't Friday the 13th anymore, is it???)

Cheers!
Sue, So sorry to hear about the slide mishap , and the droppage of heavy items especially the molten molasses all over the floor, I had that happen once with a bottle of peach schnapps when opening the liquor cabinet door it smashed all over and then you have to make sure you get everything or it gets sticky. Hopefully the people you had fix it in the first place warranty their work. I'll keep my fingers crossed and wait for an update.

Dogpatch, sorry to hear about your governments sticky fingers also, sometimes ya just cant win when it comes to a body of government thinking you are doing to well, and feel they need a piece of the action, but hopefully one day you can just say screw em and get away from those kinds of taxes, I just figured out what Im saving by not paying property taxes anymore and Im going wow and hip hip hooray. anyway I hope the sting goes away swiftly.

Till next time
Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #3280

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post
yeah, I feel that way, I do some of my best thinking behind the wheel. I enjoy moving down the road, and settling into a pretty spot, but not having to be tied to a place. I am SO ready to part with the house and hit the road, and we are SO far from having all the dominoes lined up to do it-- but we will get there!

Welcome To You Kas,

We are happy you have decided to join us, and you will be amazed that no matter how long it takes to get everything in a row and in order, once it finally happens you will sit back with a glass of wine and think geeeesssshhhhh that really didnt take all that long in the grand scheme of things. I know my DW and I thought that as well, but low and behold we have been rolling since June 3rd and all that time between December of 2012 and June 2013 was just like gone, over and done with and we survived. Keep your chin up and keep the faith all good things come to those that wait.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #3281

RVM1 said:

And few know that there truly is a St Olaf MN, a township

So there ya go son of a gun doggone it den dare too!

Big Foghorn Leghorn rooster say:

Hummff ... St Garmin never heard of it.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #3282
RVM1

Arrived. Canon City, Co. And it is grand!

The nasty weather and damage far to the North, and things clearing here for the next week or so.

We are at Starlite Classic Campground. It is like a tour of the RV Hall of Fame in Elkhart. Check it out!!!
http://www.starliteclassiccampground.com/

Out our front window is Royal Gorge (cant wait for a nice sunset):
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2208536327.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	46142

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #3283
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Sparky has perched himself in his resting spot and barking at me to do start the engine and roll. He doesn't understand why we can't leave today. Attachment 46129
RVM2
Mascots are by nature impatient creatures, but I do believe they get on our computers and iPads after we fall asleep every night to share tips. Sena even has Lily primed for travel. Every time I get near the driver's seat of our Class C, Lily looks up at me as if asking, "Can we go now?"
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #3284
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
RVM1 said:

And few know that there truly is a St Olaf MN, a township

So there ya go son of a gun doggone it den dare too!

Big Foghorn Leghorn rooster say:

Hummff ... St Garmin never heard of it.
Wuzat ya say son? Ya prefer Charmin?
(The poor boy is going daft) ;-)

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #3285
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post
JUST for the little sticker???????

That is ridiculous!

I'm glad we are keeping TX as domicile when we head out-- been here 30+ years and have grown used to lower costs of living. Still, I am SO looking forward to visiting cold places, like hubby's family's cabin in CO-- I just don't think we can afford the cost of living up there or we'd move.
Welcome to the insanity that we so enjoy, KAS. hope you have fun here, too. You have mentioned your DW, Greg, and the dog and "kids". Just curious -- how many and what ages? This is a measurement of your insanity level

Regarding choice of domicile. Are you aware that South Dakota does not require vehicle inspections, has exemptions from jury duty for full-timers, and usually has cheaper license plates and insurance rates than TX? You only need to drop in every 5 years, soon to be 10, to renew your driver's licenses?
Old 09-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #3286
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Back in the '40's and 50's, my dentist used to give me a little dab of mercury and I would use it to polish silver coins. Shined them up real nice. I still have all my fingers and toes. (Good think, I need them to count to 10, (or is it 20.))
I was working as a civilian dental asst for the Army in 1974 and got mercury on my brand new wedding ring, which made it SO shiny. One of the lab techs said the mercury would eat up the solder used to re-size my ring. I wonder if the mercury was as hard on coins?
Old 09-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #3287

After awhile, the mercury on silver or copper coins oxidized and turned a dull grey.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #3288
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
After awhile, the mercury on silver or copper coins oxidized and turned a dull grey.
Sounds like what happened to my wedding ring, and the marriage. But I have a most wonderful daughter to show for it and the ring sold for a profit in the early 80's gold fever.

Win-win!
Old 09-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #3289

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Mm-hmmm ... an Autoharp. With my lap dulcimer & some other RVM's guitar (who?) we could quite a nice Curiosity. We could either entertain or drive away the neighbors. ;D

Speaking of which, keep an eye out for a guy who owns 2 Model Ts and drives them around town some. Wave and say, "Hi, Art!" He's a friend of ours in your town.

Cheers!
Sue
Don't expect lil 'ol me to contribute musically; I can't sing and have trouble tuning the stereo so that pretty much covers my contributions.

KAZ et al, welcome to the flock. This group is so flighty it has to be bird driven.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #3290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Don't expect lil 'ol me to contribute musically; I can't sing and have trouble tuning the stereo so that pretty much covers my contributions.

KAZ et al, welcome to the flock. This group is so flighty it has to be bird driven.
Yo, Possum! Can you tap a foot? Or bang a cane in rhythm? You'll do! What a gang!