Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2013, 05:10 AM   #3319

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

I had to rid of the ducks, tho. They pooped on everything and something was picking them off.
I thought the fed already busted my brother for having a silencer on a .22 scoped rifle.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #3320

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

Wuzat ya say son? Ya prefer Charmin?
(The poor boy is going daft) ;-)
My fav cartoon quote ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-636236608.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	46188  

Old 09-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #3321
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post

My fav cartoon quote ....
http://www.wiseacre-gardens.com/sound/foghorn03.wav

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #3322
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I thought the fed already busted my brother for having a silencer on a .22 scoped rifle.
Dang! And I was thinking coyotes or the neighbors big dog. Mystery solved.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #3323

well today took a turn wow. I was cleaning up some limbs and wouldn't you know it I got bit by a rattle snake! now that sucked I forgot how bad that hurts. I'm fine doing great now. a little pain but it only got one fang in and not much of it. I was able to get most of the venom out so I'll be good. I did the rattlesnake roundup in TX for many years.
So I figured out another thing I can do with out! RATTLESNAKES LOL

RVM48
Dwayne & Shara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #3324
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good Lord, Breed! I lived in Texas most of my life and rattlers were something we kids were always warned about. The first thing I'd do if bitten would be to call 911 and get help FAST!

Please be more careful. I know mutants are a tough bunch, but so are rattle snakes.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #3325

Fleetwood Owners Club
Aloha, yep, I'm back. Almost 2 weeks in Hawaii and I can report NO RV's! So after hours of catch up reading I see I've missed new mutants added, new MH's, Steve going Bounding, slide problems, tax problems, bacon eating, mascot remorse, mutant musical troupe tryouts and of course snake bite! My condolences on the problems, my congrats on the announcements, it's so good to be back among normal mutants again.

Since I misses the official Vol. 1 edition of the RVM newsletter and my eyes are too tired to reread all the post to find it, would someone, post the link so I can get my information entered?
Old 09-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #3326
KAS

reclycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Welcome to the insanity that we so enjoy, KAS. hope you have fun here, too. You have mentioned your DW, Greg, and the dog and "kids". Just curious -- how many and what ages? This is a measurement of your insanity level
Let me see, I've a 24 yr old son who is no longer living with us, a married 22 yr old daughter and I like the kid she married, they have our first grandchild. Then there are the little ones, Gary came into my life without children, I said, I'm game! and so we have a 4 yr old (Little Tiger) and a 19month old (Little Crow). We currently have two little dogs and in the future plan for a big dog. Being that the dogs are 14 and 8, it will sadly not be that many years until the big dog joins the family.

As for how long till we hit the road? Well, the future toad is still in renovations as is the future RV. The future toad is an old ambulance/sheriff's vehicle which will be a mini-RV that will seat 6 passengers. It has taken two years but all the lights are redone, a new bumper has been welded, it has been hand stripped of old paint and repainted with a space age ceramic paint (like used on the space shuttle) that really does keep the inside cooler. Hubby found seats to add once I decide how I want them. All the "illegal for a civilian" lights are gone, replaced with legal stuff, and he took out the siren knowing full well I would never be able to resist pushing that button. I'm now starting to drive it around town to do a steady shake down of the redo. It needs work on the steering with a tiny wander in it. LOVE the turning radius and it parks like a dream. The wide mirrors fold in when I need to narrow it down. This far has taken 2 years but he has also in that time done considerable work on the RV.

OH, and the retired/recycled ambulance/sheriff's vehicle, very likely going to be dubbed Mom's Taxi, but which I want to call the Mini-B because I call the RV the Behemoth, is deliberately made very wide with the mirrors so I can get used to driving a vehicle as wide as the RV.

People stare, and say, you drive an ambulance? And I say, yes, it was once an ambulance but it is recycled now.

Other friends seemed to think I was joking when I said I was going to be driving a recycled ambulance-- my but they were surprised when I drove up in it the other day.

And one of these two kids had better get their father's nose for applied physics so they can do the maintenance on these things because I am clueless.

yeah, I may never have another new vehicle but I'll never lack for a conversation starter!
Old 09-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #3327

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
RVM ponderance:

Reconnoiter.
How can you "re"connoiter if you have not first connoited?

If I must determine a route, I connoit it. If I must re-consider the route, I reconnoit.
Reconnoiter is the act of connoiting again; repeating the connoit....as it were.

Same applies with reconnaissance. Connaissance happens first.

But, I digress.......
Well, it makes sense, redress is the act of dressing again, no?
and redundant would naturally be after the act of dundanting, eh?

Oh..so much, so much...

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #3328

Quote:
Originally Posted by breed View Post
well today took a turn wow. I was cleaning up some limbs and wouldn't you know it I got bit by a rattle snake! now that sucked I forgot how bad that hurts. I'm fine doing great now. a little pain but it only got one fang in and not much of it. I was able to get most of the venom out so I'll be good. I did the rattlesnake roundup in TX for many years.
So I figured out another thing I can do with out! RATTLESNAKES LOL
I am so glad you are OK, but .... exactly how did that rattler manage to sneak up on you?...

Inquiring minds want to know "the rest of the story"....

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post

Well, it makes sense, redress is the act of dressing again, no?
and redundant would naturally be after the act of dundanting, eh?

Oh..so much, so much...
This mini-ponder has me doing it too. Retire, for instance is obviously after tire, or most likely tired. Makes sense. However there are more obtuse "re" somethings.

So what can be logical about "reply"? Must one first be in a state of "ply" before "replying"? "Return" really has me overloaded. Don't ever recall (oh geesh another one) being "turn" so he can I ever return? There goes my last synapse. I can smell the smoke now.

Where is Andy Rooney when I need him?
Old 09-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #3330

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski
Aloha, yep, I'm back. Almost 2 weeks in Hawaii and I can report NO RV's! So after hours of catch up reading I see I've missed new mutants added, new MH's, Steve going Bounding, slide problems, tax problems, bacon eating, mascot remorse, mutant musical troupe tryouts and of course snake bite! My condolences on the problems, my congrats on the announcements, it's so good to be back among normal mutants again.

Since I misses the official Vol. 1 edition of the RVM newsletter and my eyes are too tired to reread all the post to find it, would someone, post the link so I can get my information entered?
Book em Dano.. Hey welcome back. Busy here at RVM Central and didn't get the RVM News Posted - despite stripping most of the good stuff out to standalone Excel Tables. Still shooting to do so before mutating down the road.

Just swimming in work and prep to go. You know the drill.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #3331

KAS, your husband seems to be a "can do" sort. I like that. Takes a lot of ingenuity to build an RV from an empty shell. The hidden benefit for that becomes evident when the rig needs some "on the road" mechanical attention. THE mechanic is on board.

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the build up process, if you have time to take pictures. A little tip; take up close photos of any wiring and plumbing that will later be hidden behind cabinets etc.; those photos will help you when you need to remember how stuff is hooked up or routed. My battery wiring photos have certainly made replacing batteries less stressful.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #3332

Breed !!!

I hope you got that bite checked out, nothing worse than having something come up later after you think you got all the venom out, I am not a fan of snakes either, any kind of snake, I dont scream like a girl or nothing like that, Id just prefer not being to close or at least having something that shoots snake shot out of it.

Welcome Back Hunt,
I am not surprised that you didnt see to many RV's in Hawaii, I mean where would you really drive them, although I did see an episode of Extreme RV's that had a feller that made one with pontoons and outriggers, Im not sure it makes to much sense and its way out of my budget, but interesting.

Hey Kas
You and your DH are definitely RVM material, of course now you are going to have to post pics, and progress reports and wont that be a great attraction at a curiosity rally. Please keep us posted.

Hi Don, Moonrover
My biggest question is about recycling and repurposing, and can you recycle if you dont have a cycle or repurpose if you arent exactly sure what your purpose is in the first place? I think my mind is just going to xplode.

I hope the rest of you are well and having a ball, we are.

Cheers !!!!

PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

« Bananas | - »