Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2015, 01:36 AM   #33377

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Where ever the GC it will be grand! Now the weather is questionable when Steve gets involved, seems he has a cloud following him! But ha, we'll survive, we're mutants!
Is he the reincarnation of Joe Btfsplk?

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2015, 07:51 AM   #33378

Good morning mutants !!!!!!

Good Morning, today is the day, a glorious repeat of last year, today is the day that Midnight at the Oasis begins again. Today we will camp out on a corner in Yuma and watch as 900 cars cruise past every year and configuration possible will be seen !! And then the bands will begin this evening to bring back sounds from our childhood that are gone but not forgotten !! Life in the desert is Good !!

Cheers !!!!

PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:56 AM   #33379

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Good morning mutants !!!!!!

Good Morning, today is the day, a glorious repeat of last year, today is the day that Midnight at the Oasis begins again. Today we will camp out on a corner in Yuma and watch as 900 cars cruise past every year and configuration possible will be seen !! And then the bands will begin this evening to bring back sounds from our childhood that are gone but not forgotten !! Life in the desert is Good !!

Cheers !!!!
Sounds great, no land surfing in the traffic!
Old 03-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #33380
RVM1

Quote:
Sounds great, no land surfing in the traffic!

No. I want to see land surfing Jeff!!!!
In traffic and pics please.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #33381
RVM1

Quote:
Ok, I've heard of Palm readers, and people that tell the weather using weather rocks, but this is new, we now have a puddle reader!

Tim, if Papaw can read puddles, he is a MUST have attendee at CL. Twixt all of us, we STMs may get it right and ward off all weather threats. Any rain dancers please stay home!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:15 AM   #33382

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Any Gurus out there?
If so please see my quest thread "New Twist on An Old Computer" and comment.
TIA
Old 03-06-2015, 11:41 AM   #33383

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
R U an RV Mutant too?

Good Mornin Mutant World!

Nobody double-dog dared me so my tongue wasn't frozen to anything! It was however a beast around here the day before yesterday! 1 1/2 inches of ice followed by 7" of soft wet snow. But that wasn't even the worst of it. The wind was actually howling all nite long hitting us broadside so Jenny was gently rocking us to sleep. I don't remember the last time I heard wind like that. It was 24 and wind chill was like 10. And wouldn't ya know it, Abbey and Molly start barking to go out to the bathroom. By the time I got them taken care of I looked like a walking snow cone! Despite three layers of sweats, coat, mand down filled vest I was froze to the bone. "Lord please take me away from all of this bad weather." Next morning we awaken to bright sunny skies, not even the slightest breeze, and 42 degrees so everything was 90% gone by 2 pm.

I dream of getting my company sold and gettin outta here! Winters in Az or even San Diego. But alas no buyers yet. Sometimes I wish that 25 years ago I had chosen to stay with the Fortune 500 company I had worked for 20 years. I could have been retired by now chasin you guys around the country. Oh well I'm still blessed with a successful business. I know the man upstairs has shown me to be highly favored and I will stop complaining and just enjoy "the journey."

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 03-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #33384

Herb,

Just remember good things come to those who wait.

Well we fixed breakfast for brunch....... Venison tenderloin , taters , eggs , and fruit , nobody leaves here hungry !!!!

Cheers !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1425665285035.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	87868   Click image for larger version

Name:	1425665414889.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	87869  

Old 03-06-2015, 12:23 PM   #33385

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Herb,

Well we fixed breakfast for brunch....... Venison tenderloin , taters , eggs , and fruit , nobody leaves here hungry !!!!

Cheers !!!

Jeff next time we are together I'm coming over to your place for breakfast.....that there is a feast!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 03-06-2015, 12:35 PM   #33386

Oh yeah it was definitely a feast, normally reserved for the beginning of deer season in Michigan, but seeing as today was a special occasion, well what better way to start it, a breakfast that will get you clear through to Happy Hour .....

Cha Ching !!!
Old 03-06-2015, 03:36 PM   #33387

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
When we go fishing out here we have great bait as evidenced below.

OK a news update for you 'merikans who think all us Canucks look alike. I just got a PM from #2 telling me something and claiming he's talking to the dog. Well I ain't got any canine in me whatsoever and being basically marsupial I take objection to the inference.

DW and I live way over to the left coast of BC and the dog and his lovely wife live way over there to the east of us about 2/3 the way across BC ; I'm starting to think some of y'all are slow learners on the short bus.

See y'all when we get back online.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	catfish.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	87872  
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2015, 03:59 PM   #33388

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Herb,

Cheers !!!
That looks delicious! Venison is the main staple at our house.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:06 PM   #33389

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
DW and I live way over to the left coast of BC and the dog and his lovely wife live way over there to the east of us about 2/3 the way across BC ; I'm starting to think some of y'all are slow learners on the short bus.
Years ago my daughter went to FL to a conference when she was in High School. They all had name tags with the state they were from. Now one of these smart kids comes up to her and wants to know what country Idaho is in.

AND...I had a travel bug that moves from geocache to geocache. It was picked up in GA and its goal was to travel to Idaho. It first was moved to SC and then up the coast to Ohio. Some seam to think that is where Idaho is located.

I hear you, man...

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:11 PM   #33390

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Hey ya'll, Citrus is in the driveway. We start packing it tomorrow and leave Friday for Fort Sam, San Antonio. Son and DIL will be babysitting the house.

Yeah!!

Bon voyage, Wayne, Earlene, & Citrus, and bon chance! Hope all goes well this trip!

We are homeward bound, toward Ft. Lauderdale anyway. Passengers saw a small boat on fire today and 2 people leaving it via Skidoos ... with the Coast Guard approaching and a search plane overhead. Word is, probably a drug run gone bad. Happens often out here in the Caribbean.

Mahahual, at the southern end of the Yucatan peninsula, was fascinating. We had a meal at the home of a Mayan family. It was a compound of several small palm-thatched buildings, each one like a separate room in the home. One kitchen, another a bedroom, another the sitting room, and so on. Fruit on the trees, fiber plants for making ropes growing along the paths, dye plants to be found in the surrounding jungle. All there for the harvesting.

How different our lives are. And how little we Americans (as a whole) know. It always amazes me.

Journey on, ye mutants. I'll play ketchup as I can and see you a bit further along the rainbow. Bien viaje!