Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2015, 10:34 PM   #33405

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sure seems quite! Steve must be out checking weather, Papa Steve out reading puddles, Possum playing Grampa, Wayne dealing with sick MH, Di working on GC1.2, Marty dreaming of a garden, Ken still wondering what a yurt is, Carl being birdie, Barb being.....Barb, Ed looking forward to coming to AR, Larry brewing beer, Dave singing, Herb counting his money and I'm the only one posting!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2015, 10:46 PM   #33406
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sure seems quite! Steve must be out checking weather, Papa Steve out reading puddles, Possum playing Grampa, Wayne dealing with sick MH, Di working on GC1.2, Marty dreaming of a garden, Ken still wondering what a yurt is, Carl being birdie, Barb being.....Barb, Ed looking forward to coming to AR, Larry brewing beer, Dave singing, Herb counting his money and I'm the only one posting!
I've been daydreaming of the day that I can ride the rainbow all the time. I miss the RV, miss the nice weather, thought I'd go to an RV show but it's too far away (and after going to the Tampa super show, not sure anything can compare). I did order this odd radiator guard to put on the RV once I get back there (never had it) - it was a pleasant call w/the Newmar folks…also gotta get a couple of marker lights fixed and a 12v battery thing for the toad (didn't think I needed it but apparently I do).

bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:56 PM   #33407

Fleetwood Owners Club
Our Discovery is still in shop, talked to them last week, told them I wasn't in a hurry just wanted to make sure progress was being made. It will be like getting a new one when we finally get it back! Hope Mary dosnt want to redecorate!
Old 03-07-2015, 12:06 AM   #33408

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We got word today that our new TT is fixed and ready to be picked up. It turned out to be a bad hose between the outside and going to the tank. They replaced that and did the rest of the minor repairs. We will go sometime next week back to the Tri-Cities to pick it up.

Tonight we had 15 head of elk on the meadow in front of our house. It was getting too dark to get a good picture. Bummer. We love to watch them though.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:43 AM   #33409

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Just watching the snow melt off of and around motorhome. Wondering how soon I can uncover it...only 4 weekends left before depature day.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:23 AM   #33410

Back in port, back on 4G, back to waiting for permission to go ashore. It's a comfy lounge in which to ketchup.

I'm in my Caribbean style dress and sandals and Ft. Lauderdale is overcast and cool. Oops! Shoulda known better!

Hi, y'all!
Old 03-07-2015, 07:28 AM   #33411

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I've heard that potatoes should be planted on March 17, St Patrick's day. Supposed to bring good luck for a bountiful harvest. But then again, I've heard that they should be planted when the moon is dark. Do you have some special way to time you potato planting time Marty

Daddy planted his as close to 3/17 as possible. Dark o the moon is good for any crop that develops below ground, but I'm not sure he followed that.

I stayed as far away as possible at that time of year! I was a lousy trainee!
Old 03-07-2015, 07:33 AM   #33412

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I try for dark of the moon... but, it gets so wet here in spring... so it depends on the weather... I don't like mudding them in, they rot.

I don't like mudding anything in! 'Course then it gets too late before I realize it's already dried and warmed up. Early crops? Not my forte!
Old 03-07-2015, 07:34 AM   #33413

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
That would take truckloads here in Kansas... we have a base of clay to work in....

Leaf mold works wonders too.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:36 AM   #33414
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Citrus is still sick. Pulled in, operated the jacks, right side leaked down fast. those are two brand new jacks on that side.

We really need to get this fixed before April.
If your jacks don't work I'll lend you some of my orange Linx blocks. I have 30+. Us poor folk don't got no fancy schmancy automatic jacks, but we manages to git us right wit the world anyhow.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:48 AM   #33415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Power just came back on..... Truck still stuck..... Wench cable was frozen. Got it out, but not long enough?
But another crew got our power up..... Thank you linemen
5 1/2" snow on top of 2" sleet..... Some of you are prepared.... We NEVER get this much, so our state doesnt have the equipment....

Attachment 87792

Attachment 87794

But the doggies sure love it....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Yep, understand the equipment problem, but what was that poor wench doin' out there on a cable??? Is that any way to treat a lady?
Old 03-07-2015, 08:02 AM   #33416
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Back in port, back on 4G, back to waiting for permission to go ashore. It's a comfy lounge in which to ketchup.

I'm in my Caribbean style dress and sandals and Ft. Lauderdale is overcast and cool. Oops! Shoulda known better!

Hi, y'all!
We missed ya, Sue! Welcome home. Pics? Where are they? You know it's not official until we see pics.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #33417

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
We missed ya, Sue! Welcome home. Pics? Where are they? You know it's not official until we see pics.

Sent one, maybe 2. Lemme go look. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1425737570.580604.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	87921
Mahahual port.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1425737620.649313.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	87922 Chacmool replica with so-called environmental protection officer lurking. Armed.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1425737746.620100.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	87923
Small pyramid in center of the village of Limones, cleared but not restored. This was our guide's home village, so we had a good tour, saw his family and his mother's taco stand at the park.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1425738062.662824.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	87924
Chicken dinner being dug up. It was pollo pibil, cooked in a sauce in an earthenware pot. Said chicken was deboned and shredded, then put into freshly-made flour tortillas. Yummm!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1425738301.278169.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	283.5 KB
ID:	87925
The port at Cozumel.

One last:

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1425738365.467915.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	87926
Look at the colors of these waters! Your monitors don't lie.

'Nuff? Proof has been presented so now it's official! 😍
Old 03-07-2015, 08:55 AM   #33418

BTW, here's what happens when people sit at Seņor Frog's Pub too long: Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1425740111.942361.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	87929

« College Football | - »